Have we ever? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have we ever?

Lil nob (pmsl)
Your Nige
Teddy Sherringham
He might have got a load of shit off Baddiel & Skinner but Jason Lee could be in the right place at the right time.

I agree quality finisher and vital he stays fit, one thing to add a bit to his game is awareness of others. Twice yesterday a simple knock inside to carvalho and it was a simple tap in, but you can't have everything.

No doubt about his ability to to be in the right place at the right time. He does the simple simply, no fuss or bother. Plays a very straight forward game of getting into the box and passing the ball into the net. And that is my question. I don't remember anyone else who could do that so effectively. I'm not old enough to remember joe baker's style of play ? But Ernie or David Johnson are the nearest I can think of?

I was going to say Earnshaw.

Also, Britt - prior to his injury

I was going to say Earnshaw.

Also, Britt - prior to his injury
I agree that Earnie was a very similar type of player, but I think Grabbs is on track to surpass him. Time will tell, but the current stats show Grabban as closing in on 1 in 1 with nearly every goal a goal poachers classic (slipping his marker in the box to slot it home) while earnie scored slightly better than 1 in 3 with a larger percentage of his goals from outside the box or running in to it with the ball. (From memory?) And amazingly, Grabbs has already nearly scored half of earnie's total haul for Forest in just19 games.

I agree that Earnie was a very similar type of player, but I think Grabbs is on track to surpass him. Time will tell, but the current stats show Grabban as closing in on 1 in 1 with nearly every goal a goal poachers classic (slipping his marker in the box to slot it home) while earnie scored slightly better than 1 in 3 with a larger percentage of his goals from outside the box or running in to it with the ball. (From memory?) And amazingly, Grabbs has already nearly scored half of earnie's total haul for Forest in just19 games.

Hope he keeps this form, as it only bodes well for us but we do need a quality back up striker.

Murphy seems to be absent more often than not & I've not seen enough of Karim to make a judgement, he snatched at the chance to make it 3-0 when he had time but scoring that first goal can be the hardest - especially, when only getting a few minutes each game.

Hope he keeps this form, as it only bodes well for us but we do need a quality back up striker.

Murphy seems to be absent more often than not & I've not seen enough of Karim to make a judgement, he snatched at the chance to make it 3-0 when he had time but scoring that first goal can be the hardest - especially, when only getting a few minutes each game.

And some thought Grabban was a dud after 0 goals in his first 6 games.

He is also a hard worker...falls back in midfield when needed nd also on the wings...the incident when he hit the bar yesterday was testament to that...he will be on the 20 mark by Christmas....some mire additions in January nd he will score over 30 this season...

Only saying at the match on Saturday how many times he actually clears the ball from out of our penalty area when he's dropped back to help out when the opposition has a corner or a free kick.