Hartlepool,Torquay,Stockport or Notts county? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hartlepool,Torquay,Stockport or Notts county?

Sutton are also 123 years old. Sure they have no FL experience but doesn't mean they have no history. Or should you only be able to earn promotion to the FL if you've been there in the past?
Sutton have also had some really good cup runs.I wish them well when in London my train terminated at Sutton so I often look at their results with a tiny bit of interest.

I lived in Sutton briefly in the mid 1970's while working for Beecham Pharmaceuticals at Burgh Heath. Some good pubs as I remember

Today: Torquay United 4 - 2 Notts County - the Gulls move on to Ashton Gate next weekend where they will face either Stockport or Hartlepool Utd in the promotion Final.

Watched the game today - the goals scored by both teams were of high quality and it was an entertaining game. County`s Adam Chickson (remember him ? ) scored a belter from a tight angle to level the game at 2-2. Reminded me a little of the Derek Statham late winner for WBA at Priestfield in the early eighties.

Today: Torquay United 4 - 2 Notts County - the Gulls move on to Ashton Gate next weekend where they will face either Stockport or Hartlepool Utd in the promotion Final.

Watched the game today - the goals scored by both teams were of high quality and it was an entertaining game. County`s Adam Chickson (remember him ? ) scored a belter from a tight angle to level the game at 2-2. Reminded me a little of the Derek Statham late winner for WBA at Priestfield in the early eighties.
Sadly I can still vividly remember the Statham goal.

Today: Stockport County 0 - 1 Hartlepool Utd - Hartlepool advance to the Promotion Final v Torquay, to be played next Sunday at Ashton Gate, Brizzle.

Today`s game nowhere near as entertaining as the Torquay v Notts game. Both sets of players and even the Stockport crowd were clearly ultra nervous and it spoiled the spectacle.

Torquay United v Hartlepool United - one of this pair will be an EFL club this time next week.

Torquay for me for very obvious selfish reasons.
Maybe they get promoted in their first season.

Here a slightly strange one In March Torquay lost one nil at home to Hartlepool. Last October Torquay won five nil at Hartlepool.

Listening on Torquay radio. Sounds a good game, and the frustrations of the Torquay commentators add to the entertainment.

Listening on Torquay radio. Sounds a good game, and the frustrations of the Torquay commentators add to the entertainment.
I was listening to Tees as the goal went in and immediately switched to Devon to hear the reaction.

Brazillian keepers seem to the knack of scoring important goals in the 95th minute, first Alisson. now Lucas