Gills vs Dover | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills vs Dover

These games are all about looking at untried players, getting them familiar with each other and experimenting with tactics.
They rarely offer an accurate guide to early season form.
It is still a concern that we don't appear to have any genuine strikers though.

I'm not surprised, we are well off having a proper squad, hopefully by the end of next week will have about 5 new players. I expect a few more signings to come but concerned about having a small squad as along with lack of pre season that cost us last season with injuries.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the new lad Baggott making a mistake in a friendly. I remember watching a Gills game vs Ipswich on ifollow and he was solid as a rock, great positional sense etc of course he's a risk with no league experience but what signing isn't gonna be a risk at our level.

I've heard from other Gills fans that Harris does his nut on the touchline when Ehmer hoofs it and wants him to pass the ball to feet so would not be surprised if Max moved on, he's been a good servant to be fair.
I wonder if he looked so good against us because we were so poor and posed virtually no attacking threat.

Pre season counts for little apart from sorting out your squad and getting the set up/ playing style sorted. Over the years we've had great pre seasons and done nothing in the actual league and vice versa.
Well said Vambo. I’m sure we put 10 past Chatham town in preseason under Pennock.

We all remember how that turned out.....

I may have missed it but has there been any explanation of Ehmer’s absence?

I may have missed it but has there been any explanation of Ehmer’s absence?

NH has said he was left out because of s slight back injury. Said if it had been a League game Max would've played but was no point risking him for 45 minutes that could put him out for 3 weeks.

NH also said looks like a dislocated shoulder for AMB.

NH has said he was left out because of s slight back injury. Said if it had been a League game Max would've played but was no point risking him for 45 minutes that could put him out for 3 weeks.

NH also said looks like a dislocated shoulder for AMB.

Thanks for that, just a precaution then. Hope the shoulder injury isn’t too bad as well.