General Football thread | Page 494 | Vital Football

General Football thread

After waking on the sofa and finishing the bottle of Kraken, it doesn't really matter any more.

We're sleepwalking into WW III, we've done our best to destroy the planet, do I really care about Forest?

Yes, because I'm an irrational human being. But there's serious shit going on in the world which should concern us more.

Where is this confidence that the side would be functioning, coherent or able to compete in the championship?

First off, Nuno would be gone. Some think this would be a bonus: maybe.
However, as we're all aware, manager churn spells the death-knell for any semblance of a plan.
Two, huge debts.
Three, most of the decent players would be off, to cover those huge debts.
Four, points penalties in the championship.
Five, Reduced crowds (but less tourists, which would be nice, TBF)
Six, the shite handling of the ST renewals.
Seven, parachute payments gobbled up to service the humungous debts.

There's a clusterfuck in coming if we do drop...and it'll be toxic.

Who's to say we won't double-drop?
No sane person would wish relegation.

However, we get parachute payment dont we? also Danilo, Murillo, MGW would be off, (others too to add to the cash flow) Im pretty sure there would be close to 100 mil for them 3 , also our great owner has very deep pockets, as for points deduction in championship, why?

However, we get parachute payment dont we? also Danilo, Murillo, MGW would be off, (others too to add to the cash flow) Im pretty sure there would be close to 100 mil for them 3 , also our great owner has very deep pockets, as for points deduction in championship, why?
I think a lot of us are ok with it because our faith has been so shaken in the legitimacy of the Premier League as a genuine competition.

Obviously, going straight from losing every week in the Premier League to losing every week in the championship would be sub-optimal. But assuming we would actually win some more games, it's ok.

Standard of football is miles lower. Pace is lower, intensity and physicality is lower.

But you win games, and you can win almost any game on your day. Brings smiles back to faces.

You get to see youth players come through again. I can't imagine when that is going to happen with us in this league. When are we going to be established enough to risk it, and when will we have a youth player good enough to throw in?

For all these years, I've felt this huge need to see my team in the Premier league again. I was doing my GCSEs last time.

Well, we've done it now. The actions of the PL this season have, in my view, been outright corrupt and I believe the referees have been part of that agenda.

So championship football without the ultimate, desperate aim of reaching the top flight will be an interesting, maybe less stressful experience.

And ultimately, we are getting relegated anyway whether we are ok with it or not so if it happens we might as well just reconcile with the idea

Well I've not given up yet.

I enjoyed the championship promotion season more than this last 2 seasons ill admit, but don't want to go down, believing things cant get any worse next season if we manage it.

If we do go down, im optimistic we will come back up again, manager dependant of course, i think financially we should be ok as we have high value assets who will bring in a lot of cash, plus the parachute payments.

The worry is if we DONT bounce straight back

I think a lot of us are ok with it because our faith has been so shaken in the legitimacy of the Premier League as a genuine competition.

Obviously, going straight from losing every week in the Premier League to losing every week in the championship would be sub-optimal. But assuming we would actually win some more games, it's ok.

Standard of football is miles lower. Pace is lower, intensity and physicality is lower.

But you win games, and you can win almost any game on your day. Brings smiles back to faces.

You get to see youth players come through again. I can't imagine when that is going to happen with us in this league. When are we going to be established enough to risk it, and when will we have a youth player good enough to throw in?

For all these years, I've felt this huge need to see my team in the Premier league again. I was doing my GCSEs last time.

Well, we've done it now. The actions of the PL this season have, in my view, been outright corrupt and I believe the referees have been part of that agenda.

So championship football without the ultimate, desperate aim of reaching the top flight will be an interesting, maybe less stressful experience.

And ultimately, we are getting relegated anyway whether we are ok with it or not so if it happens we might as well just reconcile with the idea
My only worry is that when Wolves were relegated last time, my mate said that at least he would see them start winning again. They promptly got relegated again.

I can’t see that happening to us and I have always said I love the Championship as a competition although that is starting to be diluted by yo-yo clubs.

The other question is whether Merry Knackers decides to walk away…

Weren't we in breach (EFL rules) when promoted, coupled to the spectacular losses incurred in the EPL?

Isn't leicester facing similar, in whatever league they compete in next season?

Weren't we in breach (EFL rules) when promoted, coupled to the spectacular losses incurred in the EPL?

Isn't leicester facing similar, in whatever league they compete in next season?
Don't recall us being in fir a EFL sanction.
Wouldn't be surprised though.

My only worry is that when Wolves were relegated last time, my mate said that at least he would see them start winning again. They promptly got relegated again.

I can’t see that happening to us and I have always said I love the Championship as a competition although that is starting to be diluted by yo-yo clubs.

The other question is whether Merry Knackers decides to walk away…
Exactly. There is this blasé attitude that sell a few players...it'll be reet.

Will it bollocks.

In a more competitive league, with our above average players replaced by aging ex-prem stars or "wonder kids" from Benfica's reserve side; it'll go south quicker than punters down the traps.
Our manager search will be desperate and amateurish.

We'll lose confidence quicker than Yates losses the man he's marking.

Oh, but we'll see a youth player emerge through the ranks, cos we have no money and crowds are reduced.
Brilliant.

Whatever happens the structure at the top has to change including the manager. It’s been a shit show. Look at Crystal Palace. Brought in a progressive continental manager after clearly doing their homework on him and he has stabilized their team. That’s because they are properly run. Our owner must learn on how to run a club

Last edited:

Celebrating mediocrity, as opposed to aiming for success.
Hmm, not sure about that...

We, as at the game fans, can help this process by supporting the lads through thin and thinner.

Absolutely no reason we can't cheer ourselves horse at the game this Sunday and hope it drives them onto a famous draw.

Every chance a palmer-less Chelsea couldnt succumb to a ultra-blocks and an famouser 1-0 snatchfest.

If you take your tin hat off for a moment, and allow the suns rays to warm your pate, you will realise that the only place to me is the closed-shop grubbiness of the Premier League!

IIRC, the promotion season (21/22) our losses were around £40m.
Which included £20m of promotion bonuses.

Promotion bonuses are there to keep wages and contracts down to the aid of P&S for non parachute payment clubs.

Hence why they should be allowable losses under P&S so as not to punish clubs who are being careful and diligent in negotiating affordable contracts.

Hey ho

Celebrating mediocrity, as opposed to aiming for success.
Hmm, not sure about that...

We, as at the game fans, can help this process by supporting the lads through thin and thinner.

Absolutely no reason we can't cheer ourselves horse at the game this Sunday and hope it drives them onto a famous draw.

Every chance a palmer-less Chelsea couldnt succumb to a ultra-blocks and an famouser 1-0 snatchfest.

If you take your tin hat off for a moment, and allow the suns rays to warm your pate, you will realise that the only place to me is the closed-shop grubbiness of the Premier League!
No way do I want us to go back to the Championship. We have to stay in the Prem

Exactly. There is this blasé attitude that sell a few players...it'll be reet.

Will it bollocks.

In a more competitive league, with our above average players replaced by aging ex-prem stars or "wonder kids" from Benfica's reserve side; it'll go south quicker than punters down the traps.
Our manager search will be desperate and amateurish.

We'll lose confidence quicker than Yates losses the man he's marking.

Oh, but we'll see a youth player emerge through the ranks, cos we have no money and crowds are reduced.
Brilliant.
No.

We will sell MGW, Danillo, Sangare and Murillo for 150M+ and keep everyone else.
Worral will return to a hero's welcome and be a stalwart captain , leading us to promotion.

Elanga, CHO and Awoniyi will break all championship records for goal scoring, cumulating in Elanga getting 27 assists and 19 goals.

All led by that gentle sexy beast of a man, Nuno, winning manager of the season by a landslide.