Good Morning Thread | Page 112 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Thanks Hod, but trust me I’m no better than anyone.....We all have our problems and this thread is great that we share them and support each other. Life goes on and it’s what each of us can make of it....let’s hope Jose and Spurs can give us all a lift in these challenging times and also spare a thought for EX who also lost his wife but still finds time in his schedule to come on here and keep us so well informed about a diverse range of topics.

You're a good man, I'm sure you do, but make sure you enjoy every second of every day that you have, and that includes the women!

Good morning all , bit dreary this morning , but then so is the weather .
I didn’t do any of the things I thought I would yesterday , how could I be so naive to think those things were important . They were nowhere near as important as peeling about fifty garlic bulbs into their little slice things , like (chocolate orange sections) that could be put into some machine that hides in one of the cupboards in the magic room , and turned into a pure A ! Don’t ask me ! Took me ages to get all that papery stuff off . Whoever thought it was a great idea to grow these things . Life was so much easier when I was busy at work and we bought things from Asda already done .
Then , In my new vocation in life as a soo chef , ...... again , don’t ask me ! ...... , there was a pile of potatoes to peel and a bucket full of gooseberries that needed the tinyest of “root “ pulled out , and then I was told my plums needed washing . Well they would wouldn’t they !
After all that , I was despatched to the shops because we were short of something that I can’t remember , so I gave up on doing blokes stuff and watched the snooker . I just know I will get a bollocking the next time the gate creaks and next doors fence looks better than ours , and when I explain why , I will get another one of those ........ looks !
Stay safe everyone , never underestimate the power of something you can’t see . I found that out yesterday . All those jobs I couldn’t see , were just there waiting for me . Who knew !
Maybe today I will get the gate done , doubt it . Got to go , agendas don’t set themselves you know .
Very good Walt, other than that look! you get, I get emails to tell me or in the missus's own words just quiet reminders lol! who ever thought up techno' needs shooting, cant get way now.

I done some repairs on my aviary yesterday, but the time working inside my bloody phone didn't stop and quips from the lady of the house of "what about this that job" hmmm I thought more peace when running my business.

Keep keeping safe all and watch out for the numpties.

Very good Walt, other than that look! you get, I get emails to tell me or in the missus's own words just quiet reminders lol! who ever thought up techno' needs shooting, cant get way now.

I done some repairs on my aviary yesterday, but the time working inside my bloody phone didn't stop and quips from the lady of the house of "what about this that job" hmmm I thought more peace when running my business.

Keep keeping safe all and watch out for the numpties.

I see Ross Kemp got the sting in the mouth treatment. He has posted a video on Sky News. I think he got attacked by a few of them I his loft. I just thought you could show your wife , she is not the only one. Ross did the Mick Jagger thing as his lips have ballooned. I guess you didnt go around singing I cant get no, or Jumping Jack Flash around her !! I know it was worrying for you and I hope all is well now.

I see Ross Kemp got the sting in the mouth treatment. He has posted a video on Sky News. I think he got attacked by a few of them I his loft. I just thought you could show your wife , she is not the only one. Ross did the Mick Jagger thing as his lips have ballooned. I guess you didnt go around singing I cant get no, or Jumping Jack Flash around her !! I know it was worrying for you and I hope all is well now.
Nick, I saw that, Kemp wasnt/isnt allergic, no way will I show her that prog, after all according to the Doctor if it wasn't for her Matron mate acting so promptly the Missus would have died, a bloody bee sting, again according to Doc it was because of the ailment she suffers with, for life by the way and no cure, that reacted as it did, since Sunday my missus has had at least 6 calls from the Docs, checking and informing her of what she can take and not take medicine wise, quick deliveries from the chemist.

There is now a fear of outdoors for her, but today all swelling gone and still some pain, we are both very fingers crossed, and I am desperately trying not to show how worried and scared for her I am, for the life of me I cannot remember being so scared even compared to the military situations I was in

Thanks for asking, you keep well also mate.

Nick, I saw that, Kemp wasnt/isnt allergic, no way will I show her that prog, after all according to the Doctor if it wasn't for her Matron mate acting so promptly the Missus would have died, a bloody bee sting, again according to Doc it was because of the ailment she suffers with, for life by the way and no cure, that reacted as it did, since Sunday my missus has had at least 6 calls from the Docs, checking and informing her of what she can take and not take medicine wise, quick deliveries from the chemist.

There is now a fear of outdoors for her, but today all swelling gone and still some pain, we are both very fingers crossed, and I am desperately trying not to show how worried and scared for her I am, for the life of me I cannot remember being so scared even compared to the military situations I was in

Thanks for asking, you keep well also mate.
Not an easy situation Pompey but look at it this way...her first Bee sting in all her years..what are the odds of another? I had one when I was 10 and haven’t had another since...the odds against must be in her favour...stay strong and careful of course.

Not an easy situation Pompey but look at it this way...her first Bee sting in all her years..what are the odds of another? I had one when I was 10 and haven’t had another since...the odds against must be in her favour...stay strong and careful of course.
The chances of getting stung by a bee are very unlikely . That’s not to say it won’t happen again , but it’s human nature to be worried. .The good thing is that she now knows how to deal with it and how to treat the after affects , that puts her in a better position than most . All she has to do is come to terms with that , and I know that isn’t easy . I wish them both well .

The chances of getting stung by a bee are very unlikely . That’s not to say it won’t happen again , but it’s human nature to be worried. .The good thing is that she now knows how to deal with it and how to treat the after affects , that puts her in a better position than most . All she has to do is come to terms with that , and I know that isn’t easy . I wish them both well .

Its weird but I dont like eating outside. Because of insects , not fear of being stung but being hassled by them or risk of them getting in my drink.

I love this damn thread! One of my favorite. All of you are such special unique folks...and I have grown to know many of you...the only thing that is missing is meeting in person over some fine beer! (damn that would be fun!)

Apologies I don't post much on this particular thread...I am a bit out of synch for 'good morning'. When I get around to checking in on you guys...it is usually much later than morning!

I will try to do better. I also need to post some pictures.

Take care all, stay safe and healthy!

EX - Shaggin himself into an early grave...damn that made me laugh!

I love this damn thread! One of my favorite. All of you are such special unique folks...and I have grown to know many of you...the only thing that is missing is meeting in person over some fine beer! (damn that would be fun!)

Apologies I don't post much on this particular thread...I am a bit out of synch for 'good morning'. When I get around to checking in on you guys...it is usually much later than morning!

Haha US, that's what you get for lagging behind us, 5 hours on average I think, mind at times I think I lag behind by as much, age you see.

I/we have a number of friends who live in the States, and we all have discussions/chats at the weirdest times.

Keep safe and healthy mate.

Don’t worry USA you are not alone....I have a brother and many friends in Florida and we keep in touch regularly so I get updates on what’s really happening with you guys as opposed to what we see on the news...
Keep posting...maybe we need a Good afternoon or Good evening thread for world supporters with you and Hod on completely different time zones from us.

US , it doesn’t matter what time it is , the important bit is that it brings us all together. I think it is awesome that we have you , swanky , X, Paddy, all posting from the states , Vinnie , and others from Europe , Smiffy from South Africa, some bloke in Canada and Canadian Spur and Hod and all us loonies from the uk . Sorry if I’ve missed anybody out . It’s a bit early for me .
I love the posts from everyone .

Morning ladies, all this lovely stuff is looking and feeling a bit poofy - now pull yourself together you lot and start arguing - you know like we used to ! :love:;)

p.s. I declare I have nothing against the third gender or is it the 4th or 5th now?- anyway, you lot know what I mean - any offence taken by this post is just tough, or soft, whatever your preference is !! :rockon:

Last edited:
Good morning all . Weather forecast last night in the online Histrionics that pass as newspapers these days said we were in for a Blowtorch Saharan Heatwave today. Huh ! Overcast and been raining when I emerged from my pit . If that is what the Sahara is like at the moment , I will forgive them and eat humble pie , but. I doubt it .
Don’t you just love those on line rags ., they just get worse every day . Nobody can write a decent story , can’t type , can’t spell , will ever only use sensational headlines that contain “could ““ might“ “may “ . Then struggle to back up the claims with any sort of decent journalism. I hate them .
I actually got the gate repaired yesterday . Stage one complete . Rubbing down the greenhouse and summerhouse next before repainting them . We discovered the other week that we have a field mouse living under one of them , I say a field mouse , by now there may be twenty . I will have to do something about it . I don’t really want to kill them . Anyone got any ideas ?
Don’t mention cats , sorry but we are both definitely not cat lovers . When we bought this house six years years ago , it had been empty for four months , in the height of summer and the previous owners had what was a poor imitation of a lawn . You can imagine what it looked like when we moved in in October . Harry would know !
The grass was as high as an elephants gonads , or was it eye ? It was a ‘kin mess anyway !
The neighbours on one side , back then , they have gone now , thank fuck , had three !!!! cats !!!! They loved the fact they could happily jump up and over the fence and have a dump in what was to become our garden . The cats I’m on about , not the neighbours!
Oh what joy I had when I tried cutting the grass . ! All those months they had of leaving little presents for me , !
Four months and three cats !
Oh how happy I was filling up bag after bag of cat shit!
. Obviously, eventually , I got the job done , Victor Meldrew eat your heart out .
But did it deter the ‘kin things , did it fuck ! . Over they would come , not a care in the world , they even used the earth in the flower tubs , it was lovely! Talk about being alert now , we had to be alert back then . The Bull and Cows it caused between us and the neighbours from hell were legendary.
I resorted to putting plastic spikes and buying sonic detection things all sound the garden , none of it truly worked .
I was on the Christmas Card list with most of the workers at BnQ.
If got worse when the “he“ part from the cat keepers duo , in a fit of temper, put his foot through the fence ! The little darlings didn’t even have to go through the inconvenience of having to jump over then ,,they just nonchalantly strolled through. A cat flap without the flap ! The ultimate inconvenience removed for using our garden for their convenience. !
One of the little fuckers even walked in through our patio doors one day and made itself comfortable on our sofa ! Calm as you like . It went out a bit faster than it walked in !
We had a street party when they moved three years ago .
If any of you are cat lovers then I must stress that .as much as I wanted to , I never ever hurt them . Unless the sonic detector hurt their ears .
Chased them shouting like a maniac yes , running around the garden with the hose pipe in my hand , yes .
. Oh happy days .
Calm and peace and birds have returned now . We can safely walk barefoot now .
Just got to do something with the field mouse now . There is always something , isn’t there . .
Any how , got to go .
Greenhouses don’t rub themselves down you know .
Stay alert , keep safe , avoid going for the proverbial early bath like the plague .
Keep posting.

Morning ladies, all this lovely stuff is looking and feeling a bit poofy - now pull yourself together you lot and start arguing - you know like we used to ! :love:;)

p.s. I declare I have nothing against the thrid gender or is the 4th or 5th now - anyway, you lot know what I mean - any offence taken by this post is just tough, or soft, whatever your preference is !! :rockon:
Look pal , if want to express my feelings on here for my fellow yid I will . Nothing you do or say will put me off , don’t come on here all high and mighty and trying to cause upset . By the way , a lady is the second gender ! ......... have I gone too far now !!!!!!
:ban:

Afternoon girls and boys. The misses has pissed off to Raymond Blancs restaurant in Oxfordshire for a couple of days for 'work'.
Do me a favour. Work???
So I am here with the girls eating sausage and chips.
Torbay is rammed with rich tourists who can't get over to their holiday homes in France. I have never seen so many Range Rovers in one place. The seagulls love to shit on them.
Taking the girls to the zoo this afternoon. Booked a place about three weeks ago.
Have also made some balustrading for the little terrace thing that leads out from the dining room. It's only taken me 5 years and a global pandemic to sort.
The misses will be thrilled.