How long will The Cowleys stay? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How long will The Cowleys stay?

My feeling is another 2 - 3 years, but I think the over-riding factor is progression and backing from the board. If that can be maintained then progression on the field is wholly down to what they can do with the resources and funding at their disposal. If things start to dry up they might start looking at other options with more resources. Until then lets keep backing them and enjoy the ride.

My feeling is 2/3 years, longer hopefully of course, but realistically they will outgrow the Club but leave us in a far better place than we have ever been before. Perhaps Bob will be counting his chickens and anything else he can invest in the Club to keep them as long as possible. UTI.

Without any knowledge I'm sticking to my view that we haven't quite heard the last of Ipswich. In particular I cannot see what the C's would gain by agreeing a new contract with an increased release payment. That would be far better for the club than the C's ambitions.
1 more season if we're lucky.

My gut feeling is that it'll be summer 2019, though obviously there's a lot of ifs and buts. If we're in the Championship by then (unlikely but who knows) I can't imagine they'd leave. On the other hand, if we fail to get promoted this year and then end up in a relegation fight next season (again unlikely) then they won't be such hot property any more.

If I had to predict the next two years, I would say we'll miss out on promotion this season, then get automatic promotion next year, and then the Cowleys will leave for pastures new.

For any of us fortunate to be in a job with a permanent contract, we have employment until retirement age (unless employer fails meantime).
So how about Lincoln do the same and issue the Cowley's with PERMANENT CONTRACTS.?
Why not!!