Happy Birthday.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Happy Birthday....

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
Thanks LSB2. As I said, I knew it had gone but not walked/driven past there for probably about 5 years.

Those photos are depressing. I remember that back yard very well from when I was a nipper. The mad old Italian chef once chased me out of the kitchen and into that yard whilst brandishing a huge kitchen knife!

I'm told that it's the pub that brought pub-rock to the Medway Towns.

I enjoyed going to give there, especially after games. Don't ask me to name any bands or who was in there though... lol Up to only a couple of years ago, there where still a couple of pubs that had rock bands playing. Whether they'll be any rock pubs in Gillingham after all this, I doubt it ☹️

I enjoyed going to give there, especially after games. Don't ask me to name any bands or who was in there though... lol Up to only a couple of years ago, there where still a couple of pubs that had rock bands playing. Whether they'll be any rock pubs in Gillingham after all this, I doubt it ☹️

Yeah, I doubt it too mate. And not just in Medway.

I'm actually considering trying to organise a collective who, after the pandemic ends, try to keep alive pub culture and live music by squatting empty pubs (still legal so long as you don't sleep in the residential quarters) and opening them up to the public. People can bring their own drinks and we'll convince some bands to come along and play. Watch this space...

I'm actually considering trying to organise a collective who, after the pandemic ends, try to keep alive pub culture and live music by squatting empty pubs (still legal so long as you don't sleep in the residential quarters) and opening them up to the public. People can bring their own drinks and we'll convince some bands to come along and play. Watch this space...

Let me know when you're in a pub in Medway, and hopefully I can join in. Please don't smash up the bogs though lol

Let me know when you're in a pub in Medway, and hopefully I can join in. Please don't smash up the bogs though lol

Will do. Or better still, just Do It Yourself.

Once lived in a squat where some bright spark had daubed the wall above the crapper with, "Smash the Systern". Think they must have heard it somewhere and thought it funny. Shame they couldn't spell!

Incidentally, it's not usually the squatters who sash up the bogs. This is often done as an anti-squatter tactic. In the pre-criminal residential squatting days you'd often find that council owned property that was left empty had had the toilets and the sinks smashed up. It was intended to deter us from squatting the place.

Will do. Or better still, just Do It Yourself.

Once lived in a squat where some bright spark had daubed the wall above the crapper with, "Smash the Systern". Think they must have heard it somewhere and thought it funny. Shame they couldn't spell!

lol
I like the comfort of my own bed!
Its the state cistern we need to smash!

What a thought ! Worthy of a new thread really: "What should we call Buddha`s pub ?

Maybe , the "No Bar-Inn" - where everybody`s welcome to enjoy an entirely free house.

Other suggestions .please ..?????

What a thought ! Worthy of a new thread really: "What should we call Buddha`s pub ?

Maybe , the "No Bar-Inn" - where everybody`s welcome to enjoy an entirely free house.

Other suggestions .please ..?????

It'd be a proper fucking Free House, lol!

Apologies, "It'd be a proper Free House", just didn't sound emphatic enough!

I`m not offended by bad language, Bud. But I think that you could be ahead of the game by utilising the soundbite "Jolly well" . It has a noble tone and its comeback is beginning to trend on mass-media. I read it myself, yesterday, in an online version of Anorak Monthly.