Hakeeb Departs | Vital Football

Hakeeb Departs

Heard about this earlier and was also told Ali Smith to Colchester so will see if that comes true as well.

Even if they’re only paying 50% of his weekly wage, this is a good deal for all concerned.

Not sure it necessarily means there is a winger/forward coming in.

It’s a big wage (or a fraction of) off the bill that helps to balance the books a little bit.

McCann says Haks can add pace and power, though not entirely sure those statements fit what we saw here most of the time. I guess he watched a fair bit of him whilst he played for Scunny when probably he was in his best form.

Sounds like Haks was one of our higher earners so it looks like a good move for all parties, esp if we have been trying to get him fixed up elsewhere for a while.

All the best Haks, fingers crossed he can get himself a contract at Donny or elsewhere because he needs to be playing regularly and by all accounts he is a really decent guy.

Heard about this earlier and was also told Ali Smith to Colchester so will see if that comes true as well.
Hmmm - I think letting Smith go would be a mistake. Looked brilliant in pre-season. Hasn’t had regular minutes.

Hmmm - I think letting Smith go would be a mistake. Looked brilliant in pre-season. Hasn’t had regular minutes.
Was sceptical when told but the Adelukun part was true so maybe the smith part will be.

I am not a fan of Smith and would be happy for him to move on Either temporarily or permanently.

Perhaps some time away might boost his confidence if only a loan (if it’s true of course).

Was sceptical when told but the Adelukun part was true so maybe the smith part will be.

I am not a fan of Smith and would be happy for him to move on Either temporarily or permanently.

Perhaps some time away might boost his confidence if only a loan (if it’s true of course).
Smith may fit with what Skubala mentioned a week or so ago about outgoings on loan, for bench players that need game time. I imagine a lot of people thought Jovon at the time but the 'statement' was plural and fits Smith's circumstances.

Something in the region of 50% of Hak and Smith wages should = a decent wage for at least one loan in areas more needed.

Good luck to Haks, it's a perfect move.
SMith, I think there's something there, so if he does depart hopefully it's a loan,

Smith may fit with what Skubala mentioned a week or so ago about outgoings on loan, for bench players that need game time. I imagine a lot of people thought Jovon at the time but the 'statement' was plural and fits Smith's circumstances.

Something in the region of 50% of Hak and Smith wages should = a decent wage for at least one loan in areas more needed.

I’d have had Duffy in that category too up until a couple of weeks ago (not me though, been hopelessly underused)

Jaden Brown too

It may sound a little selfish, but if we loan Smith out we'd only be a Bishop injury of being pretty short in midfield unless we have someone else coming in of course.

Good luck to the bloke, Donny in Div 2 may suite him, helped us out of a hole this season when options were very limited, respect him how he apparently handled himself off the pitch.