• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, it is not unjustified. I couldn't care less about the "Gentleman's Agreement", it is as you say, irrelevant. What it is is a lack of ability to execute in a timely manner.

Or conversely, if it's not going to happen, the lack of communication on that level is typical Levy.
Where's the failure to execute in a timely manner? If Spurs put a price on Kane and City refuse to pay that price - to date - what are the club supposed to do? It's down to City to make the next move.

No, it is not unjustified. I couldn't care less about the "Gentleman's Agreement", it is as you say, irrelevant. What it is is a lack of ability to execute in a timely manner.

Or conversely, if it's not going to happen, the lack of communication on that level is typical Levy.
Levy stated that he understands Kane’s frustrations but that he would do what was best for Spurs. I believe that says all that is required.
If we get a bid that matches our valuation then Harry will go but if not, he has a contract & will be kept.
I think it’s down to Harry to enter a transfer request whilst also getting his agent to try to entice city to increase their offer. Failure to do that will simply result in him remaining with us for at least another year.
I have zero sympathy for someone attempting to renege on a deal they have been handsomely rewarded for. The deal was struck for 6 years at £x per week, not 6 years at £x but he can leave at year 3.

Does anyone think there's really a gentlemans agreement? Or is it just an easy way of trying to make Levy look untrustworthy?

And if there is such an agreement what was it? "Anything over 100M and I can go?" sounds like something Levy would never agree to even if it was just a verbal thing as there's absolutely no upside to it. And if it was just a vague "a high enough offer comes in and I can go" then who's to say the agreement has been broken if City haven't made a 2nd offer after we rejected 100M?

Sounds like waffle attempting to win a PR war but just makes them look stupid.

Does anyone think there's really a gentlemans agreement? Or is it just an easy way of trying to make Levy look untrustworthy?

And if there is such an agreement what was it? "Anything over 100M and I can go?" sounds like something Levy would never agree to even if it was just a verbal thing as there's absolutely no upside to it. And if it was just a vague "a high enough offer comes in and I can go" then who's to say the agreement has been broken if City haven't made a 2nd offer after we rejected 100M?

I agree Charlie Kane is a first team amatuer. But the real deal is between Levy and City.

I believe there is. The gentlemen's agreement was that Harry would sign the long term deal to help THFC get top dollar for him at 27/28 years old, if the trophies hadn't come along. Otherwise, he could have stayed on the old deal and be worth a lot less now. t's not lost on me that Harry made the gesture by signing the long-term deal. He didn't need to, based on his own career plan.

Levy needs to be careful. He has already punished us fans enough by his mismanagement of the club in the last 3-4 years. He has created one mighty mess. It's all about what our squad looks like on Sep 1st for me. I'll judge Levy then.

Strangely enough, I'm starting to feel optimistic. We're on 2nd August and the shit has hit the fan with Harry. How is that not a good thing?

Afraid players, agents and clubs all have one agenda; to make money; exit plans are a well-established method for avoiding all this nonsense, but generally, British agents hate them and don't push them as it limits their earnings..

Harry is just showing that he's the same sort of professional player (business-wise) as everyone else.

His brother will never have another gold mine like Harry in his lifetime, so he has to maximise his own money earning opportunities now; his end of this deal could be as high as £5 mill.
Um is that generally called "lining ones nest" greedy bastard!.

I believe there is. The gentlemen's agreement was that Harry would sign the long term deal to help THFC get top dollar for him at 27/28 years old, if the trophies hadn't come along. Otherwise, he could have stayed on the old deal and be worth a lot less now. t's not lost on me that Harry made the gesture by signing the long-term deal. He didn't need to, based on his own career plan.

Levy needs to be careful. He has already punished us fans enough by his mismanagement of the club in the last 3-4 years. He has created one mighty mess. It's all about what our squad looks like on Sep 1st for me. I'll judge Levy then.

Strangely enough, I'm starting to feel optimistic. We're on 2nd August and the shit has hit the fan with Harry. How is that not a good thing?
Players are generally advised to sign any contract they get offered as you never know what is going to happen in the future and next think you know you are struggling to possibly even get a deal due to an injury or even a freak event such as with Eriksen.

On a separate note, I don't get the sudden change of tune in this thread. Why is any time there is a possibly negative story this summer it is put at the feet of Levy and if there's a positive one then it is Paratici. If Paratici is in control then he is the one that deals with the Kane transfer, not Levy.

As I said, I believe an agreement in principle has been in place for sometime.
So surely the club could pour cold water on the story? Today, for example, a simple statement that Kane isnt due back until tomorrow would be a starter.

Now, if he's not coming back because there is an agreement in place and he doesn't want to be risked, why the cloak and dagger approach? The word that keeps 'officially' coming from the club is that they are not selling Kane. All this adds fuel to the flames.

Whatever happens from this point on, I don't see how people can hold any affection for him after downing tools. I really don't understand the 'he has given his all for this club and we let him down' argument so many Spurs fans seem to have. He has given us some great memories, of course, but he wants out now and is fighting for it. I personally he doesn't win silverware with whoever he moves to.

His choice has always been simple. Stay a one club man and become legend forever, or move for the "easy" win and become just another decent player.

On a separate note, I don't get the sudden change of tune in this thread. Why is any time there is a possibly negative story this summer it is put at the feet of Levy and if there's a positive one then it is Paratici.

Because history tends to repeat itself.

Whatever happens from this point on, I don't see how people can hold any affection for him after downing tools. I really don't understand the 'he has given his all for this club and we let him down' argument so many Spurs fans seem to have. He has given us some great memories, of course, but he wants out now and is fighting for it. I personally he doesn't win silverware with whoever he moves to.

His choice has always been simple. Stay a one club man and become legend forever, or move for the "easy" win and become just another decent player.
One of our own turning bad! With you 100% on this!

In simple terms ....is Kane downing tools because of a gentleman's agreement whereby if a bid comes in above 100 mil he would be allowed to go if he wants to?

In simple terms ....is Kane downing tools because of a gentleman's agreement whereby if a bid comes in above 100 mil he would be allowed to go if he wants to?
I would imagine so yes. But with the issue being that Spurs & Kane had different ideas about what a reasonable offer would be...ie there was/is no agreement!

I don't understand why Kane wouldn't have just pushed to have a release clause in his contract if leaving was going to be so important to him. I know they aren't common in English football. Is that just a cultural thing or are there legal difficulties with them?