Hangovers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hangovers

2 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 eggs, chips, beans, 3 rounds of toast, couple of cups of tea and a packet of custard creams. Might not be a cure but it'll make you feel better!

I thought id posted a similar comment to the one that Rex posted earlier but I must have pressed reply rather than submit and it's gone but in a nutshell it's as Rex posted.

Water.

It works and was something I always did from when I first went on the hoy years ago. Drinking a couple of pints of water before bed guarantees a calmer day.

nufc_carl88 - 12/10/2013 21:28

Haven't had a big weekend for a while but next weekend seeing paul van dyk at digital till 4am then need to be back on it in a bar by 11 to watch us v the bindippers. See if I can still hack it!

Same here. Got a blood test next week to gets drivers licence back so staying off the drink until then. I've got guest list tickets for PVD though on Friday night. Haven't seen him since Cream Ibiza, 2009.

Tomato juice and worcester sauce midway through your drinking session,Good settler and liner, plus plenty of nibbles, crisps etc that is rather than women.
Agree drinking plenty of water before bed and through the night. The downside is 50 visits to the loo for a pee.

I just turned 29 a couple of months ago and I have to admit over the last couple of years my hangovers have tended to be much more severe, always found that if I have a few glasses of water just before bed it certainly takes the edge off the next morning, can honestly say I have never shit or pissed the bed, have been in some states over the years though, my most recent was courtesy of a corporate box at the footy through work a couple of months ago, was free piss and food and managed to do a real number on myself, spewed on the train home, wasn't much love from the Mrs when she picked me up from the train station at around midnight, I could barely walk and had spew all down my jacket, I apparently tried to blame the food in the box for my spewing on the train, she wasnt buying it lol and fuck was I crook the next day

You lot ain't drinking enough, drink more and you'll build up a tolerance.
Big greasy fry up the following morning usually sorts you out.

Just had a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich and I have some Bulmers chilling in the fridge for the afternoon session.

First trip away to spain with my mates, heard all the stories of getting shorts, but with no ice, so you got more.

After a few san miguels, and quite a few shorts, I was spackered.

Helped back to bed in hotel, woke up with undies full of shite.

Also farted, followed through and skidmarked the bed in Barcelona for CL.

Officemonkey - 13/10/2013 02:27

nufc_carl88 - 12/10/2013 21:28

Haven't had a big weekend for a while but next weekend seeing paul van dyk at digital till 4am then need to be back on it in a bar by 11 to watch us v the bindippers. See if I can still hack it!

Same here. Got a blood test next week to gets drivers licence back so staying off the drink until then. I've got guest list tickets for PVD though
on Friday night. Haven't seen him since Cream Ibiza, 2009.

Aye should be class. My first big event like this, listened to a few of his sets on YouTube and can't wait now.

Went to magaluf 07, we were sat round a table daring my mate to down allsorts for a few euro. When we left a while later we realised he wasn't with us anymore. We reckoned he had gone back to the room as he was hammered and we carried on. When we got back about 5am he wasn't there. 7am came we were just ready to go looking for him when he staggered in legless bollock naked covered in shite.

Safely say I've never laughed as much. He'd apparently been drinking with a load of Swedish all night and shit himself that bad he had to throw away his clothes and didn't have a clue where he was and obviously couldn't get a taxi in that mess. He still gets griefed for it to this day

Bruce68 - 12/10/2013 18:47

A glass of pure orange juice at the end of the night helps to prevent the dreaded hangover.

I tried that loads of times. I think mixing the juice with copious amounts of vodka is where I went wrong.

I get different hangovers, it depends on what I drink. If I stick to beer I get horrendous headaches. If I hit the vodka I get less of a headache but terrible sickness and bouts of shaking and paranoia for quite a few days.

There was a big group of us that went away drinking for a weekend at a festival a few years back, one of the fellas that was with us always manages to destroy himself, tbf to the bloke though I have never seen anyone knock back as much piss as this bloke, I actually wonder how he is still alive, anyways, on this particular occasion he was that pissed he walked through a big puddle and lost one of his shoes on the mud, everyone knew this but didnt tell him, the stupid bastard spent the next few hours walking around asking if anyone had seen his shoe, no one let on and the next morning sure enough he is still asking, one of the fellas told him that he was so pissed last night that he through it in the camp fire, so without a moments hesitation he takes off the other shoe and tosses that in the fire, everyone pissed themselves laughing and then went and fetched his lost shoe from the mud, lol the stupid **** had to go shoeless for the rest of the weekend

it hasn't happened for a few years but after a couple of experiences, I always resolved to get home at night and sleep in my own bed, however much my head was spinning.

There were a few times in my youth when I had a skinfull only to wake up in a park and find out that some bastard had thrown up all over me.

Rexn - 13/10/2013 23:00

it hasn't happened for a few years but after a couple of experiences, I always resolved to get home at night and sleep in my own bed, however much my head was spinning.

There were a few times in my youth when I had a skinfull only to wake up in a park and find out that some bastard had thrown up all over me.

When I was about 18, I woke up in a farmers field once after a night doon the toon.

I wouldn't mind but me white jeans covered in cow shite took some explaining to me mother the next day.

We might have done the same thing to the same cow. It wasn't the blonde barmaid from the North Terrace was it?