Guitarists | Page 4 | Vital Football

Guitarists

Pallas were the best of that 80s wave of prog bands.

Doubt either of those two know it though. Too happy to toe the party line.

Au contraire! I had 2 of their albums and I'm pretty sure Sincilbanks saw them live.

Remember TV getting quite a reception at Monsters of Rock at Donnington, I think it was, although after all those years it may have been somewhere else. He committed the cardinal sin of trying to stop the bottle fights that were raging all around. The punters were having none of that. I seem to remember he paid quite a high personal price for his silliness.

Oh, and Van Der Graaf Generator.

GoBC probably hasn't heard of any of these with his Pallas orthodoxy. 🤣

TV on the Radio. Great stuff on a Friday night. When Rock music really was Rock music. If ever I was on Room 101 my whinge would be how everything is called Rock music these days even, God forbid, the Birdy Song! My favourite Rock song of all time is Freebird. An absolute Rock classic. Spent many a happy hour head banging to it at Trilbys. GoBC, you are playing with fire dissing Marillion with SincilBanks and Knotty! I admire your courage.

if Marillion are going to get a mention, then I'll throw in Robin Boult.
Linked with them and a bunch of others including my old mate.
First saw Robin 35 years or so back.

Pallas were the best of that 80s wave of prog bands.

Doubt either of those two know it though. Too happy to toe the party line.
Ha ha saw Pallas in The Sub(marine) on Cleethorpes front. In the downstairs room that had space for about a hundred.

Only problem was, I don't think they adjusted the volume for the size of venue. The bass player had us pinned to the wall every time he walked his instrument.