Gills Friendlies 2018-19 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills Friendlies 2018-19

How boring! the usual round of non league Kent clubs, who's players want to kick the cocky professionals up in the air to bring these pro's down a peg or two.
How many will we get injured before the season starts? Why can't we arrange friendlies against fellow league clubs, at least a bit of mutual respect.
I and many Gills fans I know will show no interest in these waste of time games at all.

How boring! the usual round of non league Kent clubs, who's players want to kick the cocky professionals up in the air to bring these pro's down a peg or two.
How many will we get injured before the season starts? Why can't we arrange friendlies against fellow league clubs, at least a bit of mutual respect.
I and many Gills fans I know will show no interest in these waste of time games at all.
Only three have been announced so far.

Sheppey United away on 7th July, definitely coming down for that, great set up down there and a micropub just down the road.

Sheppey United away on 7th July, definitely coming down for that, great set up down there and a micropub just down the road.
Gills twitter account is saying it’ll likely be a mixture of first teamers and kids given the Folkestone game the night before. Being a Saturday I might be up for it though.

Dartford away Tuesday 17th July. Following on with the pub suggestions the Working Men’s club near Air/Breathe nightclub is supposed to be fantastic :wahey::guiness:

It'll be better than the last time I saw us play Sheppey in a friendly which has to be pushing 20 years ago when our kids got battered 5-1 by their first team at Central Park in Sittingbourne.

I know the owner of said micropub too. Never really into football but he's got hooked following the Ites. Only small gripe is that his beers are in kept in cooling jackets rather than a temperature cooled room which most micros have. Never mind, still can't beat Kentish microbreweries!

Hopefully FOM_Blog won’t mind me copying and pasting his social media post. This is the current line-up with dates:

Gillingham's Pre-Season Friendlies Announced So Far........

July 6th: Folkestone Invicta 7.30PM
July 7th Sheppey United 3PM
July 10th Faversham Town 7PM
July 14th Margate 3PM
July 14th Tonbridge Angels 3PM
July 17th Dartford 7.30PM

Hopefully FOM_Blog won’t mind me copying and pasting his social media post. This is the current line-up with dates:

Gillingham's Pre-Season Friendlies Announced So Far........

July 6th: Folkestone Invicta 7.30PM
July 7th Sheppey United 3PM
July 10th Faversham Town 7PM
July 14th Margate 3PM
July 14th Tonbridge Angels 3PM
July 17th Dartford 7.30PM
Mouthwatering...

Full list of friendlies so far, including five days with double headers.

6th July - Folkestone (a)
7th July - Sheppey Utd (a)
10th July - Bromley (a)
10th July - Faversham (a)
14th July - Tonbridge (a)
14th July - Margate (a)
17th July - Dartford (a)
17th July - Welling (a)
21st July - Ebbsfleet Utd (a)
21st July - Dover Ath (a)
24th July - Chatham Town (a)
24th July - Eastleigh (a)
31st July - Meridian Sports (a)

Folkestone game moved to this Saturday 7th July, kick off 12.30pm
Sheppey Utd kick-off also now 12.30pm on Saturday.

Can't wait for Saturday personally, beer, Gills, beer, England, beer, band practice, beer, BBQ, beer. What a day.

Folkestone game moved to this Saturday 7th July, kick off 12.30pm
Sheppey Utd kick-off also now 12.30pm on Saturday.

Can't wait for Saturday personally, beer, Gills, beer, England, beer, band practice, beer, BBQ, beer. What a day.

Was thinking of going to Sheppey on Saturday but might be a bit of a push to get home for the England game.

I'll be at the Folkestone game as local to me - should be a great day with the England game on after. They have a decent bar there which is quite spacious, so they might be showing it there after the match, I'd have thought.

They’re showing the England games on a screen down the car park part of the Harbour Arm, aren’t they? I remember going in one of the bars on it pre-World Cup and they were saying each bar was looking at doing a pop-up bar down there. Only negative is it’ll be rammed with the type who like to throw their beers up in the air after every goal. I’ve got to be in a particular mood for that :unsure: