• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we're now 13 games and 3 months into the season with 2 international breaks gone.

Simple question. Have we given Kane long enough to sort out his attitude and commitment to this project? Should we now be reducing his playing time to 60-65 mins or dropped to the bench altogether?

Everyone else is fit. We can easily put Son up top and use Bergwijn and Moura in the channels. We can switch from a number 9 to 3 mobile forwards. Alternatively, we can start using Dele, Gio and Tanguy with Son and let the full-backs provide the width.

My opinion is that unless every player is 100% committed to this project then they don't have a role. Simple.

muttley, 3 simple questions there....answer for all of them....YES! YES! YES!

As for playing Son, Bergs and Moura another resounding YES! lets be honest it cannot be any worse than how it is at the mo! in fact we might even discover a mobile front line that works like the L'Pool 3, not as good of course! but who knows.

We might even see our Spurs back! with all the players happily playing along with the plan.

Give all the above a go Nuno, if you have the bollox you might be pleasantly surprised!

So we're now 13 games and 3 months into the season with 2 international breaks gone.

Simple question. Have we given Kane long enough to sort out his attitude and commitment to this project? Should we now be reducing his playing time to 60-65 mins or dropped to the bench altogether?

Everyone else is fit. We can easily put Son up top and use Bergwijn and Moura in the channels. We can switch from a number 9 to 3 mobile forwards. Alternatively, we can start using Dele, Gio and Tanguy with Son and let the full-backs provide the width.

My opinion is that unless every player is 100% committed to this project then they don't have a role. Simple.
I do agree with you and I called it wrong with Kane. I thought after a few games - for so many reasons - that he would get his head down and commit to the team. At least until the season end.

He seems to be in such a deep malaise that I don't know if he could play himself out of it even if he wanted to. It doesn't help that he doesn't accept there is even a problem. And he gives the impression that he doesn't care anyway (about what anyone else says or thinks). He seems to be living in a bubble.

But it does need shaking up. I'd be happy with any of those formulations you suggest.

Kane is now everything I feared he would become if we didn't sell him.

This season will become a write-off whilst he's playing like this, that said, Sonny since his new deal is looking almost worse (if that's possible)!

Last edited:

At this rate, we'll be begging City to buy him in January.

I haven't watched the recording yet, but did it showing him just shrugging again and standing still after Sonny shot and didn't pass to him in front of goal, he trudged back looked up at teh stand held his palms out and shrugged - I've no idea who he was looking at, but his body language throughout is poor now, nothing like it once was.

He was poor but still our most dangerous player. He did put some decent passes forward. Should have scored with the header. But the lack of effort and I'm to good for this attitude is really pissing me off.

His reaction to the goal was shocking. Nobody at the club has the guts to go to town on his sorry ass. Bunch of bottle jobs.

He was poor but still our most dangerous player. He did put some decent passes forward. Should have scored with the header. But the lack of effort and I'm to good for this attitude is really pissing me off.

His reaction to the goal was shocking. Nobody at the club has the guts to go to town on his sorry ass. Bunch of bottle jobs.
I can only remember one decent forward pass that he made yesterday. It's quite noticeable that his touch on the ball is going now. Misplaced passes. Dispossessed easily. Poor ball control. His game is disintegrating.

At this rate, we'll be begging City to buy him in January.

I haven't watched the recording yet, but did it showing him just shrugging again and standing still after Sonny shot and didn't pass to him in front of goal, he trudged back looked up at teh stand held his palms out and shrugged - I've no idea who he was looking at, but his body language throughout is poor now, nothing like it once was.

I would be sending Kane to a psychologist. He would know that he is going because he has developed a Narcissistic Personality Disorder over time. Whatever set of circumstances has led to this, the way he interviews and acts on then pitch puts him that category.

Only Kane coming out of his own denial will fix this, and his team mates shouldn't become the collateral damage on his personal journey. They are already mimicking him by only passively pressing when in pre-season and in the first few games they were really aggressively shutting down. We can lift a cloud on all of them by dropping Kane.

I would be sending Kane to a psychologist. He would know that he is going because he has developed a Narcissistic Personality Disorder over time. Whatever set of circumstances has led to this, the way he interviews and acts on then pitch puts him that category.

Only Kane coming out of his own denial will fix this, and his team mates shouldn't become the collateral damage on his personal journey. They are already mimicking him by only passively pressing when in pre-season and in the first few games they were really aggressively shutting down. We can lift a cloud on all of them by dropping Kane.
muttley so simple an answer there...."we can lift a cloud on all of them by dropping Kane" if we can all see that why not the rest? I do not need the the true answer to that, cos I already know it.

You'd have to be unbalanced to fill any pride in 'I was right' etc in seeing his play now.

The club is in serious trouble now, even if it doesn't yet know it.

Yep, I haven't looked back but I probably started on Kane in about Feb after returning from his late Jan injury. I was just told that Kane is always slow coming back but knew it was different this time. I'm glad the Spurs fans on here saw it eventually, some only this season. The unbiased England fans got it straight away during the Euro's.

The media narrative hasn't helped either. So late to the game, and THFC need them constantly on his back. He did take it a little bit personally after being subbed by England. We got a small improvement for one game before he reverted back.

We simply have to drop him now.

Yep, I haven't looked back but I probably started on Kane in about Feb after returning from his late Jan injury. I was just told that Kane is always slow coming back but knew it was different this time. I'm glad the Spurs fans on here saw it eventually, some only this season. The unbiased England fans got it straight away during the Euro's.

The media narrative hasn't helped either. So late to the game, and THFC need them constantly on his back. He did take it a little bit personally after being subbed by England. We got a small improvement for one game before he reverted back.

muttley...have to and actually do are two different things, has Nuno the balls to?

I dont care when it is in the season. The minute a player cant at least put 100% in then get him off that pitch. Look at how Liverpool took advantage of better players than ours because the Man Utd players didnt feel like giving 100%. Its a crime and it filters down into everyone else on the pitch.

February. I was saying it towards the end of Poch's reign. He came back from an injury and his press had disappeared. Poch knew it and altered the team to cope and that's why poch had such a poor last 18mths which were masked by the CL final. Poch is at one of the richest clubs in the world. If he rated Kane he would have made a move on him. He then had his game redesigned by JM to counter his issues. This has been 3 years in the making and he is not going to get better FOR SPURS. He will improve at a better club where they have a more balanced press from all the players, ie they dont hand possession back so easily (City) so have the energy to then press properly and fast when needed.

Spurs cannot afford passengers. He is a passenger, unless he scores and he isnt doing that anymore

Kane is now everything I feared he would become if we didn't sell him.

This season will become a write-off whilst he's playing like this, that said, Sonny since his new deal is looking almost worse (if that's possible)!

I see it only slightly differently.

Point 1. I said throughout the summer TW, please let him go and had him down as a cert departure, imo, as did Nuno. So the pre-season and the early games, the trio of Berg, Moura and Son was refreshing and good to the eye. There appeared also to be an improved cheerfulness and unity in the team. Return of Kane and injury to Berg put paid to the hope of our rebuild.

Secondly, as noted repeatedly on this forum, regardless of Kane's TW shenanigans, we should've brought in another striker, even an able understudy. Based on typical injuries through a season, we just don't have too many option up front.

I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, but right now I'd welcome for Kane to be out for 4 weeks. With a gutless manager, the changes need to be forced upon him. A KATEless team is how we started the season and I'd welcome it.

I see it only slightly differently.

Point 1. I said throughout the summer TW, please let him go and had him down as a cert departure, imo, as did Nuno. So the pre-season and the early games, the trio of Berg, Moura and Son was refreshing and good to the eye. There appeared also to be an improved cheerfulness and unity in the team. Return of Kane and injury to Berg put paid to the hope of our rebuild.

Secondly, as noted repeatedly on this forum, regardless of Kane's TW shenanigans, we should've brought in another striker, even an able understudy. Based on typical injuries through a season, we just don't have too many option up front.

I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, but right now I'd welcome for Kane to be out for 4 weeks. With a gutless manager, the changes need to be forced upon him. A KATEless team is how we started the season and I'd welcome it.

I'm still in the camp that I want Harry to correct Harry. Nobody else can. If he doesn't want to, then it's a very easy decision and it is not necessarily about selling him.

Let him sit around for 3 seasons and be the best paid player to never kick a ball. Let him be the modern Winston Bogarde, and let him miss out on all those records he is chasing. Let's see if Southgate is true to his word about not playing for England if you're not playing for your club.

Football needs one landmark case on player and agent power. I'm willing to let my club be the good guy in helping make a big change. It's a good time to do it as we're not winning anything anyway for 3 years.

We'd have forgotten about Harry in a few months anyway if we buy a striker in January.

I'm still in the camp that I want Harry to correct Harry. Nobody else can. If he doesn't want to, then it's a very easy decision and it is not necessarily about selling him.

Let him sit around for 3 seasons and be the best paid player to never kick a ball. Let him be the modern Winston Bogarde, and let him miss out on all those records he is chasing. Let's see if Southgate is true to his word about not playing for England if you're not playing for your club.

Football needs one landmark case on player and agent power. I'm willing to let my club be the good guy in helping make a big change. It's a good time to do it as we're not winning anything anyway for 3 years.

We'd have forgotten about Harry in a few months anyway if we buy a striker in January.
Agree with all of that muttley, at the same time I want this episode to be a lesson to Levy and I hope he's crying in his cornflakes every morning missing out on big money!

Hope he has more manageable price tags on future departures, having been forced to put up with Ade, Danny Rose, Late forced move for Sissoko and being stuck with a sulky Kane......all to the detriment of the team.