How many old "Talk Forest 'members on here | Page 5 | Vital Football

How many old "Talk Forest 'members on here

Kier - 10/4/2013 22:04

Does anyone remember when Marlon accused ER of harassing by making nuisance phone calls but then cowered when it came to turning up any evidence?

The fact that he was a member of the R.I.P. Raoul Moat page really summed him up.

:19:

i am a bit of a tosser on the net but i work in a bank in the city

as if i am going to start making nusiance phone calls to some nob off of the net i have never even met :2:

When i told him what his mum's name was it blew his mind though :70:

Newbury Red - 10/4/2013 19:17

The whole Hannah thing used to sicken me a bit. Bunch of grown men fawning over a kid. Disgusting really.

The best battles were the classic Left v Right. Rip roaring sessions between the loons and the righteous. The annual battle with Ming over exam results was my favourite.

Still, more than any forum, there were laugh out loud at work moments on that site. People used to think I was off my head, when suddenly I'd drop into pure fits of laughter and not stop for about 10 minutes.

My memory not being what it was used to (I can only remember Johnny Foreigner and the Commons Song and one of ERs comebacks on TML - can't remember the words, but I think it was in the Hilsborough thread).

Anyone else remember any proper laugh out loud moments?

i used to laugh most days about something

TML representing his school football team in the 60's yet saying he was not yet 50 years old

Rich B IKS and Hobie rowing was funny. There was a teacher on there who's name i forget but he was a laugh who i used to row with a lot

About ol Mike G - the Doreen Lawrence fan club founder :64:

There was some irish lad on there called mick who i had some fun with and GG once got the irish supporters club onto me over a few naughty comments :71:

I would happily pay to get it back up and running if anyone knew how

As long as you took it for banter and didnt take things to seriously it was the best forum imo

E R - 11/4/2013 09:14

The whole Hannah thing used to sicken me a bit. Bunch of grown men fawning over a kid. Disgusting really.

The best battles were the classic Left v Right. Rip roaring sessions between the loons and the righteous. The annual battle with Ming over exam results was my favourite.

Still, more than any forum, there were laugh out loud at work moments on that site. People used to think I was off my head, when suddenly I'd drop into pure fits of laughter and not stop for about 10 minutes.

My memory not being what it was used to (I can only remember Johnny Foreigner and the Commons Song and one of ERs comebacks on TML - can't remember the words, but I think it was in the Hilsborough thread).

i used to laugh most days about something

TML representing his school football team in the 60's yet saying he was not yet 50 years old

Rich B IKS and Hobie rowing was funny. There was a teacher on there who's name i forget but he was a laugh who i used to row with a lot

About ol Mike G - the Doreen Lawrence fan club founder :64:

There was some irish lad on there called mick who i had some fun with and GG once got the irish supporters club onto me over a few naughty comments :71:

I would happily pay to get it back up and running if anyone knew how

As long as you took it for banter and didnt take things to seriously it was the best forum imo

Yes, we had some huge arguments but there was always respect there. The ones who couldn't take it as banter and didn't develop the respect (like TML) got turned on by the rest. Everyone who took part in the arguments got absolutely slaughtered at times and I certainly took a fair few beatings. I bloody dealt out more than my fair share though and I took you apart a fair few times.

Having to defend a state education system that is rotten to the core in places was a constant challenge and people on there had a good instinct for which buttons to press with people. Posters like Hobart stopped being able to handle it because they didn't recognise it for what it was- just banter. As you said a few times, there was almost no one on that site I wouldn't be happy to have a beer with no matter how fierce the arguments.

That's not for everyone though, and I can see why the casual posters started to disappear. I a.ways got the I,pressing you wanted it to be more like TRFF-lite.

One thing I would still like to know- how did you know Marlon's Mum's name?

E R - 11/4/2013 09:04

Does anyone remember when Marlon accused ER of harassing by making nuisance phone calls but then cowered when it came to turning up any evidence?

The fact that he was a member of the R.I.P. Raoul Moat page really summed him up.

as if i am going to start making nusiance phone calls to some nob off of the net i have never even met :2:

When i told him what his mum's name was it blew his mind though :70:

How did you find out what his mum's name was?

vdub - 10/4/2013 19:15

I rember one of the Mods mentioning sums between £1200 & £2500 per yr dependent on who provides the web space.

I was always glad to do my bit with funds as was ER i remember, but there were too many" tight wads"who wanted their fun for free!

Didn't they incorporate advertising and things like a shop? Like football clubs, you can't afford to run forums as a hobby.

i work in a bank in the city

:70:

SHOCK HORROR!!

Anyone recall Dougpol? Absolute fruit. Towards the end he was threatening to do himself in, everyone pleaded with him not to. Next morning he was back on, beer talked. Again. He was funny.

cant give away all my secrets - it might come back up one day. it was a very simple trick though and literally drove him mad. he would ask me all the time by PM.

What was your name on their teacher - it is doing me head in?

yeah dougpol - peeping down teenage girls blouses in his classroom and then was going into the snow in the forest with a bottle of whiskey to top himself and then signed on a few days later when everyone though he was brown bread as if nothing had happened

there were some nutters on there as well no doubt - but funny nutters

what was you name on their marco polo? and you kier?

Anyone else remember any proper laugh out loud moments?[/QUOTE

well i know Hannah well what she looks like anyway and she is no kid mate, she is in her 30's mate , i use to see her sitting with her brothers, she comes from wellingborough i think well near northampton anyway

arthursleftball - 11/4/2013 12:52

well i know Hannah well what she looks like anyway and she is no kid mate, she is in her 30's mate , i use to see her sitting with her brothers, she comes from wellingborough i think well near northampton anyway

She got a lot of stick, but I always hoped that she got a little laugh out of the reactions her 'naive' comments caused.

Harmless albeit a little tedious. I saw her many years ago walking from the train station after someone posted a picture of her. I've wondered a few times if she still goes to games, Bedford I think she was from?

Without wanting to sound unkind, the Internet has been great for people like Hannah. Shy to the point of reclusive, she was, and I hope still is, able to converse daily with people with similar interests.

I think most were fond of her deep down.

LOL - funny how some people's versions of events manage to get altered, isn't it?

ER - see you've mellowed a bit on here? And I thought I was right wing? You took the biscuit and then some on TF!

BTW - still not yet 50, and I managed to dig up some old school footy photos. The earliest photo was from 1970, but I started school, and started playing for the school team, in that first year - which was from September 1969......

Not that it really matters - but you'd think being in your job you'd have a grip on maths? :-)

In my younger days I took a picture of Hannah, she was begging me not to post it, needless to say I never did (someone else did) by rights I should of at least got sucked off by her for not posting it, in all seriousness I felt sorry for her, but she didn't help herself, what happened with dave Lincoln? Didn't he do a no show when stoyen came over, and hasn't been seen since, whippet was a funny poster, I think he's mellowed abit now though, used to sit for hours on OF/TF pissing myself. Anybody remember nemesis? He banned me once because someone saw me having a piss at derby after the toilets got smashed in, had nothing to do with me.

Sawdon - 11/4/2013 23:54

In my younger days I took a picture of Hannah, she was begging me not to post it, needless to say I never did (someone else did) by rights I should of at least got sucked off by her for not posting it, in all seriousness I felt sorry for her, but she didn't help herself, what happened with dave Lincoln? Didn't he do a no show when stoyen came over, and hasn't been seen since, whippet was a funny poster, I think he's mellowed abit now though, used to sit for hours on OF/TF pissing myself. Anybody remember nemesis? He banned me once because someone saw me having a piss at derby after the toilets got smashed in, had nothing to do with me.

I remember Stoyan coming over. Does he still post anywhere? What was so significant about Dave Lincoln's no show?

I remember nemesis. There is someone on here called nemesis with a series of numbers, I've asked and it isn't the same guy.

I was only a kid during the days of the OF, but loved it.

Sawdon, did you play in the footie match?

:

I'm confused... Is this an attempt to explain why you are a tosser or you saying that you ain't really a tosser? :45:

Sawdon - 11/4/2013 23:54

Hannah had Aspergers, which for years she explained as shyness but was pretty obvious to anyone who ever actually saw her. It was Az who posted the picture. I was there when it was taken but i cant for the life of me remember where- somewhere open so I'm guessing Portsmouth or Gillingham.

Having met Nemesiz I would be absolutely amazed if he wasn't Aspergers as well.

This was all on the OF though. I remember you being more or less a kid in a Burberry cap on the OF but you must be mid 20's now?