Good Morning Thread | Page 315 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all .
Raining again . This is June for gawd sake .
I went to the allotment yesterday to water the new plants I put in on Wednesday, wish I hadn’t bothered now .
No football on last night , what the !!!!!!!
I nearly had to talk to my wife .
East Enders and some “how to lose ten stone in a day “programme saved the day though .
I had the cricket on , on my I pad . Phew !!!!

The next game in the cricket is at Southampton, all sold out though . Will just have to make do with watching it on the sofa ,………. when did sofa ‘s become a sofa and stopped being a settee? …. , we have always had a settee , they look pretty similar , ….. ….. anyhow , will have to settle down to watch it with a beer with me feet up .

Apart from the rain , I love this time of year , I’m not a winter loving person , I should have moved abroad years ago .
Somewhere wild and remote in Spain where you don’t see anyone in weeks . Where , if anyone does come near , you can see the dust rising as they approach .
I always wanted to be a hermit when I was at school , that was my ambition ! There wasn’t any vacancies in Walthamstow when I left .
Never mind . A !

Hope you are all well , keep safe and look after each other.
Not long now till we can get going again , just another year or so !! Ha ha . Can’t wait !

Sounds like it’s all going well Pompey . Your wife will be jumping the wall soon to go down the road . Good for her . It does seem to have been a lot better for her since you got the hot tub .
Do you agree .?
I know a lot of people that have found the heat abroad is good for their aches and pains .
Mate of mine , his wife could hardly walk when they lived in England with arthritic pains in her back and legs . She never had those pains on holiday , and they returned when they got home.

They moved a few years back to Spain and she can walk easily now . No more pain killers either .

So , your birthday is the 12 th September . ? Mine is the 11 th .

. I did a ton of weed removing yesterday , all by hand , on my knees nearly all day . The soil was wet and they came up pretty easy.
My back was in agony when I got home .
Couple of pints of Carlsberg Export and a nice gold watch at eleven pm and I slept like a baby .
Take care all . Look after each other. Don’t get complacent .
Morning Walt, yes the wall jumping is next lol!
I must admit the investment in the Hot Tub is the best thing I ever did for Mrs PY's health, I certainly recco it for anybody who suffers body/muscle pains.

It is also true about the sunshine/warmth regards body/bones/muscle pains, moving to Spain was probably the best thing your oppo's did.
In the early years of Mrs PY's RSD/CRPS, we got really close to moving to St Petes Beach in Florida, agreed price purchase of a house/property, Yank Embassy etc, only to find they would except Mrs PY on a permanent basis, mainly because she had a life time USA Health Insurance paying out monthly to her, me I would only be allowed on a then 3 year visa basis, thus fly out and then fly back, the visa is now 2 yearly, so between us we said fcuk it, to much hassle and stayed where we are.

Now then we are both Virgo's, immaculate/articulate etc I should have guessed that's what you are lol!

Weeding on your knees in the damp, keep a check on that, it certainly can cause damage, plus as you say an agonising back.

Am off up the Ville in a mo, usual Friday chores.

All the best to you and Mrs Walt

The rest of you keep safe, and look after each an everyone to do with yourselves.

Good morning all. It’s looking very quiet on here, what’s going on ?
its Saturday, it’s reading the paper day , it’s going to pick up MIL and be spoken at all day , the sun is shining , the birds are signing , guys are swimming and sailing .
What’s up with you all . Nothing to say ?

We , my mate and I , had a good session in the battle yesterday afternoon . Lovely company , all socially distanced , good chats with loads of other blokes , funny stories , one thing that did come up though was about Billy Gilbert ? The Scottish bloke that caught Covid .
Now if he was allegedly in a bio bubble with the rest of the squad , as they are supposed to be , I think , … then how did he contract it .
Just saying .
Hope you are all well
Stay safe . Look after each other.

It’s oh so quiet ……….. 👀………… there’s nobody about .

is there anyone around to say good morning to.?

Hello …..:wack:

You can’t all be on holiday!!!
:wave:
:unsure:…………………:shrug:
:hug:“who is going to tell him? “
If you are out there , take care and look after each other
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

I started watching an Icelandic drama last night. Strange goings on with a volcano and missing people turning up covered in Ash. Bjork music did feature. It's on Netflix, titled Katla.

Good morning all .
I went to the allotment yesterday to water the new plants I put in on Wednesday, wish I hadn’t bothered now .
East Enders and some “how to lose ten stone in a day “programme saved the day though .

The next game in the cricket is at Southampton, all sold out though . Will just have to make do with watching it on the sofa ,………. when did sofa ‘s become a sofa and stopped being a settee? …. , we have always had a settee , they look pretty similar , ….. ….. anyhow , will have to settle down to watch it with a beer with me feet up .

Apart from the rain , I love this time of year , I’m not a winter loving person , I should have moved abroad years ago .
Somewhere wild and remote in Spain where you don’t see anyone in weeks . Where , if anyone does come near , you can see the dust rising as they approach .
I always wanted to be a hermit when I was at school , that was my ambition ! There wasn’t any vacancies in Walthamstow when I left .
Never mind . A !

Not long now till we can get going again , just another year or so !! Ha ha . Can’t wait !
I feel like becoming a hermit now. Since coming out of lockdown the numbers have grown steadily. The glorious weather's only going to accelerate that. Triffic!

It’s oh so quiet ……….. 👀………… there’s nobody about .

is there anyone around to say good morning to.?

Hello …..:wack:

You can’t all be on holiday!!!
:wave:
:unsure:…………………:shrug:
:hug:“who is going to tell him? “
If you are out there , take care and look after each other
Shhhhhhhhhhh!
Afternoon Walt, am still here, nipping back n forth to have a peak.

Weaver down this way, about 6.45 this morning, pissing down, then went blue sky sunny, now its bleedin cloudy looks like more of the wet stuff, think the weaver off shore is poor cos hoards of shite-hawks about.

Yesterday had a chat with Mrs PY regards growing things, gardening, because my old man, god rest his sole, ex RSM in the Army, was a champion gardener, won many prizes for his Dahlia's, the missus said to me why don't you have a go n challenge your self and see if you have inherited you Dads green fingers.

Upshot is I have decided to have a go at growing Leeks n Runner Beans, start simple eh!, and see how it goes, in 2 of the big pots at the back of my shed, so have got packets of Leeks n RB seeds, ordered some large compost bags, bamboo canes all to get me started, should all be delivered this week, am quite looking forward to it, oh forgot! have 3 bags of them grow your own spuds coming also, starting small eh, wish me luck, lol!

Regards the Kitchen make over, worktops n splash tiles, originally I said about Mrs PY wanting 2 Black identical Fridge/Freezers, whoa there! all change she now wants the same only in bloody silver, I bloody knew that would happen, so got to start the search!

No Hot Tub today to windy n chilly for her, but has had a jaunt out the front, great habit forming here.

Got me Sunday chores to carry out now in the garden plus Aviary Cleanout.

Oh yes, according to my oppo's, the crime rate has dramatically increased round here, the Ville has become a no go area after 6 in the evening for the olduns, let me guess why?

Cheers all, sorry if I have bored you, no am not lol!
Keep safe n look after on and other.

I started watching an Icelandic drama last night. Strange goings on with a volcano and missing people turning up covered in Ash. Bjork music did feature. It's on Netflix, titled Katla.
Nick will have look at that and Bosch series 7 is on Prime, last one it appears, but it seems Prime are making a new series with Harry Bosch assisting his nemesis DA, forget her name, sounds good.

Pompey , i hope your pots at the back of your shed are huge .
kin Huge at that .
If you put the runner bean seeds in now you might just about get away with it . They will take at least a week to germinate , then another couple of weeks before you can even think about tying them to a cane , and you might get three or four plants ia pot if you are lucky ,,depending on the hugeness of your pot .
Put the canes in a wigwam fashion around the outside of the pot and tied at the top.

four runner beans will give you a decent harvest .,
Sorry if I’m teaching you how to suck eggs . I’m not though , cos I don’t know how to suck eggs . !

The leeks will take about six weeks before they can go into the ground and then , again , you may only get about four in a pot .
The leeks would ideally be sown around Christmas time . Then planted out in rows around the time they are as thick stemmed as a pencil. I put mine into the ground last week .

170 of the buggers .!
You definitely need more space than a pot for leeks .

You will have more luck at the moment buying them at a garden centre , but you need something bigger that a pot .
One seed ( plant ) will only give you one leek .

I don’t want to piss on your parade mate. It will be great chatting all things organic on here with you .

You might be better sowing cucumbers tomatoes , Lettuces , spring onions …
It’s all a bit late but if we get a decent autumn you will be fine .

I’ve got some tomato plants if you want them . Just say . They are ready to pot on into bigger pots

The potato bags are great , great results and a joy to eat .
so much better than those from a store .

Really chuffed with your wonderful wife’s progress ,, ha ha , I just started typing “progress” . and the kin clever phone printed out “pregnancy” . !!!!!!! Whoops !

Take care mate . Best of luck with the Percy Thrower new challenges. It’s a great experience . Nick will love it as well , .
My phone is deciding to change the type size and format all by itself at the moment ! Weird

Pompey , i hope your pots at the back of your shed are huge .
kin Huge at that .

If you put the runner bean seeds in now you might just about get away with it . They will take at least a week to germinate , then another couple of weeks before you can even think about tying them to a cane , and you might get three or four plants ia pot if you are lucky ,,depending on the hugeness of your pot .
Put the canes in a wigwam fashion around the outside of the pot and tied at the top.
four runner beans will give you a decent harvest .,
Sorry if I’m teaching you how to suck eggs . I’m not though , cos I don’t know how to suck eggs . !

The leeks will take about six weeks before they can go into the ground and then , again , you may only get about four in a pot .
The leeks would ideally be sown around Christmas time . Then planted out in rows around the time they are as thick stemmed as a pencil. I put mine into the ground last week .
170 of the buggers .!
You definitely need more space than a pot for leeks .
You will have more luck at the moment buying them at a garden centre , but you need something bigger that a pot .
One seed ( plant ) will only give you one leek .

I don’t want to piss on your parade mate. It will be great chatting all things organic on here with you .

You might be better sowing cucumbers tomatoes , Lettuces , spring onions …
It’s all a bit late but if we get a decent autumn you will be fine .

I’ve got some tomato plants if you want them . Just say . They are ready to pot on into bigger pots

The potato bags are great , great results and a joy to eat .
so much better than those from a store .

Really chuffed with your wonderful wife’s progress ,, ha ha , I just started typing “progress” . and the kin clever phone printed out “pregnancy” . !!!!!!! Whoops !

Take care mate . Best of luck with the Percy Thrower new challenges. It’s a great experience . Nick will love it as well , .
My phone is deciding to change the type size and format all by itself at the moment ! Weird
Hey Walt thanks for that you ain't teaching me to suck eggs, I can already do that lol! but growing veg, what I know mate you can put on the back of a match box, remember them lol!.

My pots that I am a beginner with are 2ft(600mm) dia x 20inch(500mm) tall, the 4 rabbit food, salad, plants you mentioned, Mrs PY said the same, so get some more pots and have a go at growing them, great ideas from you both, plus adding Carrots, your Toms idea sounds great, might just take you up on that offer, the list is getting bigger haha.
Am thinking that's all my clear area behind the shed taken up lol!

Percy Thrower, I remember him lol, age you see! my poor departed Dad's nickname was Percy, bit of a coincidence eh!

Thanks again mate.

Hi folks just back from a short trip to my daughter for two of the grandchildrens birthdays. So they took my full attention rather than this site. Sorry Walthy if you felt all alone and deserted...hope you got over it! Got back late last night and watched Euro highlights,,,,though hungarians were unfortunate but Italy bounced back from near disaster, courtesy of VAR, so fair play to them, at least they attack unlike the Italian teams of the past...who loved a1-0 victory!.... Score first and then close the door and park the bus!

Missus wanted two pot bound exotic plants in the sun lounge removed ready for new ones. I wish I had asked Walthy for tips as to how to easily remove them..wot a palava ...spade, secateurs saw, brute force...you name it....I won in the end!

Now gotta go through the procedure of getting replacements...how about this one she will ask...darling I dont mind...but do you like it...and so on until I lose my rag and say ...I dont give a dam...I will pot them but you must choose them!, I do not have a strong opinion but for one thing...they better be slow growers so i dont have to remove them for years ha ha.

Now sitting with a coffee ready to enjoy the footie ....missed the first 30 mins of the Ned v Cze game but is 0-0 at this moment in time so no goals missed.

Hope you guys all had a productive and great weekend....speak soon!

I see Matt no Handjob....has resigned ready to become our new manager! What an honourable and example setting bumch of politicians we have in this country eh!

Good morning all .

Never mind . A !

That place you describe in Spain sounds like the home of Gal (Ray Winstone) in Sexy Beast.

I have a cousin and his family who have lived in Iceland for years. His FB page is splattered with images and videos of the latest Volcanic eruptions.

Looks spectacular. However, it's a bit like fireworks. Seen one, seem them all.

That place you describe in Spain sounds like the home of Gal (Ray Winstone) in Sexy Beast.
Oh ,,, that would be my dream . I loved that film .
You can feel the heat .
The character played by Ben Kingsley was just awesome.

I wish I could quote some of his lines …………. ………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sitting in the heat of the midday sun , having a beer , jumping in the pool .
Heaven ! that would be me .,. My wife says it’s too hot for her .

Hi folks just back from a short trip to my daughter for two of the grandchildrens birthdays. So they took my full attention rather than this site. Sorry Walthy if you felt all alone and deserted...hope you got over it! Got back late last night and watched Euro highlights,,,,though hungarians were unfortunate but Italy bounced back from near disaster, courtesy of VAR, so fair play to them, at least they attack unlike the Italian teams of the past...who loved a1-0 victory!.... Score first and then close the door and park the bus!

Missus wanted two pot bound exotic plants in the sun lounge removed ready for new ones. I wish I had asked Walthy for tips as to how to easily remove them..wot a palava ...spade, secateurs saw, brute force...you name it....I won in the end!

Now gotta go through the procedure of getting replacements...how about this one she will ask...darling I dont mind...but do you like it...and so on until I lose my rag and say ...I dont give a dam...I will pot them but you must choose them!, I do not have a strong opinion but for one thing...they better be slow growers so i dont have to remove them for years ha ha.

Now sitting with a coffee ready to enjoy the footie ....missed the first 30 mins of the Ned v Cze game but is 0-0 at this moment in time so no goals missed.

I see Matt no Handjob....has resigned ready to become our new manager! What an honourable and example setting bumch of politicians we have in this country eh!
That is exactly how I would have suggested you get the buggers out Greavsie, ……brute force . Their strength is amazing . Eventually they would have smashed the pot .
There is no easy way .

Hope you had a good break , so needed .
Grandchildren are just the best , I love being a grandparent and playing the fool . We have been starved of that contact , we are having our two youngest ,they will be Five and Seven , boy and girl , every Thursday during the summer holidays . It’s going to be tiring but just amazing .

I really hope you left a memory of you both with them . And many many more to come ,
Brilliant .

Sounds like a great trip to see your grand children and daughters. Jealous that you guys can watch the Euro's. Can't even get highlights here unless I sign up to Optus. The conditions of this are I must have at least three mobile phones, internet etc with Optus. With this I get EPL etc. I did have it years ago but when they screwed up the last World Cup with zero coverage, I gave them the arse.

You think your Pollies are bad?!?!
I've never seen such an unethical clueless bunch of back stabbing cockroaches in all my life in both Labor and Liberal Govts.

Don't get me started on the Greens!

This is my Gal hang out. A cold beer with a Wild Turkey chaser during summer. Can be very hot though, but I love it.
Mrs Hoddle with our little 'Otis" in the 2nd pic.
Wow Hod , that looks amazing . Looks like paradise…. Good for you .
Hope you haven’t got a hill behind you .,with loose boulders on it !

Last edited:
Good morning all . It was a bit of a dull, but very warm ,morning yesterday . Not a bit of breeze , nothing .
Perfect day for cleaning windows , I was told .
I tried the old selective deafness routine , but failed badly .
So , around lunchtime, armed with a variety of weapons and paraphernalia off I went window cleaning .

I was waiting for the inevitable, and I wasn’t let down .

“ you’re gunna make it rain doing that “…….

Bloke opposite, He never lets me down …

Always wants me to do his car when I’m washing mine ,
“You can do mine next , if you like “

He is a weird one , one of a few round here , …. he is older than me , which makes him a rarity , and is always smiling when he talks to you .
I don’t think it’s a true smile , he just looks like he is smiling .

He has an outfit for every occasion .
It always involves a hat .
He has a winter walking to the corner shop outfit ,….. and a summer walking to the corner shop outfit .
Not the same clothes , but the same style .

Long Crombie style overcoat and black Trilby in winter , and beige Harrington style jacket with with a beige flat cap in summer ,

His gardening outfit is a blue boiler suit and one of those hats that steam train drivers used to wear , matching colour .

His painting outfit , when he touches up his fences with his green fence paint , is a white boiler suit with a white flat cap .

When he is sweeping up his drive , it’s a short sleeve V neck jumper and a grandad style shirt , grey flat cap , with denim jeans , and black hobnails .
Always the same . Weird . …….
We never see her . ……….Not a lot anyway . ……They are a throwback to the fifties .
Harmless though .

Anyhow , he told me I would make it rain , washing the windows and he was right . ………. Clever git .
Pissed down all afternoon .
Saved me going to the allotment though .

He didn’t tell me that .

at least the inside of the windows are clean .

hope you are all staying safe . . Take care , look after each other