Good Morning Thread | Page 316 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all . It was a bit of a dull, but very warm ,morning yesterday . Not a bit of breeze , nothing .
Perfect day for cleaning windows , I was told .
I tried the old selective deafness routine , but failed badly .
So , around lunchtime, armed with a variety of weapons and paraphernalia off I went window cleaning .

I was waiting for the inevitable, and I wasn’t let down .

“ you’re gunna make it rain doing that “…….

Bloke opposite, He never lets me down …

Always wants me to do his car when I’m washing mine ,
“You can do mine next , if you like “

He is a weird one , one of a few round here , …. he is older than me , which makes him a rarity , and is always smiling when he talks to you .
I don’t think it’s a true smile , he just looks like he is smiling .

He has an outfit for every occasion .
It always involves a hat .
He has a winter walking to the corner shop outfit ,….. and a summer walking to the corner shop outfit .
Not the same clothes , but the same style .

Long Crombie style overcoat and black Trilby in winter , and beige Harrington style jacket with with a beige flat cap in summer ,

His gardening outfit is a blue boiler suit and one of those hats that steam train drivers used to wear , matching colour .

His painting outfit , when he touches up his fences with his green fence paint , is a white boiler suit with a white flat cap .

When he is sweeping up his drive , it’s a short sleeve V neck jumper and a grandad style shirt , grey flat cap , with denim jeans , and black hobnails .
Always the same . Weird . …….
We never see her . ……….Not a lot anyway . ……They are a throwback to the fifties .
Harmless though .

Anyhow , he told me I would make it rain , washing the windows and he was right . ………. Clever git .
Pissed down all afternoon .
Saved me going to the allotment though .

He didn’t tell me that .

at least the inside of the windows are clean .

hope you are all staying safe . . Take care , look after each other
Very funny, as always Walt. You should get yourself a column in a mag.

Sounds like a great trip to see your grand children and daughters. Jealous that you guys can watch the Euro's. Can't even get highlights here unless I sign up to Optus. The conditions of this are I must have at least three mobile phones, internet etc with Optus. With this I get EPL etc. I did have it years ago but when they screwed up the last World Cup with zero coverage, I gave them the arse.

You think your Pollies are bad?!?!
I've never seen such an unethical clueless bunch of back stabbing cockroaches in all my life in both Labor and Liberal Govts.

Don't get me started on the Greens!
Great advert for a health minister , unbelievable . I think he also caught Covid at one time . ?
I know Boris did . Wouldn’t trust one of them for a second , not one of them .
Our new Health Minister told us yesterday we are still in a pandemic and he is going to get us out of it !!! It’s going to be the first thing he does ……… Apparently!!!!
Kin idiots , the lot of them , well paid idiots to boot .

We start our fourth alcohol ban in fifteen months down here in SA, starting today. The third wave Delta variant has really taken off big time here, but as usual because we have an economy that is already in tatters, the government are between a rock and a hard place. We need a virtual total lock down with certainly a complete shut down on cross provincial travel, shopping restrictions and compulsory working from home other than essential services. It worked once, but the country can't afford it anymore.
It doesn't help that only four percent of the population have had any vaccination, maybe we could employ Matt Hancock to speed up our vaccination process. My wife and I are fortunate insofar as living in a retirement village we have had our first jab, with the second due next week. Looking at the national scenario though,
the outlook looks bleak, we've had one short window in the last fifteen months where we were able to spend time with our kids/grandkids in Johannesburg, but I begin to despair as to when we'll get to visit our kids/grandkids in the UK, or they us. Think that we will be on Boris's red list for ever and a day.

We start our fourth alcohol ban in fifteen months down here in SA, starting today. The third wave Delta variant has really taken off big time here, but as usual because we have an economy that is already in tatters, the government are between a rock and a hard place. We need a virtual total lock down with certainly a complete shut down on cross provincial travel, shopping restrictions and compulsory working from home other than essential services. It worked once, but the country can't afford it anymore.
It doesn't help that only four percent of the population have had any vaccination, maybe we could employ Matt Hancock to speed up our vaccination process. My wife and I are fortunate insofar as living in a retirement village we have had our first jab, with the second due next week. Looking at the national scenario though,
the outlook looks bleak, we've had one short window in the last fifteen months where we were able to spend time with our kids/grandkids in Johannesburg, but I begin to despair as to when we'll get to visit our kids/grandkids in the UK, or they us. Think that we will be on Boris's red list for ever and a day.

Sounds like Ontario bar the vaccination rate.

Afternoon all, weaver down ere very changeable, sunny, cloudy, rain and back again.

Now just had a great chat with my oppo in the QA, him who had Covid and was in a coma for a number of months, he was very chirpy n chatty but a bit pissed off with the local authorities, esp his Housing Association, he told me of good and not so good news, regards the HA and medical.

It appears behind where he currently lives, 5 min walk away, there is a whole block of new build flats, bad news = been standing empty for a number of months, good news = been offered a ground floor occupancy, one bedroomed all open plan, which fits well with the poor medical news he got, as in when going outside the flat he must be in a wheelchair as the Covid has fcuked up, his words, his legs, with it being open plan he can get around if he needs to use the wheelchair indoors.

His missus is hopefully going to view the flat shortly, so as to accept and start their moving in, he is hoping it gets done pretty quickly, because the QA medics have said they have to get him out, and if it takes to long to get the flat he is going into an old folks rest home in Turk Town for now, so not to happy about that, thus his fingers crossed the Housing Association get their fingers out of their arses.

Next bit of news medically, very good, having been on Dialasis, Liver n Kidney probs Covid again the cause, for 3 times a week, his medics informed him it is now reduced to 2 times a week as there has been an incredible/visible improvement in both his Kidney's and Liver, thumbs up there mate.

So good and some bad news for him, but must admit it was great to hear him so chipper.

All for now peops, keep smiling, heads up and more importantly look after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Afternoon all, weaver down ere very changeable, sunny, cloudy, rain and back again.

Now just had a great chat with my oppo in the QA, him who had Covid and was in a coma for a number of months, he was very chirpy n chatty but a bit pissed off with the local authorities, esp his Housing Association, he told me of good and not so good news, regards the HA and medical.

It appears behind where he currently lives, 5 min walk away, there is a whole block of new build flats, bad news = been standing empty for a number of months, good news = been offered a ground floor occupancy, one bedroomed all open plan, which fits well with the poor medical news he got, as in when going outside the flat he must be in a wheelchair as the Covid has fcuked up, his words, his legs, with it being open plan he can get around if he needs to use the wheelchair indoors.

His missus is hopefully going to view the flat shortly, so as to accept and start their moving in, he is hoping it gets done pretty quickly, because the QA medics have said they have to get him out, and if it takes to long to get the flat he is going into an old folks rest home in Turk Town for now, so not to happy about that, thus his fingers crossed the Housing Association get their fingers out of their arses.

Next bit of news medically, very good, having been on Dialasis, Liver n Kidney probs Covid again the cause, for 3 times a week, his medics informed him it is now reduced to 2 times a week as there has been an incredible/visible improvement in both his Kidney's and Liver, thumbs up there mate.

So good and some bad news for him, but must admit it was great to hear him so chipper.

All for now peops, keep smiling, heads up and more importantly look after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

I have tolerated this too long now.

It's Wevver not Weaver.

When I was a young lad My Nan brought me up most days because Mum and Dad both worked full time .
One day I asked if she had any Bread n Buhher pudding left .
She said “‘Walt ,,, it s butter , not buhher .”
So I said , “well , have you got any bread n buhher pudding or not “

with a heavy sigh , she said “ Walt , ( I was always called Walt ) say Butter “……..” buhher” ….” No ! Butter “ …… so in the end I said “ butter “

She said “‘that’s behher ! “

good old cockney chat ,

So, in Queensland, a state 7 times the size of the UK, we have 3 active new cases of CV.
The State Premier announced late yesterday that as from 1am Tuesday, masks are mandatory for 2 weeks, together with many other restrictions. Sydney and Perth are in total lockdown, and I bet London to a brick that Queensland will announce a total lockdown this morning (Tuesday 29th June) as 3 cases is just too many!!!
At the cost of 140 million dollars per day, (short term cost, not allowing for businesses that will go to the wall...again) this is just ridiculous. Hell, our Federal Govt has just announced today that all aged care workers must have at least their 1st vax before Sept!!!! WTF. This should've happened last year FFS.

Now, the AZ vax was initially for everyone, then they said NO, it's just for the over 50's. Then they said NO. Just for the over 60's. Now they're saying fuck it, everyone can go get the damn thing.
Talk about making shit up as they go along.

Oh Australia looks good as their numbers are low and only one death this year, nobody on a respirator. But f**k me, behind the scenes we are a basket case and way behind the rest of the world, delaying the inevitable. This zero cases crap is absolute BS.

Let's all take a leaf out of Singapore's book.

We need to stop reporting the number of positive cases. Treat this thing like the influenza A virus and only, if we have to, report and concentrate on those venerable, and those in ICU, of which we have none.

When they announce the Brisbane Lockdown this morning, my wife's business will stand to lose many thousands of dollars, and our 14 staff will have zero income. Think about the effect of what this will have on their families....all because of 3 cases, and none of them serious FFS!

So, in Queensland, a state 7 times the size of the UK, we have 3 active new cases of CV.
The State Premier announced late yesterday that as from 1am Tuesday, masks are mandatory for 2 weeks, together with many other restrictions. Sydney and Perth are in total lockdown, and I bet London to a brick that Queensland will announce a total lockdown this morning (Tuesday 29th June) as 3 cases is just too many!!!
At the cost of 140 million dollars per day, (short term cost, not allowing for businesses that will go to the wall...again) this is just ridiculous. Hell, our Federal Govt has just announced today that all aged care workers must have at least their 1st vax before Sept!!!! WTF. This should've happened last year FFS.

Now, the AZ vax was initially for everyone, then they said NO, it's just for the over 50's. Then they said NO. Just for the over 60's. Now they're saying fuck it, everyone can go get the damn thing.
Talk about making shit up as they go along.

Oh Australia looks good as their numbers are low and only one death this year, nobody on a respirator. But f**k me, behind the scenes we are a basket case and way behind the rest of the world, delaying the inevitable. This zero cases crap is absolute BS.

Let's all take a leaf out of Singapore's book.

We need to stop reporting the number of positive cases. Treat this thing like the influenza A virus and only, if we have to, report and concentrate on those venerable, and those in ICU, of which we have none.

When they announce the Brisbane Lockdown this morning, my wife's business will stand to lose many thousands of dollars, and our 14 staff will have zero income. Think about the effect of what this will have on their families....all because of 3 cases, and none of them serious FFS!
Good morning Hod, sorry not being sarcastic there, but bloody hell it almost sound like hell down your way, overreactions etc.

A very good post there, but keep your chin up and look after your kin, with love from the muvver land mate.

When I was a young lad My Nan brought me up most days because Mum and Dad both worked full time .
One day I asked if she had any Bread n Buhher pudding left .
She said “‘Walt ,,, it s butter , not buhher .”
So I said , “well , have you got any bread n buhher pudding or not “

with a heavy sigh , she said “ Walt , ( I was always called Walt ) say Butter “……..” buhher” ….” No ! Butter “ …… so in the end I said “ butter “

She said “‘that’s behher ! “

good old cockney chat ,
Good morning Walt, love the lingo works, aint you noticed darn this way, Bozzam or Bosham, Cozzam or Cosham, think its how high ya nose is the air lol!

I remember my kids asking for free things, meaning three, me spell three, and it went on, think this sort of lingo interpretation happens all over our country.
Even wassup, um do you means "what's up" lol!

Off now chat later all, keep safe n sound, you know it makes sense.

Good morning Walt, love the lingo works, aint you noticed darn this way, Bozzam or Bosham, Cozzam or Cosham, think its how high ya nose is the air lol!

I remember my kids asking for free things, meaning three, me spell three, and it went on, think this sort of lingo interpretation happens all over our country.
Even wassup, um do you means "what's up" lol!

Off now chat later all, keep safe n sound, you know it makes sense.

A friend of mine from Dundee asked me to say Pour, Paw and Poor in different sentences. She then repeated them.

It turns out some people can pronounce them differently.

Who would have thunk it :LOL:

Good morning all, they finally did it last night, got a bit lucky at times but who cares, well deserved in the end.
The wevver, for Nick, is dreary in these parts down Souff.

Any how's got some great news this morning, my oppo in the QA has been informed that him n his missus have got the new build ground floor flat they had looked at, am well chuffed for em.
It appears before moving in, they are all packed up n ready, missus has done a brilliant job, bless her, the water board are sending geezers in to flush through all the systems because the place has been standing for so long.
Any way that is just a small setback but they are all excited.

Cheers all have a great day.

Hi all I see Stamp duty has come back from its holidays!

Well done England to finally EXORCISE the German Ghost!

However.....

I thought it typical that McGuire when interviewed after the game put a big foot in hios gob....' The country has been through a lot in the last year and this is a great boost'...so what about the rest of the world?

Agree the booing was awful at the match ...must have been a load of scouser bin dippers there!

As usual the press the ex players and the majority of the country now think we have won the dam thing! FFS how many times do we make the same mistake, big the team up and get egg on faces. Will we never learn!

One game at a time please ....

Bowls competition and a few beers this afternoon...in the drizzle in the East

Been watching Katla a new Netflix jobby ...about an almost deserted abandoned town in Iceland covered in soot but a few hangers on form the base of the story ...not just spewing ash all over the place but apparently bringing back from the dead people who were in the lives of those staying around...thats the story line.

Scenery and setting so drab and and appocalytical that it beggers why anyone would hang around.

So I have started so I will finish but I guess as with all these types of series, they become even more unbelievable and confusing and peter out into a crap stupid ending....ergo LOST!

Anyway keep well and smile....we have a quarter final banana skin coming up on Saturday! :cheers:

Last edited: