Havin a larf | Vital Football

Havin a larf

I know a season ticket holder who had a spare ticket so went along with him yesterday in the CBL upper, middle block. Surprised to be sitting the whole time.

I’ve never heard the c..t word used so often in the spell of 90 minutes. It’s like they use it as a substitute for punctuation. I know I swear a lot but fuck me…

It’s funny the two times I’ve been in the home end that seat reservations aren’t guaranteed. Even where I was we sat in their usual seats surrounded by the other season ticket holders they’ve been sitting around for years, but you’ve got to get to your seat early to secure it.

“A lot of people don’t care about seat reservations and it’s Millwall, you don’t want the grief of trying to turf them out of your seats.”

The e-ticket turnstiles broke before kick off so the stadium was pretty empty even a few mins before kick off.

Didn’t see an ounce of trouble as Leeds fans have to use the cage and they still keep the lower tier shut. But hey, it’s apparently still a better away day than Gills.

That Leeds film is priceless! That was the section going nuts in the brilliant game (1999?) where we came back from two down. I was convinced our singing of “2-0 and you f*cked it up” was going to give at least one of them a coronary.

In the past my local had two bars, one for the residents of Bermondsey, the second was for the more classy inhabitants from Rotherhithe. With modernisation the segregation went with the dismantling of the dividing wall, we all now congenially drink together. Luckily, we don't have a Mr Angry as depicted in the wonderful video. Happy days.

But then in the interests of balance would we need some swastikas?

Wtf you talking about?

Why would you want swastikas?!

I'm assuming from your, "interests of balance", that you're relating swastikas with fascism/Nazism rather than with Hinduism (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm failing to grasp why on earth you would want to "balance" out a display of anti-fascist solidarity with one of fascist/Nazi sympathy or support??!!

Wtf you talking about?

I'm assuming from your, "interests of balance", that you're relating swastikas with fascism/Nazism rather than with Hinduism (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm failing to grasp why on earth you would want to "balance" out a display of anti-fascist solidarity with one of fascist/Nazi sympathy or support??!!
I think the Doc was implying there are some amongst our support that would be happier with swastikas, at least thats how i interpreted it.

I think the Doc was implying there are some amongst our support that would be happier with swastikas, at least thats how i interpreted it.

Well if there are they need to be fucked off not accommodated.

Though identifying them might not be so easy as I doubt they'd readily out themselves.

If there is anyone on here who would appreciate nazi iconography being associated with our club, please speak up now. Go on, I dare you.

Wtf you talking about?

Or was it
a. A joke
b. A demonstration of how some people are far too sensitive for their own good or
c. Pointing out that ANY politics should be kept away from entertainment like football. It doesn’t need any further tribalising or we would be back in the 70s with Union Jacks being hijacked by the far right.

i will try to point out when I’m being ironic in the future just to avoid you having apoplexy