Gills vs Dover | Page 3 | Vital Football

Gills vs Dover

The same Injury that ended his loan spell at Ross County last season.

Not good news close to start of the season. Hope Ashley recovers well, but dislocations tend to be recurring over a career.

Is it likely AMB will return to Charlton for his rehab? They may take a more cautious road in his recovery and not want him playing L2 in a few weeks time.

It’s possible we won’t see Ashley again in a Gills shirt if the loan is cut short.

If he knows that his first team opportunities are limited this season he may decide to go.i still think he is a solid defender. But if the rest of the back line is going to be fairly young he possibly hasn't got the leadership skills. If the centre back we still need is seen as the future captain or simply leading the back line it would leave Ehmer hoping for a injury or suspension to get a appearance .Unlike Tutonda I can't see him happy with very limited appearances as it would make life very difficult next season for Max.

Ehmer *WAS* a solid defender, but regressed markedly after going to Bristol Rovers and his confidence only improved slightly on his return, and hasn't been the same player since.

Gills In The Blood retweeted someone who said they spoke to AMB and he said he'd be out for a couple of months. Very disappointing and I think Harris will have to go back into the market for another keeper.

Who was the guy we got from Dover who ran the game when they beat us in the FA cup. After we signed him he was injured in a preseason game and I'm not sure if he ever played another game for us

Bloody hell makes our small squad even smaller!!

He’s on loan. I’m not sure of the contractual arrangements. But I’d have thought he’d go back to Charlton and we’d get another loanee in. So not sure it affects our squad.

Hope he recovers fully tho, and doesn’t keep dislocating it. Good luck to AMB.

Who was the guy we got from Dover who ran the game when they beat us in the FA cup. After we signed him he was injured in a preseason game and I'm not sure if he ever played another game for us
He did play for us quite a bit under Martin Allen but was always half a yard off the pace and I’m not sure if he ever scored a goal for us after getting 40’odd in that season for Dover. It was his cruciate knee ligament he injured in preseason.

He did play for us quite a bit under Martin Allen but was always half a yard off the pace and I’m not sure if he ever scored a goal for us after getting 40’odd in that season for Dover. It was his cruciate knee ligament he injured in preseason.

He scored a tap-in against Scunthorpe under MA in the FA Cup, I think to make it 4-0. I believe that was his only goal for us.

I was at that pre-season game when Birchall got injured. I recall him looking really promising! What could have been?

The same Injury that ended his loan spell at Ross County last season.
I'm obvioisly no expert on such things but once something gets dislocated a couple of times it looks dodgy. Likely to keep happening (as it is inevitably weakened) and for a goalie this is an especially bad injury. What a shame.

Anyone on here with real knowledge of such things?

Encyclopaedic knowledge of sports injuries but one of the few things I’ve never managed is a dislocation 😂.
Oh hang on !!!
Once when in a defensive wall, the free kick was stopped by my right thumb while covering my gonads and dislocated it.
The guy on the sideline with the sponge and deep heat clicked it back and I carried on.
Effing hurt though.

I'm obvioisly no expert on such things but once something gets dislocated a couple of times it looks dodgy. Likely to keep happening (as it is inevitably weakened) and for a goalie this is an especially bad injury. What a shame.

A Mates son kept dislocating his shoulder. He eventually had surgery on it. Apparently the surgeon shortened the tendons holding the joint together making the joint more stable. Hes not had any problems since but I gather it still doesn't feel quite right.
I would think that sort of injury would be very hard for a goal keeper to manage

Encyclopaedic knowledge of sports injuries but one of the few things I’ve never managed is a dislocation 😂.
Oh hang on !!!
Once when in a defensive wall, the free kick was stopped by my right thumb while covering my gonads and dislocated it.
The guy on the sideline with the sponge and deep heat clicked it back and I carried on.
Effing hurt though.
Dislocated a thumb playing in goal. F'ing hurt but I clicked it back in easily enough.

Problem after that was that is kept dislocating, eg when merely tying my shoeleaces. Hence my comment about it weakening and being a particular problem for a goalie given the nature of their job.

Iirc, happened to Ehmer's shoulder but I'd guess not so precarious an injury for an outfield player.

It’s a shame and probably explains why Charlton decided to loan him out this season when some of their fans thought he’d be challenging to start games with them.

A Mates son kept dislocating his shoulder. He eventually had surgery on it. Apparently the surgeon shortened the tendons holding the joint together making the joint more stable. Hes not had any problems since but I gather it still doesn't feel quite right.
I would think that sort of injury would be very hard for a goal keeper to manage

There are a lot of dislocations happen in AFL here in Oz. Brutal game.

You are right that they can keep recurring. Usually first time it happens players are just out for a week or 2. If it happens again, depending on time of season, they are often sent for an op to stabilise the shoulder better but are then out for months or up to a year after the op. So that’s a decision for Charlton and the player to make.

There was a Western Bulldogs player here a few weeks ago dislocated his elbow! Shocking injury 😳
He disappeared down to the change rooms. They “popped it back in” he returned and played out the game. AND played the following week! Build them pretty tough those Aussie rules players.

Google Cody Weightman Injury. It said likely to miss next week, but he actually played.

Dislocated a thumb playing in goal. F'ing hurt but I clicked it back in easily enough.

Problem after that was that is kept dislocating, eg when merely tying my shoeleaces. Hence my comment about it weakening and being a particular problem for a goalie given the nature of their job.

I've dislocated the same finger twice, the little finger on my right hand. Once playing in goal when I was probably about 13 or 14 (fine fingertip save, unfortunately I only got literally one finger to the ball!). Didn't even realise until I took my glove off that the top section of the finger was at a right angle to the rest of the finger. Went to the hospital for that one. Did it again playing volleyball years later, popped it back in myself that time. That was about 20 years ago, hasn't gone again since, you can see it's swollen though when compared to the same finger on the other hand.

For those wetting the bed about this result, I noticed Wimbledon, our opposition for our first 2 games of the season, lost to Conference South Eastbourne, 1-0 on Saturday, thanks to goal from Whelpdale