Heckingbottom confession | Vital Football

Heckingbottom confession

That’s not a good sign, having returned to work this week I’m back in contact with people who get to ‘hear things’ and it’s been said that wilders head had gone he was mentally drained and had nothing left to give so keeping in contact might not be the best thing to do although it does give credence to the rumour that he was told to take a rest and come back next season but from what’s been said I think that has been put to bed now

I'm still in touch with many who worked for me or I worked for but it doesn't mean I used their way of working when parting of the ways occurred.
However, in any new job, the way to make your mark, to show that there's been a change, is to change something to let everyone know the old regime has gone.
Hecky might only be temporary but, IF HE HAS ANY AMBITION, he's not showing it at SUFC.

CW has left not died. the last thing we needed is a tribute act.
If he thinks not rocking the boat will endear him to the new man then he's dafter than he's acting.
Show some balls - you'll more than likely be out of work soon anyway so at least show some spirit for your future employers to judge you by.

it does give credence to the rumour that he was told to take a rest and come back next season but from what’s been said I think that has been put to bed now
I can't see HRH saying what he said if that was the case Bully, unless you mean another club has said it to him??

Why wouldn't he keep in contact with a guy he has worked with met on the circuit as coaches and manager, don't you love a conspiracy theory. The Prince has put these people in place to see the season out, any blame lies at his door. If the Prince had any balls he would have replaced Wilder when we still had a chance of turning the season around but he bottled it. His next appointment will be interesting, hopefully he gets it right.

I can't see HRH saying what he said if that was the case Bully, unless you mean another club has said it to him??
No m8 the rumour was that that was put to him before he left but as I said after from what’s been said since it’s clear we have moved on

Hecky won’t change anything all the club is geared up to the system from top to bottom I would personally change it it’s not as if other formations and systems are totally alien to the players but from what I can gather the club is expecting it to carry on as normal which is as stupid as it is worrying, we need some flexibility cos what hasn’t worked all season is still not working, oh for a lightbulb moment 💡

If the system is in place throughout the entire club, that is a good thing

All teams at every level should be playing the same way making it easier to move into the first team

Barcelona B and the youth set ups don't hoof it or play a completely different style, they play to exactly the same format as the first team superstars, which is why they have a never ending conveyor belt of talent

It's how our system is implemented at first team level, that's the problem, players have been brought in that can't play the way we were doing, so injuries have left us without our normal game plan.

Changing a system or having a plan B should only ever be used in the last 30 minutes of games when things aren't going right, but the general style and formation should be constant.

It's how we got where we are, and changing it because we have brought in players who can't continue it is the reason we are going back.

I was under the impression we had a squad of 25 who trained together and were drilled in our system we have used under Wilder, so it's not a mystery to them. Bogle and Lowe were brought in to fit in that system, maybe the players brought in weren't good enough but that's a different argument.

If the system is in place throughout the entire club, that is a good thing

All teams at every level should be playing the same way making it easier to move into the first team

Barcelona B and the youth set ups don't hoof it or play a completely different style, they play to exactly the same format as the first team superstars, which is why they have a never ending conveyor belt of talent

It's how our system is implemented at first team level, that's the problem, players have been brought in that can't play the way we were doing, so injuries have left us without our normal game plan.

Changing a system or having a plan B should only ever be used in the last 30 minutes of games when things aren't going right, but the general style and formation should be constant.

It's how we got where we are, and changing it because we have brought in players who can't continue it is the reason we are going back.
We actually changed it before this season when we got to the prem we jettisoned the no10 which got us through the leagues and promoted to the prem most of us want to see this come back with didzy in there it doesn’t matter if we concede 5 we’ve done that anyway playing negatively

He seems to think there's nothing left to play for.

Not rocking the boat and safeguarding his U23s job is exactly what he's doing.

He needs removing right now, with someone replacing him who's willing to actually give it a go and maximise the rest of the season.

We've had a quarter of a season since CW left to start the new regime, to assess what we have, to formulate plans for some sort of promotion push next season.

We're wasting time treading water. piddling about like we're grateful to be there.

Next season won't be a bright new dawn, we'll be giving the new guy 'time' when we could have hit the ground running.

We've had a quarter of a season since CW left to start the new regime, to assess what we have, to formulate plans for some sort of promotion push next season.

We're wasting time treading water.

Next season won't be a bright new dawn, we'll be giving the new guy 'time' when we could have hit the ground running.
I think you should be our DOF if we were going to have one TT.UTB

I'd need an assistant Rod.

Do you know anyone:p

At least I'd be getting on with sorting out the mess not wallowing in it.
Well i'll take the risk of being accused of stalking him, SBT could be your diplomatic assistant mi owd pal.:whistle::giggle:UTB