Good Morning Thread | Page 217 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Woodbine for us. About ten of us watching a film at the pictures and passing the one fag along the line. One drag ,,and pass it on . You were lucky to get two drags .

great test match being played at the moment . Good mornings play by both sides .
Wonderful by Root , another century . Have to love the Sri Lankan spinners. Brilliant .
I love cricket

Good Morning happy thoughts....(y)
Arse out of the cup!
R rate in my neck of the woods below 0.6-0.9
Arse out of the cup
Hard frost but no snow (yet?)
Arse out of the cup
TV working fine
Arse out of the cup
Hope all you peeps with unwell partners etc are in a good place today and things are progressing well with their recoveries and easing conditions

Good Moaning ...unhappy thoughts..:finger:
Hard frost so shit machine beach deposits hard and crispy not squelchy ...the arse owners still do not pick up! Take yer shit with you...
Depression setting in for Thursday with the wounded scousers
Lots of dozing in the East,...unfortunately not the vaccine as fast as elsewhere

Must fly...off for a precarious and dangerous beach walk and try to avoid the bounding unleashed shit machines and their owners ...'he just wants to be friendly'...well fcuk off I dont! ha ha.

I wish I could look at the views and not the ground as I walk. Its as if it is a live mine field after a war and not yet cleared. Only saving grace is the high tides which wash it all away to join up with all the shit expelled by the House Boats....and people swim in there ...hope their jabs (not covid vaccine here obviously) are up to date.

Addendum...Apologies if you are a considerate dog owner...your associates are not all as worthy unfortunately.

Off me soap box now

Last edited:
Arse out of the cup!
Arse out of the cup
Arse out of the cup
TV working fine
Arse out of the cup
Hope all you peeps with unwell partners etc are in a good place today and things are progressing well with their recoveries and easing conditions

Hard frost so shit machine beach deposits hard and crispy not squelchy ...the arse owners still do not pick up! Take yer shit with you...
Lots of dozing in the East,...unfortunately not the vaccine as fast as elsewhere

Must fly...off for a precarious and dangerous beach walk and try to avoid the bounding unleashed shit machines and their owners ...'he just wants to be friendly'...well fcuk off I dont! ha ha.

I wish I could look at the views and not the ground as I walk. Its as if it is a live mine field after a war and not yet cleared. Only saving grace is the high tides which wash it all away to join up with all the shit expelled by the House Boats....and people swim in there ...hope their jabs (not covid vaccine here obviously) are up to date.

Addendum...Apologies if you are a considerate dog owner...your associates are not all as worthy unfortunately.

Off me soap box now
They're traitors to their own kind. Do they not realise that they themselves will have to walk the walk the following morning, afternoon, evening, whatever? They make my blood boil... & i'm a bloody dog owner.

You need to socially distance from TV's Walt...
Most forums are too serious....I dont touch them personally
Who would have thought that Clark would come along and spoil the good feel factor of the Vaccine. ....Super Vaccine has cometh.
Regarding the reminisce show, great pics Walt keep em coming...loads on that Websire I gave you...Pathe News.
Life when we grew up was so so much less complicated and straightforward and aspirations were nowhere near what youngsters go for today.....although when the careers officer visited our school it was 'and what would you like to be/do when you leave?' job opportunites were many and varied ....
If the virus had happened in the 70's Govt. Media and people's reactions would have been so very different from what we are bombarded with today.

Glad it did not of course,....

Keep safe the VARIANTS are coming!,
Afternoon Greavsie, great post, but there was a "Pandemic" in 1968, 40k deaths here in blighty, it was called "Chinese" or "Asian" flu, it is still with us today, do I remember it like hell I do, same as all of my oppo's, all carried on as normal.

Last edited:
Remember little open paper packets of 4 Domino for 6d bought on the way to school!
Weren't they cigars , or am I thinking of something different .
I remember buying fags singularly , then packets of five , ten , twenty , and some fags were in packs of twenty five .

it was always portrayed as being cool to smoke back then . Women were encouraged to smoke with cigarette holders .
Unbelievable

Last edited:
Well afternoon all, woke/got up pretty early this morning, 6ish, place was covered in snow, about inch deep or so, thought, yes great will get the patio cleaned of the green shit, then brought back down to earth, bloody rain, all snow gone, then blue sunny skies, me thinking what's going on the weather is like everything else in this country, can't make its bloody mind up, now its cloudy all over, jeez!

Memories, fags wise, anyone remember Caspstan Full Strength, or coffen nails, lol!

Our sneaky fags were Players No10's a nd No6's, around the back of the bike shed, well anywhere you could get a sneaky puff.

John Collier "the Window to watch" got my first pair of long trousers from there, haha felt so grown up.

Ah! well happy days and memories, so lets try and make the best of what we have now, keep safe, chins up, smiling and fcuk the miserable twats about us.

Well , back to the weight loss club , which for me starts tomorrow .....
I weighed myself this morning ....... and it’s worse than I thought .
14 stone 1pound .
kin ell ....

I must have had a good Christmas!!!!

I’m not that worried though because it’s time to get back up the allotment and start preparing for spring .
Also we have been walking a lot this week , which I am going to continue.

It’s doing my wife good , getting her abdominal muscles working after the ops .
So I’m not that down beat about being a bit heavier than I should be . !!!!!

I will post my amazing weight loss back on here next week .
Bit of a bad day today , cricket from 04-30 to midday , then football all afternoon . Then a last little gold watch tonight . Ha ha .
it’s all go !!!

Haha Walt Xmas put on we
Well , back to the weight loss club , which for me starts tomorrow .....
I weighed myself this morning ....... and it’s worse than I thought .
14 stone 1pound .
kin ell ....

I must have had a good Christmas!!!!

I’m not that worried though because it’s time to get back up the allotment and start preparing for spring .
Also we have been walking a lot this week , which I am going to continue.

It’s doing my wife good , getting her abdominal muscles working after the ops .
So I’m not that down beat about being a bit heavier than I should be . !!!!!

I will post my amazing weight loss back on here next week .
Bit of a bad day today , cricket from 04-30 to midday , then football all afternoon . Then a last little gold watch tonight . Ha ha .
it’s all go !!!
Haha Walt Xmas put on weight worse than you thought, do you call yourself Fatty, at 14st 1lb, no worries mate it will shift, then you can look at yourself and think skinny me.

I have put on 4lbs, fat not muscle, so back to weight training starting tomorrow, lose the fat re-tighten the muscles, was going to say harden, but thought I might get reported lol!

Arse out of the cup!
Arse out of the cup
Arse out of the cup
TV working fine
Arse out of the cup

Off me soap box now
You paint a pretty picture mate .
When we go down the beach to walk along the prom ! ...... We are inundated with ,” he is only being friendly”
. So I know exactly what you mean . .
We haven’t been there for a long while ... ...it’s just too crowded . It’s like it’s compulsory to be there during a lock down .

But the arse are out of the cup!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no more tv problems to report !
happy days

Then there are the tv programmes .
The programmes used to start about four for Rag Tag and Bobtail, ,Andy Pandy , Muffin the Mule , then stop around six for an intermission , restart for the evening and close down with the national anthem around eleven .

Sunday Night at The London Pallidium with the Tiller Girls .
Quatermass , frightened the life out of me .
How ? With Fred Dinage .
Juke Box Jury , The six five special .

My Mum always loved the cookery programmes .
One of the earliest front runners to today’s many , many cookery shows was Fannie Craddock .
She was a bit of a dominating type , and had a geeky husband called Johnny who sometimes appeared on the show . He was her gofer , and cleaned up after her .
It was he that said the infamous phrase , as he was closing down one of the shows , on which his wife had shown us all how to make donuts,
, when he said ,........
“ well that’s all for today’s show , hope you enjoyed it , and I hope all your donuts turn out like Fannies “
Classic

Good morning all . Great morning in the test match . I missed our last bit of batting , but was just in time to see the first of the Sri Lanka wickets .

Cold and bright out there , in the garden , well , not bright yet because it’s still dark , but it will be . Clear skies .
lots of work to do in the garden today. I need to sort the garden out ,,and the greenhouse , so we can start sowing , leeks are our first job.

Hope you all have a good day .
the diet has started . !!!!
Hope it lasts longer thanTuesday!!!!! Look after each other. Stay safe.