Harry K turns up the heat.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harry K turns up the heat..

To win the league, we have to make up 24 points on ManC......

Seriously, hands up who actually thinks we can do that?
That's why I've set a points target, if we can consistantly hit around 85pts sooner or later we will win the league.
I can't see Pep staying past the end of the season if his track record is anything to go by.

Lamela is extremely driven. Hopefully Lucas is too. Having them both in the dressing room is already going to freshen things a bit.

The question is - do you need to have experienced winning silverware to be able to do so? What had Leicester's individuals won before they won the league?

Leicester had Mahrez with remarkable stats of 18 goals and 16 assists that season. Vardy scored a bundle as well. We have Lamela by comparison playing in a dominant & better team returning a pathetic 5 goals that season. Yeah, Lamela is driven but he doesn’t have the quality or presence to match.

oh look Rich responded to a post about Lamela:cautious:

This wasn't about return. It was about locker room presence of driven individuals.

I remember when Danny Rose gave an interview saying he expressed doubts about them making top 4, Lamela told him they'd win the league. Regardless of whether he bags 18 goals or not "take no prisoners" attitude is contagious.

As you seem so sure, I'll give you 10-1

we're 20-1 with some bookies lol

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we'll win the league. We've had stretches of real consistency - but whilst I think we're capable of extending that, we'd also need City to have a couple more crises. KDB injury is a good start but still think they'd finish on 90+ points at present and I'd be surprised if we do.

oh look Rich responded to a post about Lamela:cautious:

This wasn't about return. It was about locker room presence of driven individuals.

You posed the question seeking an answer I provided it, but instead of appreciation, your response is immature patronizing. Typical. Championships are won on the pitch with quality, Lamela doesn’t have.

You didn't answer my question at all. You just used it as yet another excuse to rag on a player everyone has known your opinion on for ages.

My question was, do you need to have experienced winning major silverware to win major silverware?

We’ve won 2 out of 2, let’s make it 3 out of 3 by beating Man U and see where that’s takes us. Don’t let confidence run away with us. If we win more games, let’s keep our concentration and focus fully on each game. Maybe winning bigger and getting trophies is about using the players that do that rather than players that are flash and flair. Steady, solid games is what we need. A 1-0 rather than a 2-1 says more, it says ‘we don’t let goals in and keep clean sheets’.

we're 20-1 with some bookies lol

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we'll win the league. We've had stretches of real consistency - but whilst I think we're capable of extending that, we'd also need City to have a couple more crises. KDB injury is a good start but still think they'd finish on 90+ points at present and I'd be surprised if we do.

Decided it's not fair to challenge Ex to bet against his team.

Well I would like to think...this is why we play the game...but I agree Ex it is a tough ask.

One game at a time though, much can change with injuries, etc...

Yeah, 24pts on their finish LAST SEASON, which isn't this one anymore btw.

Most Prem home wins 18
Most Prem away wins 16
Most consecutive Prem wins 18
Most consecutive Prem away wins 11
Most Prem goals in a season 106
Best Prem goal diff in a season +79
Most pts in a Prem season 100

So, to answer your question, who thinks they can better Citeh from last season? Nobody. Because that was an All Time Record Breaking season, the likes of which not to be seen again. Then the question begs, can CITEH do that again? No. No they can't. It was a season for the ages.

If they DO do that all again, well then they deserve to be called one of the greatest of all time. But it is soooooo unlikely, and history will be a better judge of what'll happen this year. And that says we have every chance to challenge for the Prem title, if we get our pts total up around 90ish. Which I beleive is very doable.

Will we challenge for all those records Citeh set last season? Nope. But it doesn't matter because no one will, and at the end, we will be there battling it out in the final days.

Citeh will finish 3rd.

:smoke:

Most Prem home wins 18
Most Prem away wins 16

So, to answer your question, who thinks they can better Citeh from last season? Nobody. Because that was an All Time Record Breaking season, the likes of which not to be seen again. Then the question begs, can CITEH do that again? No. No they can't. It was a season for the ages.

If they DO do that all again, well then they deserve to be called one of the greatest of all time. But it is soooooo unlikely, and history will be a better judge of what'll happen this year. And that says we have every chance to challenge for the Prem title, if we get our pts total up around 90ish. Which I beleive is very doable.

Will we challenge for all those records Citeh set last season? Nope. But it doesn't matter because no one will, and at the end, we will be there battling it out in the final days.

Citeh will finish 3rd.

I tend to agree with you but Citeh are already averaging their 4 goals a game. Hope that gets shut down soon.

RD,

delivered what?

IMHO we have absolutely no hope of winning the league or the CL - so what are you expecting?

We won't win anything major.

But our manager and best player are getting a tad annoyed with not winning anything.

I would take a cup, any cup and a 4th placed spot right now.

Most Prem home wins 18
Most Prem away wins 16

Citeh will finish 3rd.

Love the optimism :thumbup:

Despite all the discussion. I did say we've got a shout if we can stay in touch with City. And I think we have as good a chance as any.

Especially when I saw us transition, in game, from 3 at the back to 4 at the back so seamlessly. It was a thing of beauty.

Like you, I can see a Cup win - unless Poch is forced to prioritize the PL again...

But beyond that I think it's football fantasy to believe we can close the gap and overtake ManCity : just how many points did they win the Premier League by - and they've strengthened further, whereas we .....

As for the Champions league, we'd have to have a very lucky draw and at some stage have to beat the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Bayern and so on and so on - none of them are easy/walk overs as some imply when they talk about us winning the CL...

I'd love to believe one or either is a real possibility - but I think as of now, Real Deal has been on some waccy baccy or something similar to believe we can....

Haven't had the old waccy baccy for 15 years.

I did get so smashed last Friday night though on all sorts of alcohol and I am still feeling the pain now.

Still trained clients the following day though. :sick:

Despite all the discussion. I did say we've got a shout if we can stay in touch with City. And I think we have as good a chance as any.

Especially when I saw us transition, in game, from 3 at the back to 4 at the back so seamlessly. It was a thing of beauty.

Our first 11 is still at least the second best in the league. Our bench is pretty tasty. If everyone stays fit and is on form, then who knows.

But I'm not expecting anything, even if our players and managers want to win trophies.

IF we beat them home and away this year then the twenty three points difference comes down to eleven .
Which is a whole different ball game .
They will miss KDB and the goalkeeper situation could go against them . So I'm going to put my hand in the air again and say " I believe we can do it " :punk: < that's me with my hand in the air :lol:

We won't win anything major.

But our manager and best player are getting a tad annoyed with not winning anything.

I would take a cup, any cup and a 4th placed spot right now.

I'd rip anyone's hands off for a Top 4 and piece of silverware this season.

I strongly suspect that we still don't have the the strength in depth to manage to achieve it - but I guess much - if not everything could depend on buying PL ready players in Jan...