Hartlepool,Torquay,Stockport or Notts county? | Vital Football

Hartlepool,Torquay,Stockport or Notts county?

chris who

Vital Champions League
Out of interest which ground team would you perfer to return to the football league. With the possibly we might need to visit it in the coming few years ?
I have only ever been to Notts county and would I think go for Torquay as it would may a nice trip on a summer's day or spring perhaps.

I sort of agree about Notts Co and their history but Stockport had a wonderful social club and I like to think the nearby Indian restaurant is still going and is still as good

Stockport for me. I have friends in the area, it's only an hour away and if it were to be a Tuesday night match I can work in Manchester and get there really easily.

But Notts County for its history or Hartlepool as its not too far either will also be good.

So not Torquay! Too bloody far!

Wish all of them were EFL clubs and not Salford, MK Dons, Sutton, FGR.
I understand MK Don's. I take it the others have spent more than their natural budget in which case can I add Manchester city and United plus Chelsea while you are at it.

Shame Bromley got knocked out in the quarter final, that would have been a fun away game. Where are all the southern based teams this year?
Probably Notts County to win, we were the ones who relegated them from league one into league two a few years back, so they would love to get one over on us at some stage I would think.
Big fan base as well, that day we relegated them they bought over 2,000 fans to Priestfield.

I have a soft spot for Torquay. Don't know why, especially as I remember them beating us 4 2 at home circa '68 and I think Tydeman made his debut that day.

Edit: just checked. Made his debut earlier away at Torquay. Did score in 4 2 home defeat

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for Torquay. Don't know why, especially as I remember them beating us 4 2 at home circa '68 and I think Tydeman made his debut that day.

Edit: just checked. Made his debut earlier away at Torquay. Did score in 4 2 home defeat

Gordon Riddick the other, I think.
I have a memory of Torquay with John Bond playing for them before he assumed the magic sponge for us.

Four really good teams in the Finals - been a while since (if ever) the contest was so even. Maybe Stockport to limp over the line as they`ve possibly had more recent investment than the others. Notts County is the better of the four grounds but Torquay away is a great trip. Think i`ll root for Hartlepool though as they`ve a really nice manager in Dave Challinor.

Sutton are also 123 years old. Sure they have no FL experience but doesn't mean they have no history. Or should you only be able to earn promotion to the FL if you've been there in the past?

Notts County's stadium is one that would suit us, if ever we get the readies together - so based on that fact alone, they would not be a disgrace to the FL. I will admit to having a weak spot for the fish heads and always have, probably because they, like us, are unfashionable yet have still managed at times, to box above their weight. I have nothing against Torquay or Stockport, this is just my own personal choice.

Forest Green Rovers were formed in 1889, so I would say they have a football history! Just because they didnt become a football league club until 2017 shouldnt make a bit of difference!