Group H For EFL Trophy | Page 3 | Vital Football

Group H For EFL Trophy

Glancing at the Echo article, I see its Nicky Butt who is in charge of the Man Utd team in this.
I thought he was one the Salford City owners though? If so how can he be allowed to take part at all ??

Butt is head of the academy there not the U23 manager who is someone called Neil Wood, assisted by former player Quinton Fortune

Whilst the group is going to be damned difficult to get out off, it will all depend on DC approach to the competition.

DRFC and RUFC will also have to consider playing squad players - lots of games in first three months!.

IF DC takes a view the EFL is an opportunity then I believe we can do well.

Can see three decent sized crowds for these three and possibility of a sold out SB for Man Utd U21 visit.

Whilst the group is going to be damned difficult to get out off, it will all depend on DC approach to the competition.

DRFC and RUFC will also have to consider playing squad players - lots of games in first three months!.

IF DC takes a view the EFL is an opportunity then I believe we can do well.

Can see three decent sized crowds for these three and possibility of a sold out SB for Man Utd U21 visit.

Certainly a good chance to make some decent extra cash. And agree about the crowds. Rotherham or Donny should bring a decent number (as will we at theirs whichever way around the fixtures are) and I think all three of us will get a boosted attendance for the ManU team.
If we can get past this hard group, another good cup run is in the offing !

Hopefully charge top whack for non members/ST holders who just want to see Manchester United play.

Actually a "big name" opponent is always a chance to attract new fans to come along for the first time. All those Lincoln kids who wear Man U shirts can come (with parents too) and see us beat Man U and realise there's actually a proper league club to support in Lincoln .
And some of them will end up new Lincoln fans and come again.
We all started somewhere...all had a very first game.

Actually a "big name" opponent is always a chance to attract new fans to come along for the first time. All those Lincoln kids who wear Man U shirts can come (with parents too) and see us beat Man U and realise there's actually a proper league club to support in Lincoln .
And some of them will end up new Lincoln fans and come again.
We all started somewhere...all had a very first game.
I'd still make the most of it. Issue a voucher/double ticket with another game like Fleetwood, try and sell that out too.

Ooh yeah this one will sell out then.

I hope they keep ticket prices the same for everyone as normal. No need to price discriminate and deter fans.

I agree. I'd go £10 for adult and keep it ultra cheap for kids. You get them turning up (with parents), sell loads of catering, and maybe gain a bunch of new Imps for life.

We should be flattered that the Great Ones have stooped low enough to play us. Liverpool and Manchester United both rejected an invitation to compete for the three previous seasons.

Perhaps they have seen some sort of community light. Cynics might suggest there is something in it for them, noticing a certain volte-face as they belatedly entered the W"S"L.

Incidentally, I am scornful of any sporting competition that styles itself "Super".