Hakeeb Departs | Page 3 | Vital Football

Hakeeb Departs

From memory the full extent of the injuries was revealed prior to the Carlisle game on Sept 16th, not long after Recco got injured.
I guess we might have known or suspected things not yet in the public domain, but don't know!

Has others have said he got well paid for doing his job as a professional footballer.
We had little choice but to play him due to the injury crisis but I don't think he was really effective apart from a couple of matches. This is a good bit of business by the club and hopefully frees up some cash to bring others in.
Can't fault his attitude this season I will give him that. But a few years down the line I will only remember him for his totally ineffective long looping throw ins that normally led to the opposition coming away with the ball on a counter attack.
Good luck to him at Doncaster but he has been a very expensive flop for us.

Good luck to Hakeeb, just didn’t seem to fit into a starting role at City, unless we were desperately depleted. He needs to play games and further his career.

Think is part of a trio of Nlundulu. Bramall and Adelakun supported through agents Panthera Sports. Hopefully we had a reasonable return from those players. You do wonder what they have made out of the various deals.

Hakeeb is quoted by the Doncaster Free Press as saying he just wants to ‘get back to the attacking football that lets me be creative and express myself’

Can I just add a smidgeon of balance to all the comments about his "professionalism"? This is a player who left the field of play while a competitive game was ongoing to have a drink of water, unsurprisingly losing the player he was meant to be marking in the process, and gifting the opposition a goal scoring opportunity.

No doubt about his attitude/effort this season, of course, but he started very much from a 'debit' position for me. Probably not difficult to see why a couple of managers were not that enamoured of him.

Having said that, good luck to Hakeeb for the future.

I am not defending Haks for the water bottle incident as he totally switched off, which he does have a habit of doing.

But was it right to exclude a highly paid player that the recruitment team had actively pursued as a marquee signing, and leave him out for just about the rest of the season because of that?

Imagine if we did the same with Danny following his two moments of madness this season.

You may be right Mike. But imagine if any of us did similar in a highly paid job? (I know it's pretty pointless comparing real world jobs with football, it exists in it's own bubble)

It also makes me wonder what he was like in training, if that was his attitude in a match.

Anyway, leave it there, he appears to have improved his attitude considerably given this season's unexpected recall.

Although in all fairness, it turned out he wasn't actually very good here so the water bottle incident almost becomes a moot point. It certainly didn't help, but it didn't work out here full stop.