Horwich FC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Horwich FC

I’m one of the people that ended up on the floor being kicked and punched in the head. Nobody was there to help us when all of this was happening. Why should a person have to step in anyway? This kind of stuff shouldn’t happen in the first place.

Bloody hell today we just needed not to lose and we didn't. Five key players out including all the attacking midfield. We got a valuable away point and we'll pick more and more up till we reach our objective which is safety. Well done lads for getting the away monkey of your backs. We will win at Ipswich and a point next week at home to Derby.
UTFT.

Absolutely - with Powell, Massey and Jacobs in the team fitand firing, I’m convinced we’d have found a way to win that game. I think it’s just about surviving until January and picking up as many points as possible before then.

As for the comment above about better teams ‘snotting’ Bolton, five of their last nine defeats have all been by one goal. Only one of those nine defeats has been by more than two goals, so they’re hardly being thrashed every week...

Last edited:
I’m one of the people that ended up on the floor being kicked and punched in the head. Nobody was there to help us when all of this was happening. Why should a person have to step in anyway? This kind of stuff shouldn’t happen in the first place.

I didn't think trains were running today due to strikes, hence why I bit the bullet and drove. Whilst it shouldn't happen it does at football but sounds like a complete policing failure if there was no presence at that location as a deterrent. Hope you're all relatively unscathed. Didn't see any trouble myself but certainty there were numerous groups of young scrotes knocking around pre game, though nothing a strong gust of wind wouldn't have handled.

[QUOTE="HudWiganFan, post: 1638201, member: 141738"

As for the comment above about better teams ‘snotting’ Bolton, five of their last nine defeats have all been by one goal. Only one of those nine defeats has been by more than two goals, so they’re hardly being thrashed every week...[/QUOTE]

I don't know how, they were bloody awful.

Btw, were you on the pitch at halftime?

Sorry to hear that, hope you’re alright. Like I said the scrotes were targeting lone fans who looked easy targets.

I didn't think trains were running today due to strikes, hence why I bit the bullet and drove. Whilst it shouldn't happen it does at football but sounds like a complete policing failure if there was no presence at that location as a deterrent. Hope you're all relatively unscathed. Didn't see any trouble myself but certainty there were numerous groups of young scrotes knocking around pre game, though nothing a strong gust of wind wouldn't have handled.
It’s always been awful policing at Bolton when we come even with trains. They just don’t have a clue how to handle it. They should just keep us in the ground for 10 minutes after the game until the area is cleared.

Have to agree with C_Latic and MIW .....
Very disappointed in the way Reece James lost his player for the goal ... Defending throw ins and set pieces appear to be a real issue this season.

A League 1 standard match from most of the players on the pitch... with the odd exception or two.

Dan Burn stood out and pretty much did everything right. My man of the match.

Bolton were absolutely awful today and their lack of quality was evident.
However, as has been noted previously, far too many Wigan players had the touch of an Elephant on heat.
Plenty of decent chances but sadly not taken .... No end of frustration for the supporters in the upper deck.
Kal Naismith could be a decent player if he improves his nerve and his touch .... I feel sorry for the lad and perhaps a visit to the team psychologist would calm his nerves ?

Josh Windass is still way off being a 2.5 million quid player but has his moments. Has to develop that killer instinct ... otherwise he might as well go on loan to Peterborough.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11568943/bolton-1-1-wigan

Very sorry to hear that Th10.
Have you reported this to the Police ?

It’s always been awful policing at Bolton when we come even with trains. They just don’t have a clue how to handle it. They should just keep us in the ground for 10 minutes after the game until the area is cleared.

True, but given the station is a main egress route and a choke point a visible presence at that location it should be a key part of their plan for the game. Personally I thought there were no trains post 1700 so if there were it seems perplexing. Traffic was bloody horrendous post game too.

Have to agree with C_Latic and MIW .....
Very disappointed in the way Reece James lost his player for the goal ... Defending throw ins and set pieces appear to be a real issue this season.

A League 1 standard match from most of the players on the pitch... with the odd exception or two.

Dan Burn stood out and pretty much did everything right. My man of the match.

Bolton were absolutely awful today and their lack of quality was evident.
However, as has been noted previously, far too many Wigan players had the touch of an Elephant on heat.
Plenty of decent chances but sadly not taken .... No end of frustration for the supporters in the upper deck.
Kal Naismith could be a decent player if he improves his nerve and his touch .... I feel sorry for the lad and perhaps a visit to the team psychologist would calm his nerves ?

Josh Windass is still way off being a 2.5 million quid player but has his moments. Has to develop that killer instinct ... otherwise he might as well go on loan to Peterborough.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11568943/bolton-1-1-wigan

I had a good look at Naismith today in the first half as was on the far left of the stand. To be fair positionally I thought he was okay. However his touch at times was comical and he seemed intent on risk taking by trying to beat players deep in our half when he just needs to play it safe. That short corner debacle he was involved in was an embarrassment. He's fortunate the three teams he's faced this week have been atrocious and I doubt he'll have such an easy ride against derby. I still maintain he isn't good enough for this level but it seems we're lumbered with him for the remainder of the month.

He dropped a couple of right bollocks.....but he did show that he can beat a man coming out of defence to be fair to him. Thought Nathan Byrne was shocking and given that he thinks right midfield/wing is his natural position, I thought he was as bad as he was good at RB last season.
Overall performance of the team was decent but no composure at all with the final ball, we outplayed them 2nd half especially but still failed to create many good chances.

I’m fine one of our group is in A&E with a head wound but isn’t seriously hurt. Not bothered reporting it to the police, the group that attacked us came from nowhere and none of us would be able to give any sort of description of them. It was clear that after the game it was all pre planned and they had left the game early or hadn’t even been at all.

The policing was awful a similar thing nearly happened to our fans queuing up at block G before the game. A large group of Home fans suddenly appeared and charged toward our fans but ran off as soon as a few police came.

Haven't been able to watch a full match (online) in some time so was grateful to take into today's. Despite us being the much better team in the 2nd half I don't think we had the quality to deserve all 3 points. At this point we're a squad that's just above relegation quality and today's result was evident of that.

Walton (7) - Not at fault for the goal. Wasn't tested for the rest of the match but played confidently.

Naismith (6) - Had some poor giveaways in the first half and some decent spells later on. Overall wasn't much of a factor in the game.

Burn (8) - Second best player for us today. Looked well the part against a poor attacking side.

Kipre (7) - Nearly caused their second goal in the first half leading a 2v1 breakaway but made up for it with strong defending in the closing minutes of the match.

James (6) - Solid all-around performance including some well-taken corners in the second half. Unfortunately was responsible for their goal with poor positioning on the cross and reaction to their scorer receiving the ball.

Evans (6) - Bottled one of our best scoring opportunities of the game early on. Had some inconsistent spells throughout the match.

Morsy (8) - My MOTM. Very calm and composed all 90. Stand out player in the midfield between the two teams.

Roberts (7) - Worked hard on the left side and didn't look out of place at any given time. Needed a bit more creativity from him though.

Windass (7) - Jekyll and Hyde performance. Yes, he was our most dangerous attacking player for most of the match but his final ball was dreadful too often. His failure to hit target from 12 yards out in the second half was unfortunately his standout moment of the match.

Byrne (6) - Love him as a player but his crossing was woeful today.

Grigg (7) - Did well to earn the penalty and convert. Hold up play was solid while he was on. Didn't really have many other scoring opportunities otherwise.

Subs (N/A) - Vaughn and McManaman were solid but didn't really give us the extra boost we needed for a goal. Would've been nice to see Garner come on 5-10 minutes earlier.

I’m fine one of our group is in A&E with a head wound but isn’t seriously hurt. Not bothered reporting it to the police, the group that attacked us came from nowhere and none of us would be able to give any sort of description of them. It was clear that after the game it was all pre planned and they had left the game early or hadn’t even been at all.

The policing was awful a similar thing nearly happened to our fans queuing up at block G before the game. A large group of Home fans suddenly appeared and charged toward our fans but ran off as soon as a few police came.

Hopefully your mate will be okay. You should really report it. Whilst no doubt they won't investigate it it may focus their minds about having a presence there for other games and prevent others getting assaulted.

I’m fine one of our group is in A&E with a head wound but isn’t seriously hurt........

That's good news Th10........ but crap that it happened in the first place.

Hope your mate turns out OK.

I had a good look at Naismith today in the first half as was on the far left of the stand. To be fair positionally I thought he was okay. However his touch at times was comical and he seemed intent on risk taking by trying to beat players deep in our half when he just needs to play it safe. That short corner debacle he was involved in was an embarrassment. He's fortunate the three teams he's faced this week have been atrocious and I doubt he'll have such an easy ride against derby. I still maintain he isn't good enough for this level but it seems we're lumbered with him for the remainder of the month.

It’s good to have you back, I was getting concerned after your post-Blackburn comments!

Hopefully your mate will be okay. You should really report it. Whilst no doubt they won't investigate it it may focus their minds about having a presence there for other games and prevent others getting assaulted.
TH10 glad you're ok. I agree with MIW. We were informed by our local police liaison that if you don't report it then it wouldn't be included in their stats. This might mean that the police are not aware & do not see that area as a problem. And nothing will be done to prevent future incidents. Best to report any incident no matter how minor.

Perhaps it would also help if the idiots stopped getting on his back and shouting and booing every mistake he makes and then slagging him off on social media etc.
Confidence is everything to a lot of players, especially if they are playing in an unfamiliar roele or just coming into the team.
Give him a break and let him try to bed in, oh and everyone including Saint Morsy and Young James makes mistakes as we have seen

I’m fine one of our group is in A&E with a head wound but isn’t seriously hurt. Not bothered reporting it to the police, the group that attacked us came from nowhere and none of us would be able to give any sort of description of them.

I'm happy that you're all unharmed and wish your friend a speedy recovery. It's a sorry state that this thing still happening.

I have to agree with the guys above - failure to report these things leaves the risk of a repeat offence and further victims. I had a very strong argument with a friend of mine that went through something similar. That area will also be covered with cctv, so any amount of information you could give would be useful.

From a match point of view, I'm afraid I wasn't there for this one so can't comment on individual performance. Overall though I'm happy we've stopped the run of defeats, but ultimately have to say it's uninspiring if not disappointing that we couldn't have taken all 3. We can take confidence that we were able to take back control after conceding so early though

These little shitbags are cowards..nothing more nothing less. 10 they are ok and on their own they revert to spotty little wankers. My lad has done white collar boxing and won and I'd like see some of this lot 1 on 1 with a proper lad no hiding place. They would shit themselves.

I'm not just talking about Bolton fans either as I've seen some of our lot do the same...pricks the lot of um.