Have we got a future million £ plus player in Ellis Chapman? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have we got a future million £ plus player in Ellis Chapman?

It's good to have a homegrown player to get behind like the old days e.g. Shane Nicholson, Matt Carbon, Huckerby.
I haven't seen him play yet . A question to those that have - what are his attributes?

How about we play the lad a few times and plan on him having a lincoln city career rather than trying to sell a 17 year old for a few pounds?

(But yes I think he could easily be a million pound player at some point in his career.)

We have a 19 man squad with at least one not available for the weekend, really cant see him going anywhere as we're going to need him.
He's started most of the friendlies too, he's going to feature quite a lot unless Danny has as a loanee lined up for central midfield berth.
I dont mean now i mean in the future sometime!

How about we play the lad a few times and plan on him having a lincoln city career rather than trying to sell a 17 year old for a few pounds?

(But yes I think he could easily be a million pound player at some point in his career.)
I dont mean sell him now i mean in the future!

Whether he makes the grade, and whether he stays with us if he does, will depend on how well we do. The better we do, the better the prospects for player and club alike. A teenager in an also-ran team and a teenager in a winning team are miles apart in terms of value and in the opportunities that are available to both. I am sure he will be played on the basis of merit and will grow and learn over the course of a season or three. Personally, I would rather see a Frecklington progression, than a Jack Hobbs one, but only time will tell.