Horwich at home | Page 5 | Vital Football

Horwich at home

I think too many read too much into that interview.
What we don't know is what has been said before that recording - Fiona Bruce ridiculing Abbott at QT warm up comes to mind.
Not brilliant interview agreed but 1 out of many at such a low period makes him bad? He's not perfect. He has bad days as we all do. Probably he found out today that Pilkington & Fox wouldn't feature at all for remaining season - 2 Jan signings that we pin our hopes on.
Give him a break. Channel all your energies into going to the game and support the team vocally tomorrow. We all know how vocal support can be the 12th man and lift the players.
Problem is he has had a bad day almost every day since October. If we win tomorrow unless he's been to Damascus since Tuesday it will be despite rather than because of the hapless one.

If he wants to create a siege mentality for him and the players so it's 'us against the world' and it gets them fighting then that's fine by me. If it doesn't work it won't matter anyway as he might be out of a job. Why not give it a go.

Either that or maybe he just got out of the wrong side of the bed, happens to us all, no point over analysing it really.

Or he has no clue what to do next.
The continuous deflection and refusal to answer the most basic of questions is appalling from the (current) manager of our club. Somewhere between Rosler and Mourinho when they too had simply run out of ideas and their course.
Thought Daz n Joe might have offered the vote of confidence or some support but the silence is deafening.

Up "the fans" tics

Well this is it then, all roads lead to Saturday. Goes without saying it’s the most important derby match we’ve ever played. I’d go as far as to say it’s one of the most important games in our club’s history such is the financial ramifications of relegation.

We know how Bolton will play, ten behind the ball with a big lump up front on his own (Donaldson or Magennis) and attempt to shithouse a goal through a hopeful hoof into our box or a set piece. Callum Connolly will also play, either CM or LB. So what team would folk play? Assuming we’ll have most of the ball it’s down to us to break them down so here’s how I’d go although to be honest I could change a number of them tomorrow, especially if the likes of Fox/Pilkington are fit.

Walton
Byrne
Dunkley
Kipre
Naismith

Morsy
James

Jacobs
Powell
McManaman

Garner

My heart says we’ll score first and scrape an awful 2-1 win but my head says 0-1 Bolton and Cook finally pushed out of the door come Saturday night. While 0-0 looks realistic, neither teams can afford to draw so surely both will go for it in the final ten minutes.

You suggest Bolton will try to hoof it in our box and try to score via a set piece the say you would go with Walton in goal, do you watch any of our games or know why Walton was dropped in the first place ????

Goes without saying, it's a huge game tomorrow. I can't see it being a high scoring match at all, as both sides are lacking in quality up front in my opinion. I feel that it will be decided by one goal. I'll go 2-1 Latics (Powell, Jacobs and Magennis the scorers). We really cannot afford to lose this, and even a draw would be a disappointing result at home against arguably the worst team in the league. I feel that a loss would almost certainly see Cook leave, a win would obviously see him still in charge for our next game. A draw? Well, it depends on the performance. If it's similar to the Blackburn display and we draw, I think Cook will go. If we show fight and spirit, there's a good chance he'll stay. Essentially, there's so much riding on this, not only for Cook, but the club in general. This is a season defining game in my opinion, and could go a long way in determining whether we will go up, or down. Let's just hope we can get the first goal, because if we don't then I fear the atmosphere may turn hostile and this isn't conducive to getting the best out of the players.

Or he has no clue what to do next.
The continuous deflection and refusal to answer the most basic of questions is appalling from the (current) manager of our club. Somewhere between Rosler and Mourinho when they too had simply run out of ideas and their course.
Thought Daz n Joe might have offered the vote of confidence or some support but the silence is deafening.

Up "the fans" tics
Continuous? Unless one's life is in a loop with 1 event taken as a continuous event.... Stop your world & get off that spinning circle.
See you at the game tomorrow shouting for the team.

You suggest Bolton will try to hoof it in our box and try to score via a set piece the say you would go with Walton in goal, do you watch any of our games or know why Walton was dropped in the first place ????
Yep, I’ll take that over letting another pea shooter in from 30 yards. I bet you were one of those divs who preferred Carson over Al Habsi because the latter stayed on his line more often that not.

But now he'll just be a bit of a p---- and a s--- manager where before he was just a s--- manager.

The thing that really annoys me about this is he acting a knob about someone asking about Masseys fitness but EVERY pre match press confrence he is asked about it and half of the time he not only tells us who's fit but tells us if they will start or not. So Cook is getting upset about questions he is normally happy to answer - the interviewer must have been WTF?

To me he sounds like a guy who think's he is losing tomorrow and losing his job and isn't that arsed anymore about keeping a working relationship as he doesn't think he'll have another pre match presser. I'm praying that somehow we get the 3 points against Bolton and next press confrence we can have a manager who doesn't throw his toys out of the pram for a journo doing their job is the most gentle possible way.

Prick Shit and Fuck . If you going to use those terms at least spell them out.

Sad but I think a lot of posters on here want us to lose tomorrow. Never mind try to see if you can get to buy a season ticket for the neighbouring Premier league clubs next season.
What a low and insultive slander to say about fellow supporters of our great club. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sad but I think a lot of posters on here want us to lose tomorrow. Never mind try to see if you can get to buy a season ticket for the neighbouring Premier league clubs next season.
Care to name names ?
For one i never want us to lose !

Their biggest threat to us will be if they get a corner or a set piece anywhere around our area, definitely. They've some big lumps in their side, definitely dangerous.