Heckingbottom confession | Page 2 | Vital Football

Heckingbottom confession

Not breaking records, and preparing for next season.
We will always remember CW as the architect of the resurrecction.

The history books, being more concise, will have him as the man in charge of the 2nd worst PL team in history.

Not breaking records, and preparing for next season.

We have already broke records and probably will break some more whoever is in charge. I'm not privy to what remit the board have given Hecky may be you do, but preparing for next season I'm not sure how he can. Maybe you are suggesting the board should have installed the new manager already, or replaced Wilder earlier, but ultimately it comes back to boards slow reaction to what has happened this season.

We have already broke records and probably will break some more whoever is in charge. I'm not privy to what remit the board have given Hecky may be you do, but preparing for next season I'm not sure how he can. Maybe you are suggesting the board should have installed the new manager already, or replaced Wilder earlier, but ultimately it comes back to boards slow reaction to what has happened this season.
We should at least be playing the likes of Brewster regularly if as has been mentioned he is going to be one we build around,and as has been said by many what’s the point of playing lunny he won’t be here next season give the game time to someone that will,there is no substitute for playing in the premier league the experience could be invaluable to the younger players we are hoping will be our future
id rather us lose by 3 or 4 with players gaining experience (although I’m not so sure that would be the case) than 1-0 every week like this with players that aren’t going to be part of our future

We should at least be playing the likes of Brewster regularly if as has been mentioned he is going to be one we build around,and as has been said by many what’s the point of playing lunny he won’t be here next season give the game time to someone that will,there is no substitute for playing in the premier league the experience could be invaluable to the younger players we are hoping will be our future
id rather us lose by 3 or 4 with players gaining experience (although I’m not so sure that would be the case) than 1-0 every week like this with players that aren’t going to be part of our future

I've said for a while Brewster should play week in week out. If we don't play Lunny why play Ampadu he won't be here either. I'm all for introducing young players if they are good enough, it's a hell of jump from academy football to the Champs let alone the Prem. Will the new manager who's only remit will be promotion go with youngsters or experience answers on a postcard. The bottom line is the board watched this season unfold and didn't react until too late, then they installed Hecky and as far as I can see just asked him to complete our fixtures, i've read nothing else to say his remit was anything else.

Last edited:
I've said for a while Brewster should play week in week out. If we don't play Lunny why play Ampadu he won't be either. I'm all for introducing young players if they are good enough, it's a hell of jump from academy football to the Champs let alone the Prem. Will the new manager who's only remit will be promotion go with youngsters or experience answers on a postcard. The bottom line is the board watched this season unfold and didn't react until too late, then they installed Hecky and as far as I can see just asked him to complete our fixtures, i've read nothing else to say his remit was anything else.
I’d have sent ampadu back in jan

It's a really weird situation.
Covid.
Empty stadia.
A crazy injury list.
Small squad of quality players.
Poor recruitment.

Add to that an almost unsackable intransigent manager who was given unprecedented backing from the owner both financially and personally who it now seems simply reached the end of the line.

Yes he should have been sacked before Xmas but the reason(s) he wasn't are well known and on many levels to be admired.

We never do f u ck ups by halves and this is the mother of the lot.
The perfect storm.
The Swiss cheese model to end all Swiss cheese models.

I like to speak my mind TT - however can be very diplomatic when I need to be (which is rarely on here :p).

Think we could do a good job if called upon (y)
I always think a high profile culling is the way to make your mark Aya so it's curtains for Bettis!!

However there would be some continuity and agreement with the prince too-
I would also ban McC- but send him a framed £1coin!!!!!

I always think a high profile culling is the way to make your mark Aya so it's curtains for Bettis!!

However there would be some continuity and agreement with the prince too-
I would also ban McC- but send him a framed £1coin!!!!!

Start as you mean to go on TT (y)

That’s not a good sign, having returned to work this week I’m back in contact with people who get to ‘hear things’ and it’s been said that wilders head had gone he was mentally drained and had nothing left to give so keeping in contact might not be the best thing to do although it does give credence to the rumour that he was told to take a rest and come back next season but from what’s been said I think that has been put to bed now
Let’s hope so.

TBF to Heckingbottom he's probably the only caretaker ever to have made himself unemployable as a manager in such a short time.

Whilst they are not his team they are certainly in his image- spineless, gutless, and resistant to change.Like him the can't even spot an opportunity never mind having the guts to take it.

As JJBlade said on S2....... "even shit players raise their game at least once after a manager leaves....... but this lot got even worse."

Could only happen here.

Good work, 'Hecky'.