Horwich FC | Vital Football

Horwich FC

I'm sure players at this level will cope, but for staff a week before Christmas what a disgrace that chairman is. Clueless when it comes to finance as evidenced by our ticket prices. The efl also need to take responsibility for allowing them out of a transfer embargo but they'll bury their head in sand as usual. I wonder what affect it will have on the players Saturday, they refused to play a pre season game due to non payment of bonuses and choosing to pay some and not others.

I think hearing that news will psychology dent them heading into any game no matter how well off the players are it's the principle of the club not honouring their commitments.

Bolton were allowed to spend up to a couple of million on new signings in the summer when they hadn't even paid last years missing wages - it's no suprise they have yet more money issues. It's an absolute farce how the FA and FFP regulations dont seem to keep things like that in check.

It isn't just Bolton Wanderers managing to swerve the FFP regs, QPR have done so, reducing the amount to pay to the league by a substantial amount of money.

I hope that the people who really make an organisation such as this tick manage to be paid.

I like the boycott, I also hope the fans tomorrow also chant some shade towards the clown who not only sucked all the hype out of tomorrow by manipulating fans with what should have been a decent championship derby, but also paying staff late. This is beyond rivalry these are people on minimum wage with late payment in the festive period while he and his son pay themselves a combined half a million.

Apparently after the justified backlash he tried to pay wages by half 5, whether thats happened or even true im not sure just heard that from a pal. But the fact this could have even happened at a championship club is not right.

Talking to a Bolton fan last night ( good lad too BTW) and hes not confident about today. He also thinks they will be relegated.

Decent point today, but yet again we did not take our chances and should have won. Having said that, 5 points from a possible 9 is not too bad.

Big test next Saturday.

...So I assume we’re reverting back to everything’s terrible, we’re getting relegated with -12 points and the world is ending again?

The mild optimism was fun while it lasted...

Oh and, *insert generic Kal Naismith insult here* - bloody rubbish Wigan!

Thought we did okay today, at least we have got back to creating chances! Would have been nice to have won but it being a Derby game avoiding defeat will do for me! Only one of these teams will be struggling to stay up, and it's not us!!

Worst Bolton team of my lifetime, best chance we’ll ever get to do them on their own patch, and we blew it.

Fail to beat Ipswich and I genuinely don’t see us winning another away game all season. It’s turned to a serious psychological problem now. The players don’t believe they can go on and win when we go into the last 15 minutes.

Rangers fans were spot on about Windass. One good game every five. He’ll be shite every game until Birmingham or West Brom where he’ll have another stormer and we’ll believe he’ll come good, then another 4 stinkers.

Worst Bolton team of my lifetime, best chance we’ll ever get to do them on their own patch, and we blew it.

Fail to beat Ipswich and I genuinely don’t see us winning another away game all season. It’s turned to a serious psychological problem now. The players don’t believe they can go on and win when we go into the last 15 minutes.

Rangers fans were spot on about Windass. One good game every five. He’ll be shite every game until Birmingham or West Brom where he’ll have another stormer and we’ll believe he’ll come good, then another 4 stinkers.

Windass was man of the match for me (and others on social media).

Overwhelming feeling of frustration after watching that this afternoon. Bolton really are garbage and unless they pull off another Houdini act they'll be in league 1 next season. Other than their goal I don't recall Walton being troubled and to be fair neither was Alnwick. Both penalty incidents were at the opposite end so difficult to judge if they were right.

The reason we didn't win today was purely down to a lack of composure in the Bolton box. Evans should have at the very least hit the target to open the scoring from inside the box and second half Windass pulled a shot horribly into the side netting when again he should be scoring let alone forcing the keeper into a save. Worse for the me was the number of wasted opportunities we had to put in a decent cross from very very easy positions inside their box. Windass started the rot with an effort akin to his penalty. The least said about Naismiths effort at a short corner the better. Second half byrne and Roberts somehow failed to find team mates with horrendous crosses/passes deep into their box and byrne then contrived to put another couple of shocking efforts out of play. On byrne he was so lightweight, he really isn't suited to this role and was very poor. Difficult to select a man of the match, probably Morsy.

Overall glad we didn't lose but feel so disappointed we didn't win that game which was there for the taking.

Alls good then

Bloody hell today we just needed not to lose and we didn't. Five key players out including all the attacking midfield. We got a valuable away point and we'll pick more and more up till we reach our objective which is safety. Well done lads for getting the away monkey of your backs. We will win at Ipswich and a point next week at home to Derby.
UTFT.

I’d just like to say well done to the Bolton fans who attacked us near Horwich Parkway station after the game. Got a couple of people in front of us on the floor and kicked them in the head then punched a 69 year old partially sighted man and hit someone with a heart condition too. Didn’t even care that there were children watching it all or care which team people supported. Loads of police near the ground but none all the way up from when we walked past Missoula to the A6.

Bloody hell today we just needed not to lose and we didn't. Five key players out including all the attacking midfield. We got a valuable away point and we'll pick more and more up till we reach our objective which is safety. Well done lads for getting the away monkey of your backs. We will win at Ipswich and a point next week at home to Derby.
UTFT.
Needed not to lose? We were playing a team who had scored 2 goals in over 1000 minutes of football and are going down FFS. That’s not a valuable point it’s two dropped.

I’m fuming because we won’t play them again away in a long long time and we’ll certainly never get a better chance to beat them. Any other team bar Ipswich would have snotted them?

I’d just like to say well done to the Bolton fans who attacked us near Horwich Parkway station after the game. Got a couple of people in front of us on the floor and kicked them in the head then punched a 69 year old partially sighted man and hit someone with a heart condition too. Didn’t even care that there were children watching it all or care which team people supported. Loads of police near the ground but none all the way up from when we walked past Missoula to the A6.
Did you not step up and help them out? There were a group of Bolton fans who tried to jump a few Latics fans near us, but legged it when our group saw it and ran at them.