How do we encourage fawas to sell up? | Page 8 | Vital Football

How do we encourage fawas to sell up?

ZedRed - 16/1/2017 13:01

Here goes, if anyone wants to send or edit and send this. I would address it to the Ambassador, Mr. Khaled Abdulaziz Al-Duwaisan and it would probably be better if it was sent hard copy if possible with a letterhead from an official organisation such as the Supporters' Trust.

Your Excellency,

We are writing to you to bring to your attention the displeasure of the supporters of Nottingham Forest Football Club, twice former champions of Europe, of it's owner, Fawaz Al-Hasawi, a member of one of the most high profile families in Kuwait, with connections to your royal family and almost certainly one of the highest profile Kuwaitis with business interests in the United Kingdom.

The ownership of Nottingham Forest Football Club by Fawaz Al-Hasawi has not only brought the club in to disrepute in the British footballing community with the unprofessional way in which the club has been operating, but also in to disrepute in the local business community with numerous winding up petitions brought against the club due to late payments of local businesses.

Due to the fact that Mr. Al-Hasawi is one of the highest profile Kuwaitis with business interests in the United Kingdom, with his profile becoming larger and larger with each act of his lack of professionalism being scrutinised by the mainstream media, we are genuinely concerned that if the position of Nottingham Forest Football Club deteriorates much further, (which looks increasingly likely after two failed takeover bids with media speculation indicating that this may be down to Mr. Al-Hasawi's unreasonable demands in seeking to recoup money that he has lost through his own incompetence in running the football club) that this may further embarrass Mr. Al-Hasawi and the people of Kuwait, due to Mr. Al-Hasawi's proximity to the Kuwaiti Royal Family and could even jeopardise further Anglo-Kuwaiti business, cultural and political interests.

We are writing to you to highlight this potential escalating course of events to people back home in Kuwait who may be in a position to advise Mr. Al-Hasawi that it would be in his interests and in the interests of the people of Kuwait to either sell Nottingham Football Club for a reasonable price without recovering money that he has lost through his own incompetence, or at least to start behaving with a degree of professionalism and integrity and appoint a management team to run the affairs of Nottingham Forest properly through to a point where he can find another suitable buyer in order to avoid any further embarrassment to the proud people of Kuwait and to the Al-Hasawi family themselves.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX (INSERT)

Think that's pretty much spot on. Just a few amendments towards the end which I'd make......

Would replace "own incompetance" with "own decisions", and remove "behaving with a degree of professionalism and integrity" entirely.

Southern red - 17/1/2017 01:01

https://www.facebook.com/awaydaybible/videos/662563267238092/

Just seen this and it's done me....absolute genius and needs to be sung from the stands

Any chance you could copy & paste?

Facebook on the blocked list @ work.

Galaxy42 - 17/1/2017 12:24

Just seen this and it's done me....absolute genius and needs to be sung from the stands

Thats Calvin Plummers job

Apollyon - 17/1/2017 13:48

Always happy to help, this one has words even you'll understand.

https://youtu.be/g8h5PsdORj8

Hawkeye1 - 17/1/2017 06:58

I take it that you will actually be coming to this match Southernred.

I'm out the country this weekend with work, but I can only usually make 4-5 home games a year and a few London away games

A peaceful protest will have some benefit in that it makes more people aware and creates a PR nightmare for the owner.

This is especially true if you treat the stadium, grounds, players and all the other supporters with respect. You don't want to interrupt an on-going match.

Longer term, you don't buy Forest Merchandise, and when it comes time to renew season tickets don't.

That is about all you can do

I dont think there needs to be any comments regarding the renewal of season Tickets,from what i have heard if he is still here as owner he will need to give them away to get 13,000 like most years.

The mood is the lowest i can ever remember in the club and i have been through some bad times i can assure you.

I think our season now relies a lot on the next two home games which we must win,if not we will be in the bottom three and there will be mass decent with the fans and who knows what may happen in the ground

Calvin Plummer - 17/1/2017 14:24

Apollyon - 17/1/2017 13:48

Always happy to help, this one has words even you'll understand.

https://youtu.be/g8h5PsdORj8

The autohagiographer speaks

Smell my dactylion

malc08 - 17/1/2017 15:47

I dont think there needs to be any comments regarding the renewal of season Tickets,from what i have heard if he is still here as owner he will need to give them away to get 13,000 like most years.

The mood is the lowest i can ever remember in the club and i have been through some bad times i can assure you.

I think our season now relies a lot on the next two home games which we must win,if not we will be in the bottom three and there will be mass decent with the fans and who knows what may happen in the ground

Owd decent

Watch out Map is about

I think a sub would be better suited although if it sPl**ters, sliced might be better

Ive had a dry January so far and have parted with a firm stool in a while so if it is to be sliced, im your man

sitting duck - 15/1/2017 15:03

wred - 14/1/2017 22:48

Protesting at matches only hurts the team.
A protest has to damage his reputation in Kuwait for it to have any effect.
Protest by say a bus load of fans,at the Kuwaiti embassy, as long as it is tied up with the guarantee a tv news station pickingit up may get his attention. Unfortunately that is a lot more difficult to organise than a banner at a home game
He doesn't care what people in Nottingham think

Rather than protest maybe very, very politely write to the Kuwaiti U.K. Embassy and explain that as a figurehead for one of the highest profile Kuwaiti 'organisations' in the U.K., he's doing a terrible job representing their interests. Enough attention might generate a phone call to someone who matters back home.

london@mofa.gov.kw

sent an email- got another address?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

london@mofa.gov.kw (london@mofa.gov.kw)
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: mofa.gov.kw

london@mofa.gov.kw
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##

radfordinlondon - 18/1/2017 18:41

sitting duck - 15/1/2017 15:03

wred - 14/1/2017 22:48

Protesting at matches only hurts the team.
A protest has to damage his reputation in Kuwait for it to have any effect.
Protest by say a bus load of fans,at the Kuwaiti embassy, as long as it is tied up with the guarantee a tv news station pickingit up may get his attention. Unfortunately that is a lot more difficult to organise than a banner at a home game
He doesn't care what people in Nottingham think

Rather than protest maybe very, very politely write to the Kuwaiti U.K. Embassy and explain that as a figurehead for one of the highest profile Kuwaiti 'organisations' in the U.K., he's doing a terrible job representing their interests. Enough attention might generate a phone call to someone who matters back home.

london@mofa.gov.kw

sent an email- got another address?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

london@mofa.gov.kw (london@mofa.gov.kw)
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: mofa.gov.kw

london@mofa.gov.kw
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##

No. That's odd. Mine got through. Zed? LBL? Did yours? Speculating, but maybe we aren't the only Forest fans to be emailing?