General politics thread: | Page 102 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were talking about Labour in this thread and i just thought the that the word ****** you used to describe rich people in another thread was more applicable here.
Still not following. Are you calling me a Juan Kerr or Labour or what? Seems a bit of an odd response.

I thought it would be obvious. I think that the Labour party are wankers. Does that clear it up?
I didn't get the jump between talking about individual wankers and collective wankers.

Fine.

I'm not sure I entirely disagree with you, although discussing the Labour party wasn't really the foci of my post

I didn't get the jump between talking about individual wankers and collective wankers.

Fine.

I'm not sure I entirely disagree with you, although discussing the Labour party wasn't really the foci of my post
Even myself as a poor pensioner couldn't argue with the need to claw some money back but apparently Kier and his mates thought it was a good idea to call it a betrayal of election promises. Like i said wankers.

I always liked the proposal to create a social care insurance scheme that starts when you turn 40. Basically you would pay an "insurance" levy for 30 years; kind of like a reverse student loan, that you pay for 30 years in mid life for something you haven't had yet. That seemed fairer.

I see that this levy will apply to workers over 65. I would applaud that. It is a shame they have balked from additionally taxing the wealth of the elderly however; it really is the young who are disproportionately paying for COVID and elderly care yet again. Its an essential thing to do, but an unfair way of funding it.

That said, the media seem to not be mentioning that the cap does benefit some of the young, in that it caps how much of your parent's estate can be taken from inheritance. Does fuck all for those whose parents have fuck all of course- many of whom have just voted Tory for the first time.

But who else are they going to vote for? Labour, who have somehow failed to provide their own solution even when they didn't have the burden of having to face the reality of implementing it.

Labour's criticism of the broken manifesto promise on the triple lock was risible. There is no possible argument for the government doing anything else on the triple lock other than scrapping it altogether. For labour to criticise this is horrificlu disingenuous and insulting to the intelligence of their voters, whoever they are now.

One of the many issues with this 10.4% rise in NI contributions is that only a small fraction will go to social care, the rest will be swallowed up by the NHS in paying £75,000 per year for inclusivity and diversity admin positions.

This is what your 10.4% increase in National Insurance 'contributions' is helping, so keep clapping and pay up, safe in the knowledge that is 'The envy of the world'...

inc.jpg

One of the many issues with this 10.4% rise in NI contributions is that only a small fraction will go to social care, the rest will be swallowed up by the NHS in paying £75,000 per year for inclusivity and diversity admin positions.

This is my worry. I don't object to a tax hike to pay for NHS and social care - we're all going to need it at some point - but it should be spent at the coal face on new equipment, more front line staff, more capacity etc. Not paying for bewildering numbers of middle and upper management that do little but increase the amount of bureaucratic befuddlement that plagues the entire system

Personally be surprised if any of it makes it to social care front lines. Think somewhere between the telegraph and guardian is about right, boris is trying to out corbyn, corbyn while at the same time yet more emperors clothes- he says he has an oven ready plan but in fact, when you look at the detail, there is no plan beyond spend more of someone elses money. How stupid do people now feel who voted for this clown?

I've gotta be honest here, but I thought the Tories already had a plan for social care, which was sending untested covid patients back into care homes.
Didn't prove too popular that one, though.

Last edited:
Important jobs.

I'm sure they are, but the wages are questionable, and that is being polite; especially compared to staff who are charged with providing the service of health to the nation.
Also, I'm unsure how effective they will be in helping to clear the backlog of delayed treatments.

Last edited:
Now we are all happily paying more to fund the 'envy of the world' NHS (the social care side is a drop in the ocean compared to what the money pit will get) it’s worth checking how and where some of this money will be spent.

From Guido…
New job adverts on the Integrated Care Systems (ICS) recruitment page show that the NHS is now hiring 42 new chief executives to manage ‘integrated care boards‘ across the country, on salaries averaging £223,261. Seven of which will pay up to a whopping £270,000.

Get applying, may as well...

https://ics-ceo-recruitment.com/all-roles

Excellent.

Do we need a head of diversity and equality in every trust in nhs? The nhs is the most diverse employer already. More individuals of ethnic minorities are paid in top jobs in nhs than in any other organisation. Also more women and I would guess the most diverse lgbt organisation going. The money has to go to the coalface and on stopping people going in to hospital or assist in being discharged early.

Germany goes to polls at end of month. Coalitions are shaping up. The left looks likely but so does less tax for middle. Merkel going means under writing EU looks less likely and suddenly Italy, Greece etc looks quite fragile. QE will not be under written by Germany. Meanwhile the EU under Michael’s makes a power grab. Euro army is back on table as is autonomy. The former unlikely to succeed but they are chipping away as Brussels and EU, unelected grab power. The quiet revolution is underway. The bankers and rich win again.

So Boris, if you want to break a manifesto pledge because the world has changed, then that is fine, but here’s what you need to do: Put your new ideas in a new manifesto and get it legitimised by the people who are paying for it, you useless albino lump.

Fair play, as a fair system is for a!l our benefit chaps.
I have discussed with the family chap on how we will be able afford this tax hike. Fortunately, although my wife and kids will have to settle for chips on their own now , when I frequent the chippy ,my battered sausage and fish with my chips can be ring fenced chaps! Wow chap.

Even myself as a poor pensioner couldn't argue with the need to claw some money back but apparently Kier and his mates thought it was a good idea to call it a betrayal of election promises. Like i said wankers.
Maybe the ones who've been getting even richer should be the ones to pay - not all the poorer folk. I think who is the ****** here is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.