Havin a larf | Page 2 | Vital Football

Havin a larf

Or was it
a. A joke
b. A demonstration of how some people are far too sensitive for their own good or
c. Pointing out that ANY politics should be kept away from entertainment like football. It doesn’t need any further tribalising or we would be back in the 70s with Union Jacks being hijacked by the far right.

i will try to point out when I’m being ironic in the future just to avoid you having apoplexy

I don't know, that's why I asked.

If it was a), it wasn't particularly funny.

If it was b), I fail to see how it demonstrates this.

If it was c), I accept that's a viewpoint but it's not one I necessarily agree with. Nor do I see how anti-fascism could be considered as tribalism (surely the only people who disagree with anti-fascism are fascists or fascist sympathisers?). And I doubt very much that an anti-fascist presence at Gillingham (or any other football club for that matter) would be likely to encourage fascism or fascists.

Do you really think I'm being apoplectic here? Really?! How so?

I didn't detect or understand your "irony" and if you're going to be so very abstruse with it then perhaps it'd be better for all concerned if you do point it out for us in future.

U
I don't know, that's why I asked.

If it was a), it wasn't particularly funny.

If it was b), I fail to see how it demonstrates this.

If it was c), I accept that's a viewpoint but it's not one I necessarily agree with. Nor do I see how anti-fascism could be considered as tribalism (surely the only people who disagree with anti-fascism are fascists or fascist sympathisers?). And I doubt very much that an anti-fascist presence at Gillingham (or any other football club for that matter) would be likely to encourage fascism or fascists.

Do you really think I'm being apoplectic here? Really?! How so?

I didn't detect or understand your "irony" and if you're going to be so very abstruse with it then perhaps it'd be better for all concerned if you do point it out for us in future.
May still be wrong but i assumed his point c was his relevant comment:
c. Pointing out that ANY politics should be kept away from entertainment like football. It doesn’t need any further tribalising or we would be back in the 70s with Union Jacks being hijacked by the far right.

In the past my local had two bars, one for the residents of Bermondsey, the second was for the more classy inhabitants from Rotherhithe. With modernisation the segregation went with the dismantling of the dividing wall, we all now congenially drink together. Luckily, we don't have a Mr Angry as depicted in the wonderful video. Happy days.
I see that a pub i used to frequent in your neck of the woods is now called the Spit & Sawdust. Bit of a reversal from The Beehive, as I used to know it. Can`t say it was full of "classy inhabitants" when I frequented it, either !