Gills vs Rotherham | Vital Football

Gills vs Rotherham

Should have been a pen / free kick before they scored the second, for some reason I have Millers commentary and even they said it was a foul, even though we are poor the ref is dire

Bonham is shite today.

Got to command his back line. And he was in no man’s land for the second. Got to commit one way or the other.

And his kicking has been terrible.

Should have been a pen / free kick before they scored the second, for some reason I have Millers commentary and even they said it was a foul, even though we are poor the ref is dire

I thought the ref got it right, to be honest. Hanlan did superbly to get away from his man, but then it looked pretty much shoulder to shoulder to me. It's the kind of challenge you'd appeal for when it's your team, but you'd be furious if one like that was given against you.

Fed up with writing the same thing every week. We've more than matched them in midfield but created bugger all. Rotherham's penalty was a soft one, their first goal was a terrible cock-up and their second one what I believe the youngsters call a "worldie". Ours didn't really look like a penalty to me either, by the way. Hanlan was leaning on the other bloke's arm all the way to the penalty area.

Whether we're playing better football at home than under SL is debateable but we still concede soft goals and are too easy to play against, and we can't create and on the odd occasion we do we consistently can't hit a barn do with a banjo. We currently have problems at both ends of the pitch and I don't think SE knows how to sort one let alone both of those based on current evidence.

According to SE we play promotion candidates every week, with good chairman, good investment etc blah blah blah. That might have something to do with the fact we're not very good. It's seems to me he gets his excuses in early.

Did PS really go through the whole SE appointment process controversy for this after 16 games? Whether PS can afford to get rid of SE if he wanted to is probably a more relevant question, I'd guess probably not.

Time to put a run of form together and produce some decent performances, but I'm not holding my breath. As Alderman says, its the same problems at both ends that don't change, its so predictable sadly.

Last edited:
We do seem too easy to go 2-0 up against. When 1-0 down, the second goal is usually for the other team. Very frustrating to be a plastic Gill.