Group H For EFL Trophy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Group H For EFL Trophy

Listening to the guff on the radio the only interesting aspect is the use of the word PLACED rather than DRAWN for the non invited clubs which confirms what was previously said about our part of the draw

ManYoo have decent players in Gomes, Chong & Greenwood at that level .... should be a good test in front of a packed SB I’d imagine?

Last edited by a moderator:
i can see your point to a degree, we have played Mansfield twice... but we haven't played doncaster or rotherham in this competition have we?

Wasn't referring to ourselves as such, as we've only just got back into this competition.
But if we hadn't had the six years in the wilderness, then we would have been meeting the same teams at least every other year. Others will have faced the repeat draws a lot.

That over-age rule looks backwards to me...you might have expected it to say two over 21s who have not played more than 40 games.
As it stands a 21 year old who has played once for the first team is ineligible but a 30 year old with 400 appearances can play!

EFL cannot have meant that to be the rule and have maybe left the "not" word out by mistake.

Glancing at the Echo article, I see its Nicky Butt who is in charge of the Man Utd team in this.
I thought he was one the Salford City owners though? If so how can he be allowed to take part at all ??