Haye V Bellew | Page 2 | Vital Football

Haye V Bellew

The Fear - 5/3/2017 22:59

Hard to say with respect and dignity bearing in mind the build up.

I think the post-fight hugs prove that the pre-fight buildup was all marketing.

You see it in McGregor's post-fight interviews too.

I guess two fighters competing on their merits doesn't sell.

Good fight I thought, pretty evenly matched. Age got the better of Haye towards the end, I thought he edged the first 3 or 4 rounds. Fair play to Bellew, hes a solid fighter with a good chin.

Just managed to watch it. Very low on quality. Thrilling stuff after the sixth round though. Depends which way you look at it. Bellew failing to finish a fighter who could barely walk or intelligence to keep away from any danger and see the fight out.

If you do your Achilles in you limp you don't stagger like your pissed from exhaustion.

SKEGGY - 6/3/2017 22:41

If you do your Achilles in you limp you don't stagger like your pissed from exhaustion.

Probably a bit of both. He was exhausted because he couldn't defend himself.

Bellew broke his right hand in the second round which for an orthodox fighter isn't the best thing.

The post fight love in made me sick, it really did.

I'm all for mutual respect, maybe a touch of gloves and even a quick hug, but did they really need to stand their for 30 minutes blowing smoke up each others arses? I actually thought at one point they were going to down trunks and start bumming each other.

What made it worse was the pre-fight hype. I know they have to do it to a certain extent to sell tickets but some of the things Haye was saying were pure evil. And then, post fight, having lost, he wants to bum him?

The whole thing was a disappointment and I'd never watch a fight containing either boxer again.

Circus

his leg kept giving out because his heal couldn't take his own bodyweight, so you would keep falling.

it was vomit inducing the love in. Bellew then came back out and was tossing all over Joshua... embarrassing.

Good fight I thought considering

Gotta Respect Haye for staying in there with 1 leg

Don't have much respect for Bellew for not being able to finish a wounded animal

8/10 for entertainment

I was really impressed with the Irish girl Taylor who fought before. Proper talent coming through the ranks

The Fear - 7/3/2017 12:50

his leg kept giving out because his heal couldn't take his own bodyweight, so you would keep falling.

You'd limp you'd not stagger to your corner as exhausted as the cleaners in Fear towers after a shift.

Bellew was obviously holding back the fact he told McGuigan jnr to stop the fight several times emphasises this.

I don't think you would Skeggy, my legs give way and I 'gimp' like that, looks like you are drunk and that the legs are giving way under you. Fine, mine is more extreme than an achilles injury but nevertheless.

Hey ho, not really bothered to be fair! lol

Yes but yours is due to the brain not sending signals to your legs mate. You can't compare your stumbling with Hayes mate. My legs give in and I do a John Travolta not a Rocky staggering back to the corner.

lol, yes, I would love a burst achilles as opposed to what I've had... so taken in a nice way! lol

:19:

But still honestly don't think, despite the heavyweight being a circus, he was faking anything, I thought he was winning so had no need to

Haye was brave to fight with a ruptured achillies. He's just had the op to re attach it. It's the same injury to what Benteke had.
The respect from Bellew came from Haye not giving up and coming forward. The respect from Haye came from being able to take his punches and being difficult to hit. Both are a credit to boxing.

Did you read Hayes post match comments? Sorry, you cannot go from that level of hate to that love in.

Pull the other one.

Respect at the end of a fight, yes... that though, was embarrassing.

It was a bit ott I agree but the shit talk sells fights. McGregor is the king of shit talk. It was a great fight and that's the main thing.