Grantham Town | Page 2 | Vital Football

Grantham Town

Watched them play Shaw Lane this season at home - losing 1-0 at h/t - brought Jordan Hempenstall on at h/t up front with Lee Shaw and between them they changed the game and they won 3-1 - hope they make it to National League North - can watch the likes of York City and Stockport County

Without Grimsby and Scunthorpe Grantham would be the second largest. The top 5 are Lincoln, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Grantham and then Boston. Grantham and Boston switched places at the last census.

Yep, that was my point. 2nd largest in the administrative region of Lincolnshire.

I have frequently has debates with my dearest other half about how Scunthorpe and Grimsby are, in fact, in Lincolnshire. She insists that they are not, being in North Lincolnshire and North-east Lincolnshire respectively. I inform her that these are merely administrative regions and that they have no historical or geographical standing.

We disagree on the start-date of the seasons, as well. :lol:

Someone once said to me that Lincolnshire is bounded on the East by the North Sea, in the South by the Wash, in the West by the Trent, and in the North by the Humber. So Scunthorpe and Grimsby must be in Lincolnshire!!

Yep, that was my point. 2nd largest in the administrative region of Lincolnshire.

I have frequently has debates with my dearest other half about how Scunthorpe and Grimsby are, in fact, in Lincolnshire. She insists that they are not, being in North Lincolnshire and North-east Lincolnshire respectively. I inform her that these are merely administrative regions and that they have no historical or geographical standing.

We disagree on the start-date of the seasons, as well. :lol:

To those of us who were around before they starting messing with administrative boundaries in 1974, Scunthorpe and Grimsby will always be in Lincolnshire. Similarly, Liverpool is in Lancashire etc.

One of Grantham's players, Lee Shaw, has been selected to attend the week long Jamie Vardy V9 Academy training camp at Man City, designed to put non-league players in the "shop window". Apparently it's a week long, they get coaching and various other advice, and play a number of games at which scouts from around the country attend

Without Grimsby and Scunthorpe Grantham would be the second largest. The top 5 are Lincoln, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Grantham and then Boston. Grantham and Boston switched places at the last census.
That rampant immigration of hoards of eastern Europeans flooding over here can't have made that much impact then.

Yes obviously Grimsby and Scunny are Lincolnshire!!
Councils may come and go (and MY county council when i was born was Kesteven...)
But the various councils are just admin areas within Lincolnshire.