How long until fans are complicit? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How long until fans are complicit?

I see Sheffield Utd are the newest club to be close to being purchased by a rich person.

Henry Mauriss, who is a billionaire has offered to buy them for 115 million.

According to some Sheffield media heckingbottom was going to have to look at loans, free players and cheaper deals for next summer but if this happens he'll have very big budget.

Why oh why don't you sell Delia? We must have one of if not the poorest owners in EFL

Webber speaks and as always his distaste for the fans is obvious.

In the tines he says yes he get a upset if we lose but his life isn't about making the fans happy and we need to see the bigger picture.

I've only read part of the article and will finish reading it in a mo but it just seems like he hates us and thinks we are a bunch of dummies. Saying 'against the likes of Chelsea in this league we have a chance of getting something....of course we don't. Cone on get real.'

Great mindset and attitude. You could see why some managers wouldn't come here. Imagine lampard, wilder sitting there hearing their boss saying 'we aren't good enough or worthy enough to face cheksea or Liverpool so just let them win. We are just little self funded norwich they'd be like 'piss off'

Not only are fans Clapping the unacceptable performances and encouraging the obnoxious, arrogant and disrespectful actions of the clubs top brass, they are also trying to target and label the small (but growing) minority of fans who are actually taking a stand. It makes you wonder why even waste energy doesn't it when you're dealing with people like this - as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink !

Smith said the following

🗣️ 'One of the biggest things we are working on is the club culture. We cannot get to the Premier League and people think we are too good a club to play against.'

Don't forget we have the love it new badge to look forward to next season.....maybe it's best to forget

Well , if fans are complicit and support the selfish Smiffs by going to CR and sit in silence and politely clap failure and relegation, then I guess Mr Webber will have distain for fans

Ha ha ! I wrote this at 11am ….before the events of Saturday where the nasty little Webber showed us his true colours . As if he wanted to prove me right he duely obliged and shows his utter contempt for us all. Get rid of him

finished the Webber article and another bit that annoys me is him saying that 'when the club gets relegated I don't get down/upset as the club will be here for another 100 years - and that is down to Delia and Michael'.

He bleats on about how lucky we are to have them and fans should basically be more appreciative of them.

Its only down to D and M cus they kept control of it - dont even think that that justification can dump the idea that a new owner wouldnt have done as good if not better

finished the Webber article and another bit that annoys me is him saying that 'when the club gets relegated I don't get down/upset as the club will be here for another 100 years - and that is down to Delia and Michael'.

He bleats on about how lucky we are to have them and fans should basically be more appreciative of them.

Yep so lucky to have them, in an unrelated note here is a few snippets of an article from the Athletic when they spoke to former Chairman Alan Bowkett

“I wouldn’t say I was a strident critic of the board,” says Bowkett. “I felt financially they’d lost their way and the way football was going, unless you sorted the finances you weren’t going to have a viable team."

“I got a call from Michael to ask if we could meet and I remember thinking, probably not. I’m maligning Michael here but I thought he’d be looking for a cheque and I wasn’t doing it. I said no; I was in China. What about the week after? Sorry, I’m in Russia. He asked me to name when and where. "

Bowkett’s immediate response remained no but with Wynn Jones countering each of his reasons why, Bowkett asked to look at the books.

“They were not great,” he says. “I said I wouldn’t take the chair but I’d try to help restructure the balance sheet. I wasn’t involved in it but at the same time they were also speaking to David McNally about becoming chief executive.”

The summer was spent renegotiating bonds and overdraft facilities, loan extensions and interest deferrals. Norwich were £23 million in debt, mostly owed to Axa as a result of the South Stand build in 2003, and Bank of Scotland. The club could not afford to pay its interest payments, nor had the money to settle loans at the end of their terms.

Such wonderful owners who were running the club into the crowd while not putting money in. Where did the Prem money go?

Yep so lucky to have them, in an unrelated note here is a few snippets of an article from the Athletic when they spoke to former Chairman Alan Bowkett

“I wouldn’t say I was a strident critic of the board,” says Bowkett. “I felt financially they’d lost their way and the way football was going, unless you sorted the finances you weren’t going to have a viable team."

“I got a call from Michael to ask if we could meet and I remember thinking, probably not. I’m maligning Michael here but I thought he’d be looking for a cheque and I wasn’t doing it. I said no; I was in China. What about the week after? Sorry, I’m in Russia. He asked me to name when and where. "

Bowkett’s immediate response remained no but with Wynn Jones countering each of his reasons why, Bowkett asked to look at the books.

“They were not great,” he says. “I said I wouldn’t take the chair but I’d try to help restructure the balance sheet. I wasn’t involved in it but at the same time they were also speaking to David McNally about becoming chief executive.”

The summer was spent renegotiating bonds and overdraft facilities, loan extensions and interest deferrals. Norwich were £23 million in debt, mostly owed to Axa as a result of the South Stand build in 2003, and Bank of Scotland. The club could not afford to pay its interest payments, nor had the money to settle loans at the end of their terms.

Such wonderful owners who were running the club into the crowd while not putting money in. Where did the Prem money go?
That is scary. They are clueless and have no idea about finances. It's not down to Delia and Michael it's down to bowkett and others that the club is here. You'd think if they cared about the club then at that point they'd have gone let's look for new buyers to save this club but nope they went to the good old bowkett to help them and even he was reluctant. They are like the mares you have who pretend to live the high life bit always come crawling to their friends when once again they screw up.

Is bowkett that rich?

Had a look a his net worth is around 5 million

That is scary. They are clueless and have no idea about finances. It's not down to Delia and Michael it's down to bowkett and others that the club is here. You'd think if they cared about the club then at that point they'd have gone let's look for new buyers to save this club but nope they went to the good old bowkett to help them and even he was reluctant. They are like the mares you have who pretend to live the high life bit always come crawling to their friends when once again they screw up.

Is bowkett that rich?

Had a look a his net worth is around 5 million

70 times more than cabin boy :grinning:

I read this somewhere else where the wonderful NC had actually advertised on a site for players along with clubs like Partick Thistle . Apparently the whole recruitment system under Webber has been a total joke and we ended up paying for more the unproven joke that is Sargent . It was also pointed out that Smiff and Wyn Jones have been totally clueless and unaware in all this . The link to this story is on the Pink Un message board and even mild mannered fans on there are deeply worried about is going on with a total lack of leadership at the club For the sake of our the club the senile old Smiffs have simply got to go

I read this somewhere else where the wonderful NC had actually advertised on a site for players along with clubs like Partick Thistle . Apparently the whole recruitment system under Webber has been a total joke and we ended up paying for more the unproven joke that is Sargent . It was also pointed out that Smiff and Wyn Jones have been totally clueless and unaware in all this . The link to this story is on the Pink Un message board and even mild mannered fans on there are deeply worried about is going on with a total lack of leadership at the club For the sake of our the club the senile old Smiffs have simply got to go
That is crazy. So we were posting for new players like a company would post job adverts for new staff?? That is so odd.