Here we go! | Page 1634 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Agreed, I think most of these are more than reasonable and in fact probably of benefit to most people as a whole.
Indeed, some interesting ones

Number 13 is a particular issue.

I have had loads of Muslim students who did take out student loans but a few who wouldn't for religious reasons. Many more were very concerned about it.

I have heard a very respected Imam telling them it was ok to take out student loans, because in Islam education is key and what they need to do to get an education trumps the prohibition on usury. I could have kissed that guy, he was brilliant and at a stroke I think he sent about half the room to university.

But there are plenty more who don't get that advice- or get different advice. I brought this up with our local MP but, unfortunately, she isn't in government so can't do much.

Islam-friendly student loans are long overdue.

Indeed, some interesting ones

Number 13 is a particular issue.

I have had loads of Muslim students who did take out student loans but a few who wouldn't for religious reasons. Many more were very concerned about it.

I have heard a very respected Imam telling them it was ok to take out student loans, because in Islam education is key and what they need to do to get an education trumps the prohibition on usury. I could have kissed that guy, he was brilliant and at a stroke I think he sent about half the room to university.

But there are plenty more who don't get that advice- or get different advice. I brought this up with our local MP but, unfortunately, she isn't in government so can't do much.

Islam-friendly student loans are long overdue.
Not 100% sure what they want with number 11 regarding public sector…

Probably the same as number 15, which is fair enough.
I have no problem with them reviewing the departments. I am just not 100% sure what they expect to find. I would actually be interested in both of those things so will be curious to see if it happens.

These are the 18 demands being made of Labour to "win back" Muslim voters.

View attachment 73086
I actually think about a dozen of these are fair enough and probably should be implemented by a Labour government anyway.

A couple more maybe negotiable. Another four or so are politically impossible or undesirable
nearly all of these should be automatically a part of labour’s programme on purely ethical grounds to be fair

We as a country & Labour as a party should not give credence to anyone’s imaginary friends, it’s really time we stopped believing in magic books.

These are the 18 demands being made of Labour to "win back" Muslim voters.

View attachment 73086
I actually think about a dozen of these are fair enough and probably should be implemented by a Labour government anyway.

A couple more maybe negotiable. Another four or so are politically impossible or undesirable
Don’t see condemnation of Hamas in that list especially talking about genocide. I see only about 3 I would accept out of that lot

Why should they be able to demand anything?

You lot actually agreeing that this is acceptable?

Which other religious group is making demands?
Jews have made plenty.

We rather bizarrely have an established state religion which is given a political representation in the house of Lords completely out of proportion to it's actual importance to people in this country.

We get chucked out of shops at 4pm on Sundays because of the influence of that religion.

In schools, it is still statutory to have a "daily act of collective worship". This is in all schools- largely ignored but it is something an Ofsted inspector can throw at a school should they so wish.

Faith schools of all religions and denominations are largely left to do whatever they want, and this government is bringing forward legislation to allow them to further discriminate on who they allow in.

I agree in principal that the people make the demands have no right to do so- for a start, these are demands in exchange for Muslim votes that these men cannot and will not deliver.

However, there are a few on there that would have wider benefits or at least do no harm.

Jews have made plenty.

We rather bizarrely have an established state religion which is given a political representation in the house of Lords completely out of proportion to it's actual importance to people in this country.

We get chucked out of shops at 4pm on Sundays because of the influence of that religion.

In schools, it is still statutory to have a "daily act of collective worship". This is in all schools- largely ignored but it is something an Ofsted inspector can throw at a school should they so wish.

Faith schools of all religions and denominations are largely left to do whatever they want, and this government is bringing forward legislation to allow them to further discriminate on who they allow in.

I agree in principal that the people make the demands have no right to do so- for a start, these are demands in exchange for Muslim votes that these men cannot and will not deliver.

However, there are a few on there that would have wider benefits or at least do no harm.
Some of the ‘demands’ are effectively what any Government should be doing anyway, for all faiths and cultures. Whether people like it or not Britain is a multicultural society and we need to be making sure that it is the strength that it should be.

Rather than saying ‘why should they be able to demand anything’, the first question should be ‘why are these demands being made’.

That is informative, thank you. I am not sure why you have to be on the voting register for a bus pass?

But a young person's rail or travel card also requires proof of passport. The options for young people are clearly deficient and do not compare with those for older voters.
Being on the voting register is proof of residence within the area that issues said bus pass.
I asked this question to my local council and that's the reply I received.

Some of the ‘demands’ are effectively what any Government should be doing anyway, for all faiths and cultures. Whether people like it or not Britain is a multicultural society and we need to be making sure that it is the strength that it should be.

Rather than saying ‘why should they be able to demand anything’, the first question should be ‘why are these demands being made’.
Absolute Tosh.
I can't say I'm surprised by your answer Bash, I would have predicted it.
Its this attitude that will result in the , UK "NOT" being a multicultural society in a few generations , it won't affect us though, we'll be long gone so keep on virtue signalling.

Absolute Tosh.
I can't say I'm surprised by your answer Bash, I would have predicted it.
It’s this attitude that will result in the , UK "NOT" being a multicultural society in a few generations , it won't affect us though, we'll be long gone so keep on virtue signalling.
And I am totally unsurprised by your answer. Comes straight from the 70s and is the sort of bullshit you get from IKIP and Britain first voters.

Care to explain how not making any compromises to other faiths and cultures is going to make us multicultural…?

And I am totally unsurprised by your answer. Comes straight from the 70s and is the sort of bullshit you get from IKIP and Britain first voters.

Care to explain how not making any compromises to other faiths and cultures is going to make us multicultural…?
No, I agree, if it was measured and fair to all.
But when one group constantly pushes and demands more that's when I say enough.
Not seen many Seikh groups making demands.

She’s on the bbc now saying how weak tiny rishi needs to change.

The hammer is going to really come down now as the Tory scum clobber the disabled, mentally ill & immigrants in a futile & nasty attempt to appeal to the Tory scum key demographic of racists & *****
thats the most shocking thing I think about it, irrespective of whether there is another party that warrant s thier vote or not, several million freaks still voted Tory. Im not joking, they really did! send them to rwanda :)

No, I agree, if it was measured and fair to all.
But when one group constantly pushes and demands more that's when I say enough.
Not seen many Seikh groups making demands.
A group can push and ‘demand’ whatever they like. Doesn’t mean they will get it but we should at least listen.

Here's my one demand - Hamas resign and leave. In return , Israel and the International Community will rebuild Palestine . All funds will go to improving people's lives instead of building tunnels

Thats all you need to do Hamas-free passage to Qatar and a few million will be yours if you do

Hamas attack was pure evil, but so is the Israeli response.

It's now genocide pure and simple. The equivalent of Nazi war crimes. Anyone who supports it is complicit.

And all this guff about people having to move here there and everywhere so they can take out Hamas leaders - duh!

They could take them out with a drone strike with minimal collateral damage.

This is one of the worst acts of revenge ever, mainly killing women and children, and we sit and watch and still sell them weapons.

A plague on both your houses, and a plague on those who smile and let it go on. Meanwhile, masked vigilantes attack and beat up protesters in America while the cops literally look the other way (at least they didn't join in!)

Sorry, the cops came in later and broke up the camp.

So it was all orchestrated.

And Biden mouthed platitudes which blamed the protesters. That movie 'Civil war' might not be so far off happening.