Gills signing 2 new players today | Vital Football

Gills signing 2 new players today

SuperGillsfc

Vital Newbie
Hi everyone this is my first post after being a reader for some time

Gills are signing Crewe defender 6ft 5 David nugent today and also a GK from Dover,

People at the office say his absolutely huge lol hopefully can get a striker in now

He's pretty good actually. Not entirely convinced that CB is an area where our urgent requirements lie however......

Surely I can't be the only one who is slightly worried about the majority of the players we have signed have all but come from a lower division then us.

Don't see why we need 3 to be honest. If Nelson is on his way, surely go with Holy and Hadler and use the wages for another more pressing position.

Nugent confirmed. Had a promising start at Cardiff City playing 12 times in their promotion side. Ady's going down the Pulis route. I remember similar comments being made when we signed Darren Carr having already signed a couple of centre backs and that didn't turn out so badly.

jimbogills - 15/8/2017 16:27

He's pretty good actually. Not entirely convinced that CB is an area where our urgent requirements lie however......

I share your sentiment jimbo. I imagine that AP must, unfortunately IMO, be fully signed up to 5 across the back; can`t see why else he would want a 4th central defender when other areas of the team would seem to be in more urgent need.

Nevertheless, welcome to Ben. Hope he settles in well and wish him all the best.

But we need cover for Zakuani absence and suspensions.

Who is this goalie as I can find no mention anywhere? Is he a promising junior?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Max go now. We are crying out for a playmaker in the centre and a striker with pace. Signing these players from a lower division makes me wonder if we are preparing for league 2