Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

He'd only have tripped up over his mid- morning Pastel de nata or choked on his Sardinhas assadas and spent the first three month recuperating...or worse still confronted with Nando's he'd have upped sticks and returned on the first flight!
Sh, genuine Portuguese food....it’s disgusting...and yes I did live/ work there for 2 years.

Ex... are the club insured against these kind of things? Paying £18M for a guy to join for a season only for him to crock himself before he's started for us hurts.

I actually liked what I saw from Lo Celso...for the short time we saw him. I look forward to him getting healthy and you know maybe getting some minutes for us. (of course with MP who knows)

We are cowards.

We should have never, ever let a player who had an international summer and no pre-season leave again. Any "injury" excuse or trick can never, ever be challenged. no matter how thorough the national team medical team is.

Everytime before these friendlies I raise this issue and get told off. If players choose to risk their careers for international friendlies or even qualifiers - not in a Spurs shirt please.

We deserve this.

We are cowards.

We should have never, ever let a player who had an international summer and no pre-season leave again. Any "injury" excuse or trick can never, ever be challenged. no matter how thorough the national team medical team is.

Everytime before these friendlies I raise this issue and get told off. If players choose to risk their careers for international friendlies or even qualifiers - not in a Spurs shirt please.

We deserve this.

Yep.

We all know the rules, as Spursex says they are there.

But it’s amazing how top clubs manage to get around it.

It really isn’t a mystery why our form collapses at the business end of the season.

Yep.

It really isn’t a mystery why our form collapses at the business end of the season.

I trust Southgate to break Kane for good before summer comes.

5-1 up at half time and he keeps his man so he can chase the England scoring record.

Ex... are the club insured against these kind of things? Paying £18M for a guy to join for a season only for him to crock himself before he's started for us hurts.

The international associations are the insured party and they make a claim on behalf of the club and pay the club compensation.

We are cowards.

We deserve this.

The onus most of the time is on the player - given the opportunity to play for their country, guess what? - They insist on playing.

If an International association accept a medical report from the club - and most don't without further proof, they'll tell the player to stand down; perhaps the only exception is the English FA where they can and do often allow the manager to form a view if an exception is requested by a player.

Yep.

It's not as 'I' say they are, they are FIFA's rules.

Gutted for the lad. I'm assuming there was no previous history of this injury and I'm not sure why he would turn down the chance to play for his country. After all football is a religion where he comes from. It's also a completely moot point to say he didn't have a pre-season. He retained his fitness right through to July with the Copa America and went back to Betis for pre-season and trained. He then joined Spurs 5 weeks ago and has had all that time to improve his levels of fitness.

However, we have 15 midfielders and forwards at our club - Dier, Wanyama, Skipp, Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lamela, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Moura, Sessegnon, Kane, Parrott.

In no way can we hide behind any excuses in our up and coming games. It's up to Poch to get 6 of that talented bunch on the field with quality subs on the bench and get them beating teams. None of our next 5 fixtures in the next couple of weeks have anything like that quality so it is only attitude and tactics that can be our downfall.

It was a friendly so Loco would probably have played less than 90 minutes and wouldn't expect such crazy challenges. He would also have been selected with the future in mind perhaps. It was an ideal opportunity for match conditioning for him. I can't think of any reason he shouldn't have played.

Gutted for the lad. I'm assuming there was no previous history of this injury and I'm not sure why he would turn down the chance to play for his country. After all football is a religion where he comes from. It's also a completely moot point to say he didn't have a pre-season. He retained his fitness right through to July with the Copa America and went back to Betis for pre-season and trained. He then joined Spurs 5 weeks ago and has had all that time to improve his levels of fitness.

However, we have 15 midfielders and forwards at our club - Dier, Wanyama, Skipp, Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lamela, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Moura, Sessegnon, Kane, Parrott.

In no way can we hide behind any excuses in our up and coming games. It's up to Poch to get 6 of that talented bunch on the field with quality subs on the bench and get them beating teams. None of our next 5 fixtures in the next couple of weeks have anything like that quality so it is only attitude and tactics that can be our downfall.

So what you're saying is we've had it then ?

You are under estimating Leicester massively

You are under estimating Leicester massively

I might be under estimating Olympiakos as well.

The point I'm making is Spurs are a club that need to step up. Yes, they have a potential weakness at RB and a potential problem if Lloris gets a long term injury, but with a fit Lloris we are strong right across the pitch. Even at RB, who's to say that Aurier and KWP might have a slugfest and attain higher levels than we've seen for the last 2 seasons in that position.

Nobody likes a victim. Poch and the squad need to step up.