Harry K turns up the heat.. | Vital Football

Harry K turns up the heat..

Spursex

Alert Team
Harry Kane: 'We're not a young inexperienced team anymore' ...

In the Independent newspaper yesterday, Kane said the time has now come to deliver silverware:

“We’re a team that has made huge strides in a short amount of time and the only way to continue that is to start winning things,” commented Kane, adding, “we’re not young anymore”.

Our average age is now 26, we are also a team packed with full internationals..

“We’re getting to an age where we’re that bit more experienced and we want to win. We want to win at everything we do. We’ve just got to try to do that,” said Harry

And then do I detect a hint of impatience now?

You have to wonder what will happen if we have another fruitless season....would his dedication to the club weaken?

“When you have a team that has known each other for that long, you know how each other plays and, off the pitch, you know how to keep everyone up for it,” .

Last edited:
Sorry Harry, older and more experienced does not necessarily equate to moving up a level or two. Individual players need to up their games as does Poch on the tactical front. LB, CM and a goal scoring AM are all areas that need improvement to move to the next level. It remains to be seen if that is possible with this squad.

It's difficult, but when you go through our squad - you have to ask; what have they personally ever won?

Does it matter?

Not all players can go from cup succes to cup success or even winning a league - at any level, some of the greatest never have.

So where do we expect a winning mentality and the exprience that comes with it to come from ?

Hugo? Is that even relevant now?

Kane is implying that the strength of the squad, the average age and experience of playing together means that we need to win something this season. That is what he seems to be saying, but is that totally what he's thinking?

Let's remember he signed his contract before the World Cup and was followed by Sanchez, Son, Lamela, Winks and a couple of emerging players. He knows that there is too many senior players that haven't followed suit (yet?) by showing their commitment to the club.

Either way, he's only working with the information he has and, like us, must think that this is our last season with this current group to hit the heights. If I were Kane, that would make me a little disenfranchised in the bigger picture. Wouldn't make a single bit of difference for any match or training session though.

If we don't freshen up the dressing room with new, highly driven players the club will lose momentum.

Lamela is extremely driven. Hopefully Lucas is too. Having them both in the dressing room is already going to freshen things a bit.

The question is - do you need to have experienced winning silverware to be able to do so? What had Leicester's individuals won before they won the league?

With experience should come consistence of performance, All the ex Ajax players have won titles. Toby also won La Liga with A.M. although I'm not too sure how much he played

Aurier won league with PSG more than once also, plus cups. Also AFCON I think?

Moura has also won other bits in Brazil and with the national team it seems.

Hugo won a cup in France as well as the world cup. We're not completely bereft of silverware, but we all know that certain silverware is much more relevant than others - Hugo probably only player with real major honours.

Kane is a very driven individual. He will not stick around to long if we are not winning anything.

We have a great team, its time they delivered.

Glad he has said this. I was spitting blood every time someone would say "we have a young team, we need more experience".

Bollocks to that. The time has come.

IMO this is the last season this team stays together. Unless we win PL or CL.

Glad he has said this. I was spitting blood every time someone would say "we have a young team, we need more experience".

Bollocks to that. The time has come.

IMO this is the last season this team stays together. Unless we win PL or CL.

RD,

delivered what?

IMHO we have absolutely no hope of winning the league or the CL - so what are you expecting?

RD,

delivered what?

IMHO we have absolutely no hope of winning the league or the CL - so what are you expecting?

Someone should bet Ex that we are going to win the league. What odds are you going to give Ex?

RD,

delivered what?

Really?! NO chance??! Wow man, that's pretty sad actually. None??

Not me.

I think we have a good fair shot at every trophy we are competing for this season. Citeh won't get 100pts or score 100 goals this season, any more than Leicester will be challenging for the title again this year. Manure, Goons, and Chelski are all in some form of disarray, rebuilding, or general turmoil, and we (and Citeh) are the only club that looks steady heading in.

I'm excited to see how this new "brave" squad/transfer tactic goes down. I have a sneaking suspicion that, not only will we see our results better for it (Retaining the key payers, building pitch chemistry, and not having to bed-in and deal with 7 or 8 new unfamiliar players). Maybe, just maybe, this will be looked upon as a ground breaking moment, and others will choose to build in this fashion. It makes some logical sense, whereas the rate of turnover at some clubs belies normal reason.

My bold prediction, we WILL win an English Cup of some sort this season, we WILL make it to the CL Quarters AT LEAST, and we WILL be batling for the league title down to the last day.

If our next wave of young players (Amos, Onomah, Georgiou, Skipp, Sterling, ?Edwards fer-fekes-sake?) are truly up for it, it puts us in a new competitive level that we've not seen for a long time. If ever.

The only thing we're missing now are the 10-15 odd almost-senior players we have out on loan all over the continent. :grinning:

We've heard it from Kane, Poch, and others, winning things is what they now feel they need to do. Actually truly believing it's possible might be kinda new too.

I don't know if we have a realistic chance of winning the league, but if we amass around 85+ points then that would certainly be a successful league season for me.
We also have a reasonable shot at making QF and beyond in CL

Not me.

I think we have a good fair shot at every trophy we are competing for this season. Citeh won't get 100pts or score 100 goals this season

What makes you think City aren't going to carry on as they were?

Not me.

I think we have a good fair shot at every trophy we are competing for this season. Citeh won't get 100pts or score 100 goals this season, any more than Leicester will be challenging for the title again this year. Manure, Goons, and Chelski are all in some form of disarray, rebuilding, or general turmoil, and we (and Citeh) are the only club that looks steady heading in.

I'm excited to see how this new "brave" squad/transfer tactic goes down. I have a sneaking suspicion that, not only will we see our results better for it (Retaining the key payers, building pitch chemistry, and not having to bed-in and deal with 7 or 8 new unfamiliar players). Maybe, just maybe, this will be looked upon as a ground breaking moment, and others will choose to build in this fashion. It makes some logical sense, whereas the rate of turnover at some clubs belies normal reason.

My bold prediction, we WILL win an English Cup of some sort this season, we WILL make it to the CL Quarters AT LEAST, and we WILL be batling for the league title down to the last day.

If our next wave of young players (Amos, Onomah, Georgiou, Skipp, Sterling, ?Edwards fer-fekes-sake?) are truly up for it, it puts us in a new competitive level that we've not seen for a long time. If ever.

The only thing we're missing now are the 10-15 odd almost-senior players we have out on loan all over the continent. :grinning:

We've heard it from Kane, Poch, and others, winning things is what they now feel they need to do. Actually truly believing it's possible might be kinda new too.

Like you, I can see a Cup win - unless Poch is forced to prioritize the PL again...

But beyond that I think it's football fantasy to believe we can close the gap and overtake ManCity : just how many points did they win the Premier League by - and they've strengthened further, whereas we .....

As for the Champions league, we'd have to have a very lucky draw and at some stage have to beat the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Bayern and so on and so on - none of them are easy/walk overs as some imply when they talk about us winning the CL...

I'd love to believe one or either is a real possibility - but I think as of now, Real Deal has been on some waccy baccy or something similar to believe we can....

I don't know if we have a realistic chance of winning the league, but if we amass around 85+ points then that would certainly be a successful league season for me.
We also have a reasonable shot at making QF and beyond in CL

To win the league, we have to make up 24 points on ManC......

Seriously, hands up who actually thinks we can do that?