General Football thread | Page 493 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Not a good result. Everton play Luton in a couple of games and will now be on the beach… you just know they’ll give Luton a win
I'm sick of the Premier League at this point.
I'm a little bit hoping we get relegated. Its shameful I know.
I'm a bit ashamed to even think like that. Its just been such a fucking shit couple of years. I don't know if I can deal with another one like this.

I'm a bit ashamed to even think like that. Its just been such a fucking shit couple of years. I don't know if I can deal with another one like this.
You should be ashamed. Things can only get better ( but not under Flipflop Cowboyboots)

Not a good result. Everton play Luton in a couple of games and will now be on the beach… you just know they’ll give Luton a win
Not so sure. Everton have a solid defence and aerially are dominant. Brentford showed if you win the physical and aerial battle they struggle. Luton are spent. The only chance they have is if the ref denies Wolves goals at weekend. Wolves denied an equaliser tonight. Wolves fans annoyed.

Completely agree. Looked forward to this for years and it’s shit. The thrill is in the chase. Hate everything.

Not sure I even believe in the Premier League anymore as an actual competition on the level

Not so sure. Everton have a solid defence and aerially are dominant. Brentford showed if you win the physical and aerial battle they struggle. Luton are spent. The only chance they have is if the ref denies Wolves goals at weekend. Wolves denied an equaliser tonight. Wolves fans annoyed.
Another shocking decision against Wolves. I feel Luton will get a point this weekend, and we will ship anywhere between 3 and 5 points.

That could leave us level on points, with a plus 5 GD with 3 games left. 100000% we must beat Blades and I think a point v Chelsea. We need to also hope that Burnley get no more than 2 points from their next 3 games

Completely a peace with relegation now if that's what happens. Last weekends shenanigans cemented that.

Happy to take the risk we go down, even spend a couple of years there and hope we are strong enough to bounce back and come back up once newer thought through financial regs are in place alongside the regulator being in place.

Does anyone think this club will be any less shambolic in the championship?
I have my doubts.

Logically, and obviously (y'know being a football fan and all that = wanting the highest level of competition for your team) its best to stop up in the prem.

How will the circus function without the £120m+ of filthy lucre being paid to the clowns?

Some of y'all need to reign in the misery and start to show Nuno, the lads and, MOST of all, Big Vangelis Marinakis some hot love.

Does anyone think this club will be any less shambolic in the championship?
I have my doubts.

Logically, and obviously (y'know being a football fan and all that = wanting the highest level of competition for your team) its best to stop up in the prem.

How will the circus function without the £120m+ of filthy lucre being paid to the clowns?

Some of y'all need to reign in the misery and start to show Nuno, the lads and, MOST of all, Big Vangelis Marinakis some hot love.
Obviously hope we stay up!

But I can agree that if we go down it would almost feel cleansing (until the first bad decision in the Championship!)

. We need to also hope that Burnley get no more than 2 points from their next 3 games

This is my main worry. As much as those 3 games are difficult on paper they are the 3 difficult teams at that end of the table that are completely capable of throwing in a shit performance and giving a win away. I mean our 2 bounce results under Nuno were 2 of those teams. None of them are particularly consistent.

I think a win v shef united means they have to get 7 points from those 3 games so long as we draw with them. That's assuming no points from man City or Chelsea; to be fair Chelsea for us is more of a lottery than those 3 games they have.

Obviously hope we stay up!

But I can agree that if we go down it would almost feel cleansing (until the first bad decision in the Championship!)
Where is this confidence that the side would be functioning, coherent or able to compete in the championship?

First off, Nuno would be gone. Some think this would be a bonus: maybe.
However, as we're all aware, manager churn spells the death-knell for any semblance of a plan.
Two, huge debts.
Three, most of the decent players would be off, to cover those huge debts.
Four, points penalties in the championship.
Five, Reduced crowds (but less tourists, which would be nice, TBF)
Six, the shite handling of the ST renewals.
Seven, parachute payments gobbled up to service the humungous debts.

There's a clusterfuck in coming if we do drop...and it'll be toxic.

Who's to say we won't double-drop?

Where is this confidence that the side would be functioning, coherent or able to compete in the championship?

However, as we're all aware, manager churn spells the death-knell for any semblance of a plan.
Two, huge debts.

Make up your mind- are we selling all the good players to cover the huge debts or not?

You seem to think most of the squad will be sold to cover those debts, yet you also seem to think this won't have any effect because the debts will then remain afterwards and gobble up the parachute payments.

It is possible we could cover all that is left of our amortisation bill with 4, maybe 5 sales; most of these being players we wouldn't expect to stay anyway.

Danilo and Murillo will both be off for a good profit. I don't think anyone would ever imagine them in the championship and I wouldn't worry about not taking them with us

Two, huge debts.

Good to hear some positive opinions!

First 3 points are bullshit - manager churn not relevant if we replace well, debts would be paid if we sold a couple of valuable players.
4 points penalty in the Championship -?? On what grounds?
5 I might be able to get a season ticket
6 I can still afford one
7 just repeats 2 and 3 which all depend on how we send transfer income.

You sound like a troll again, after almost becoming sensible.

Make up your mind- are we selling all the good players to cover the huge debts or not?

You seem to think most of the squad will be sold to cover those debts, yet you also seem to think this won't have any effect because the debts will then remain afterwards and gobble up the parachute payments.

It is possible we could cover all that is left of our amortisation bill with 4, maybe 5 sales; most of these being players we wouldn't expect to stay anyway.

Danilo and Murillo will both be off for a good profit. I don't think anyone would ever imagine them in the championship and I wouldn't worry about not taking them with us
Very sensible and logical.

Does the club offer any indications it operates with any of this foresight and coherence?

My point is, those, almost, welcoming relegation as a blessed relief are deluding themselves it will be anything other than a disaster.
Being mardy at a competition that pays £120m for being absolute shite is the blood money for “cheating” VAR, sucking off the Super League six and fuck you ST price rises.

As the snake coined it, the circus will remain, the clowns running the show.
IMO there is no plan once in the Champ, and the only way forward is no suckle at the poisoned EPL chalice.

And if we do drop, IMO, we’re mitzi double-dropping by the end of next season

Good to hear some positive opinions!

First 3 points are bullshit - manager churn not relevant if we replace well, debts would be paid if we sold a couple of valuable players.
4 points penalty in the Championship -?? On what grounds?
5 I might be able to get a season ticket
6 I can still afford one
7 just repeats 2 and 3 which all depend on how we send transfer income.

You sound like a troll again, after almost becoming sensible.
It was point 4 = a points penalty, not a 4 point penalty.

I imagine the galactic sized debts accrued in our two premier league seasons (plus the debt leaving the championship 21/22) will mean we’re slightly over a 3-year roll?

Anyways, no trolling, buddy.
Just thinking the grass ain’t always greener, especially so given we’ll be sharing it with the sheep at least twice, if we’re relegated.

Very sensible and logical.

Does the club offer any indications it operates with any of this foresight and coherence?

My point is, those, almost, welcoming relegation as a blessed relief are deluding themselves it will be anything other than a disaster.
Being mardy at a competition that pays £120m for being absolute shite is the blood money for “cheating” VAR, sucking off the Super League six and fuck you ST price rises.

As the snake coined it, the circus will remain, the clowns running the show.
IMO there is no plan once in the Champ, and the only way forward is no suckle at the poisoned EPL chalice.

And if we do drop, IMO, we’re mitzi double-dropping by the end of next season

Do you suckle from a chalice?