Have we ever? | Vital Football

Have we ever?

Grabban is a striker with an instinctive ability to be in the right place at the right time. He then has amazing composure to slot it away. He doesn't hit the ball hard, but strokes it into the goal with a self assurance.

Not only that, for not such a big man (ok, he's 6ft), he can play on his own up front and hold the ball up excellently. I thought he did that today.

Wrap him in cotton wool........

I think Earnshaw was a better finisher but Grabban better positionally. Difficult to compare the two as they had different elements to their games.

No doubt about his ability to to be in the right place at the right time. He does the simple simply, no fuss or bother. Plays a very straight forward game of getting into the box and passing the ball into the net. And that is my question. I don't remember anyone else who could do that so effectively. I'm not old enough to remember joe baker's style of play ? But Ernie or David Johnson are the nearest I can think of?

Talking to some Ipswich fans ( and a Leicester fan strangely enough ) on the train & bus on way home .
Had some common friends with the Ipswich fans which turned out to be quite amusing , nice to have some light banter and chat with fans that actually go and watch their team anyway unlike a lot of lads i know who support the "big" sides but never bother.

Yeah..we have an old fashioned striker, a Lineker type, who anticipates rebounds and is quality in the penalty box.It's great being a Forest fan again with the side also having the likes of Lolley too running at the opposition.Good times.

Yeah..we have an old fashioned striker, a Lineker type, who anticipates rebounds and is quality in the penalty box.It's great being a Forest fan again with the side also having the likes of Lolley too running at the opposition.Good times.
Lolley didn't hit full tilt today but still almost scored a brilliant goal , if only he'd had a bit more venom in that shot after beating 2 or 3 players it would have been outstanding.

He is also a hard worker...falls back in midfield when needed nd also on the wings...the incident when he hit the bar yesterday was testament to that...he will be on the 20 mark by Christmas....some mire additions in January nd he will score over 30 this season...

Assuming you're just talking recent history?
Not really, I'm discounting the likes of Stan because he made his own goals much of the time. But I mean in terms of just being able to leave his marker and get in space at exactly the right moment, short diagonal runs to the right place and the composure to sidefoot into the unguarded part of the net.