How long will The Cowleys stay? | Vital Football

How long will The Cowleys stay?

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
On the back of the good news that DC/NC look likely to sign new contracts and the iminent announcement of our first ever purpose built training facility I just wanted find out what peoples thoughts were on how long they will stick around.

My gut feeing is that they will be with us for another 3 years at the end of this season as I really think that they want to see if they can take us to The Championship.

I’m going for protracted tug and pull factors in July and early August before the stoke job becomes too tempting for them.
Thankfully the new contracts will see City getting a huge payout on compensation. Great loyalty by the deadly duo. And a magnificent way to give more to the club before the year go.

It would be a real pity if they didn't try to beat Bill Anderson's record of 19 years.

They would establish a good home and family life around Lincoln and see their kids through school and Uni, without being uprooted every other year. It all makes such sense.

And if that 19 year journey sees us to the Premiership as well, then we'll take it. They can also have the Freedom of the City, a lifetime Civic Award each, degrees from the University in whatever subjects they like, and complimentary rides in the Red Arrows and the Lancaster bomber.
F*ck it, we'll give them the Castle, and the naming rights to the new ground as well.

I'm all for giving them the Castle, there can be a flagpole outside with the Imps crest on it, when it's flying tourists can say to their little ones "That flag flying means that Danny and Nicky are at home.." Obviously the castle will be closed to visitors except for the odd open day where tourists can wander round a replica of their office at Sincil Bank showing how they plotted the downfall of Burnley...

Three years is probably a good bet. As we (hopefully) climb the divisions, the clubs finances will also have to rise accordingly. With the greatest of respect to the current board (and I totally appreciate their ongoing financial support), the investment required at each stage may suddenly become out of their league. Clive quite openly stated that Lincoln became an attraction as he could never afford to become an Everton Director. God help if it ever gets to the stage here we then have to do the (no disrespect to Clive) "foreign investor" thing.
Get us to the Championship and we can become a stable mid-table team there and its job done boys and you totally deserve a shot at West Ham/Real Madrid/Barcelona/England (delete as required).

I hope that the COWLEYS (note no apostrophe required) will stick around for another three years, as Casper suggested in the OP.

Oh pardon me for making a Faux Pas towards the apostrophe society :ooops:

But is it really necessary to SHOUT at me by using capital letters to point it out rather than just normal writing?

Personally I find that rude and unnecessary.

I would rather occasionally get my apostrophes wrong than be rude.

It's a c'atastrophe!

Sure, give them the castle. I actually think Freedom of the City (if that still exists as an honour) must be on the cards at some point.

It all depends on management. The cowleys want progression. If we can fund it, I'm sure they will stay.

If we get into a rut where we stay within league one, they will go.

The championship is hard and takes real money, but that has to be the end game right?

I am now as hopeful as I have ever been that we will be blessed with their presence for at least two to three more years.

Who knows what's round the corner, as long as the board continues to improve and extend their contracts regularly so that when the dreaded day comes, we get a hugh amount of compo and activity look to existing successful managers to replace them rather than pick out the best from the unemployed ones like we usually have to. I hope they become part of the furniture but if they continue the way they are, somebody's going to give them an offer they can't refuse ,they're only human.

I'm feeling confident of them staying another 2 or 3 seasons now. I can see a glimpse of the future. It's 2021. Coming to the end of the season. We are in 13th position. We have been in division 1 a couple of seasons (having gone up as champions in 2019)- mid table finishes(14th and 13th). He has been doing well with one of the lowest wage budgets in the division. Try as he might, we have gone as far as he can with us. Time to get worried I think.

Oh pardon me for making a Faux Pas towards the apostrophe society :ooops:

But is it really necessary to SHOUT at me by using capital letters to point it out rather than just normal writing?

Personally I find that rude and unnecessary.

I would rather occasionally get my apostrophes wrong than be rude.

Apologies for my perceived rudeness; not intended.

How long is a piece of string . depends on a few factors i suppose , and of course contracts mean fuk all in this day and age . if a team wants someone that badly they will be able to buy him out . imo of course

I thought they were here until 2021 without the new contract. That is 3 years ?

So did I. If it is to 2021 presumably it will just be improved terms. Terms that put them among the highest paid managers in the bottom two divisions. Even if it is past 2021 I still hope the financial package is good enough to ward off potential suitors. Does anyone think 5 years is possibly the length being discussed? Even if thngs did not go exactly to plan and we struggled at some point while they are in charge they have done enough already to be allowed time to put thngs right IMO

So did I. If it is to 2021 presumably it will just be improved terms. Terms that put them among the highest paid managers in the bottom two divisions. Even if it is past 2021 I still hope the financial package is good enough to ward off potential suitors. Does anyone think 5 years is possibly the length being discussed? Even if thngs did not go exactly to plan and we struggled at some point while they are in charge they have done enough already to be allowed time to put thngs right IMO

I tink they like 5 year contracts.

I think they will stay for as long as they feel the club is still progressing. This will depend on the backing they get from the board. It is obvious that we will need to spend to strengthen the squad to even challenge for promotion from League Two or League One.
They are ambitious, as a club we need to match their ambitions to keep them.

The Ipswich manager betting market seems to have started moving again. Bet Victor now have Gerrard as favourite at 3-1.