Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

I might be under estimating Olympiakos as well.

The point I'm making is Spurs are a club that need to step up. Yes, they have a potential weakness at RB and a potential problem if Lloris gets a long term injury, but with a fit Lloris we are strong right across the pitch. Even at RB, who's to say that Aurier and KWP might have a slugfest and attain higher levels than we've seen for the last 2 seasons in that position.

Nobody likes a victim. Poch and the squad need to step up.

Well, a large percentage of Spurs fans love a victim!!

Ha!

The onus most of the time is on the player - given the opportunity to play for their country, guess what? - They insist on playing.

If an International association accept a medical report from the club - and most don't without further proof, they'll tell the player to stand down; perhaps the only exception is the English FA where they can and do often allow the manager to form a view if an exception is requested by a player.

I’m sure common sense could have taken place from the player

New club, new country, full summer away, late transfer, not fully fit, friendlies - 2 weeks in England would have helped him get fit/settle in time to start against Palace.

It’s a season long loan - I’m sure he wants to impress us.

We have a very good relationship with the Argentina national team - I’m sure they would have seen sense.

I see he’s back in time for another international break....

I’m sure common sense could have taken place from the player

New club, new country, full summer away, late transfer, not fully fit, friendlies - 2 weeks in England would have helped him get fit/settle in time to start against Palace.

It’s a season long loan - I’m sure he wants to impress us.

We have a very good relationship with the Argentina national team - I’m sure they would have seen sense.

I see he’s back in time for another international break....

FWIW most emerging players are desperate to take their opportunities to play for their country and to establish themselves - unless they've given up / retired internationally, I've rarely heard of a wannabe international say NO to apperaing for their country.

So how you get a player to use their 'common sense' to turn them down would be a new one on me.

FWIW most emerging players are desperate to take their opportunities to play for their country and to establish themselves - unless they've given up / retired internationally, I've rarely heard of a wannabe international say NO to apperaing for their country.

So how you get a player to use their 'common sense' to turn them down would be a new one on me.

He started 4/6 games in the Copa America - he’s not emerging on the international scene - that strikes me as an important player.

He started 4/6 games in the Copa America - he’s not emerging on the international scene - that strikes me as an important player.

He's really not established for them at all and he's far to new in his international career to start ignoring/refusing/play-acting to get away with it.

Kieran Tierney may miss international duty with Scotland as part of what has been described as a ‘phased return to match fitness’ but he is available for Arsenal’s Europa League match on Thursday and therefore no fresh injury setback.

Of course I expect FIFA to step in an fine and ban the player/club.

Kieran Tierney may miss international duty with Scotland as part of what has been described as a ‘phased return to match fitness’ but he is available for Arsenal’s Europa League match on Thursday and therefore no fresh injury setback.

Of course I expect FIFA to step in an fine and ban the player/club.

First his national association has to accept their explanation, but if they don't, then they can demand that he attend, if le arse refuse to release him, then his national association can register a complaint with FIFA who under their rules are bound to investigate and act on the outcome.

For me the point here is that it was in our best interests to get some of our squad match fitness through the international fixtures. Only 11 can start for Spurs.

Aurier was one who played back to back games for his country and then had a stormer against Palace. Davies also came off the bench on the first and then had 90 mins in the second of Wales games. The international break got them both match fitness that we benefitted from. I think Lo Celso was in the same position and everything was with the blessing of the club. Then the horror tackle....

Through that period, Dele was also fit for selection and he had 30 mins in the NLD before England had their 2 games. My guess Southgate and Spurs had the conversations and mutually decided he wouldn't be involved, just like with Tierney right now.

I still believe the club and country work together all the time. I also believe the players do want to play for their countries and shouldn't have their paths blocked.

I also can't wait to see Lo Celso get established in our colours.

For me the point here is that it was in our best interests to get some of our squad match fitness through the international fixtures. Only 11 can start for Spurs.

Aurier was one who played back to back games for his country and then had a stormer against Palace. Davies also came off the bench on the first and then had 90 mins in the second of Wales games. The international break got them both match fitness that we benefitted from. I think Lo Celso was in the same position and everything was with the blessing of the club. Then the horror tackle....

Through that period, Dele was also fit for selection and he had 30 mins in the NLD before England had their 2 games. My guess Southgate and Spurs had the conversations and mutually decided he wouldn't be involved, just like with Tierney right now.

I still believe the club and country work together all the time. I also believe the players do want to play for their countries and shouldn't have their paths blocked.

I also can't wait to see Lo Celso get established in our colours.

I so desperately want Lo Celso involved; his impact (when match fit) will now be all the more dramatic.

No issues at all with him exchanging shirts with Salah...actually props to Salah for giving him his shirt vs. being a dick and shoving him off. Class play in my opinion.

Really have no issues with Liverpool either...they are pretty much everything I wish we were at the moment...and the coach to go with it.

We see so much now that we never used to see.

Can't see the point of being judgemental about it.