• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree with all of that muttley, at the same time I want this episode to be a lesson to Levy and I hope he's crying in his cornflakes every morning missing out on big money!

Hope he has more manageable price tags on future departures, having been forced to put up with Ade, Danny Rose, Late forced move for Sissoko and being stuck with a sulky Kane......all to the detriment of the team.

Which brings us back to the question of whether Levy has stepped away from football operations, and whether Fabio is both empowered and talented enough to manage it?

If the answer to both is no, then we'll continue to suffer. We're actually not far from fans boycotting games and the "Levy Out" banners appearing. No doubt Nuno will be the next in a long line to do Levy's hanging for him after another heinous crime.

:hang:

You'd have to be unbalanced to feel any pride in 'I was right' etc in seeing his play now.

The club is in serious trouble now, even if it doesn't yet know it.

As soon as it looked like we were not going to sell him...I knew we were screwed. This team needed a substantial overhaul and keeping Kane delays it...not to mention prevents us from bringing in another legit striker and of course his on the field play has degraded to the point of completely causing an imbalance in our shape.

You are right... we were in trouble...now we are in a SHITLOAD of trouble.

At this rate, we'll be begging City to buy him in January.

I haven't watched the recording yet, but did it showing him just shrugging again and standing still after Sonny shot and didn't pass to him in front of goal, he trudged back looked up at teh stand held his palms out and shrugged - I've no idea who he was looking at, but his body language throughout is poor now, nothing like it once was.

Son should have squared it kane had a tap in but son went for glory

February. I was saying it towards the end of Poch's reign. He came back from an injury and his press had disappeared. Poch knew it and altered the team to cope and that's why poch had such a poor last 18mths which were masked by the CL final. Poch is at one of the richest clubs in the world. If he rated Kane he would have made a move on him. He then had his game redesigned by JM to counter his issues. This has been 3 years in the making and he is not going to get better FOR SPURS. He will improve at a better club where they have a more balanced press from all the players, ie they dont hand possession back so easily (City) so have the energy to then press properly and fast when needed.

Spurs cannot afford passengers. He is a passenger, unless he scores and he isnt doing that anymore

They are all passengers this season

I see it only slightly differently.

Point 1. I said throughout the summer TW, please let him go and had him down as a cert departure, imo, as did Nuno. So the pre-season and the early games, the trio of Berg, Moura and Son was refreshing and good to the eye. There appeared also to be an improved cheerfulness and unity in the team. Return of Kane and injury to Berg put paid to the hope of our rebuild.

Secondly, as noted repeatedly on this forum, regardless of Kane's TW shenanigans, we should've brought in another striker, even an able understudy. Based on typical injuries through a season, we just don't have too many option up front.

I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, but right now I'd welcome for Kane to be out for 4 weeks. With a gutless manager, the changes need to be forced upon him. A KATEless team is how we started the season and I'd welcome it.

This is not just 1 gutless player and manager , this is an entire gutless team

Which brings us back to the question of whether Levy has stepped away from football operations, and whether Fabio is both empowered and talented enough to manage it?

If the answer to both is no, then we'll continue to suffer. We're actually not far from fans boycotting games and the "Levy Out" banners appearing. No doubt Nuno will be the next in a long line to do Levy's hanging for him after another heinous crime.

:hang:

The Levy and Enic out banners should have appeared years ago. 20 years of failure

As soon as it looked like we were not going to sell him...I knew we were screwed. This team needed a substantial overhaul and keeping Kane delays it...not to mention prevents us from bringing in another legit striker and of course his on the field play has degraded to the point of completely causing an imbalance in our shape.

And if they eventually sell kane, would you trust these clowns to bring in class players ,no they will piss the money up the wall like they usually do

I thought the same USA. When the Kate Jane deal did not materialize, I just knew he's sulk like Eriksen, but hoped he wouldn't. Starting a fresh was no longer an option.

It's not only him though. Nearly every player in our squad are not the right "fit" for what our Club needs to rise above this mess. We need more than a new manager to fix this disgrace.

There's universal agreement on that front!. Possible because of failure to move Kane?.... all depends what Levy promised him wrt budget.
It's not universal agreement CS!

I think Romero will be a great player for us. Royal is an upgrade on Doherty but the jury's out on what level he can get to. Gil is a good addition to the squad - as a minimum. Sarr, by all accounts is a gem. On the net spend that was available I think it was a sound, opening transfer window. Got rid of a lot of dross as well.

I think Romero will be a great player for us. Royal is an upgrade on Doherty but the jury's out on what level he can get to. Gil is a good addition to the squad - as a minimum. Sarr, by all accounts is a gem. On the net spend that was available I think it was a sound, opening transfer window. Got rid of a lot of dross as well.

So far there really isn't much evidence any signing was a sound one. I have hope Gil and Sarr will be. But they were bought in for the future not the here and now.

Romero has quality but no way does he look like a 50m CB.

Royal looks woeful to me. A pointless signing on current evidence.

This is one of the worst spurs teams I have seen in 20 years. Jol had a better 1st 11 than this in the mid 00's. The worry for me is I don't see us getting out of it any time soon.

Especially with Nuno at the helm.

Going forward we need a manager that has a positive and attacking aggressive philosophy.

Then we must sell Kane.

The club continues to make idiotic decisions and it looks like from Levy down we are being run by businessmen not football men.

The key point is....net spend available. Poch said he wouldn't sign players who didn't improve his first 11. Ultimately he may have downed tools leading to his dismissal because of the clubs refusal to pay for superior players.
Mourinho knew it before he took the job and fleeced Levy, Nuno may be doing the same.

So far there really isn't much evidence any signing was a sound one. I have hope Gil and Sarr will be. But they were bought in for the future not the here and now.

Romero has quality but no way does he look like a 50m CB.

Royal looks woeful to me. A pointless signing on current evidence.

This is one of the worst spurs teams I have seen in 20 years. Jol had a better 1st 11 than this in the mid 00's. The worry for me is I don't see us getting out of it any time soon.

Especially with Nuno at the helm.

Going forward we need a manager that has a positive and attacking aggressive philosophy.

Then we must sell Kane.

The club continues to make idiotic decisions and it looks like from Levy down we are being run by businessmen not football men.
What does a £50m CB look like these days? Wasn't Romero £43m? And that was what we paid for Sanchez 4 years ago.

Fair do Gary....apologies for a bit of a sweeping statement. However, the jury remains out for MANY posters/fans. At this stage most if not all of his signings are a potential and it wouldn't surprise me if Nuno has been instructed from above to integrate them immediately. Further, my biggest criticism of Fabio(?) is the selection and appointment of Nuno. Whoever made that decision does not inspire confidence moving forward.... and throw in, not recognising a need for a second striker.