Howe | Vital Football

Howe

Can’t escape the feeling the Cowleys don’t ultimately rate him as a starting centre half, even though he always looks decent to when he plays!

Rasenimp - 6/1/2018 17:32

Can’t escape the feeling the Cowleys don’t ultimately rate him as a starting centre half, even though he always looks decent to when he plays!

They may have no choice. I've always seen him as competent. Ultimately, if they don't rate him, they will have to find someone better.

I guess he has to be recalled for now with the proviso if we get anothe 1/2 centre halfs in he can go back on loan to Eastleigh or wherever before the deadline .
More than competant alongside Waterfall imo.

redimps1 - 6/1/2018 18:07

I guess he has to be recalled for now with the proviso if we get anothe 1/2 centre halfs in he can go back on loan to Eastleigh or wherever before the deadline .

Really? They struggled as a pair in the league below.

Mattytindraws - 6/1/2018 18:14

Really? They struggled as a pair in the league below.

They certainly did. I expect Eastleigh to sign him for a small fee. I also expect us to sign two centre halves this window.

My impression is that Callum is an old-fashioned defender - he'll throw himself in front of anything coming his way - but he doesn't really do any of that new-fangled 'distribution'. I don't mind this, but it can result in the ball coming back at the defence quicker than DC/NC might like.

I think Waterfall and also what I saw of Howe last season are much better than where they were at two years ago. Certainly wouldn't start them both unless I had to because of the left foot factor but happy to have Howe as understudy or third choice CH for the remainder of this season. Now then where is that new lefty monster.

GoBC - 6/1/2018 18:38

My impression is that Callum is an old-fashioned defender - he'll throw himself in front of anything coming his way - but he doesn't really do any of that new-fangled 'distribution'. I don't mind this, but it can result in the ball coming back at the defence quicker than DC/NC might like.
Sounds like Bostwick that does!

bonsonshead - 6/1/2018 18:45

GoBC - 6/1/2018 18:38

Sounds like Bostwick that does!

True!

MORE than competent? For League Two? Whatever makes you say that? He couldn't get into our National League team last year.