General Football thread | Page 491 | Vital Football

General Football thread

we didn't have afcon last year or the threat of ffp sanctions. if we looked at the football stats I would bet we are comparable- maybe even a small improvement
The ultimate football stats are that we have collected less points despite the players we have brought in.

AFCON can’t be used as it has been our choice to bring these players in and Everton have had the same concerns but have improved markedly in terms of points gained.

The bottom 3 are weaker than last season and yet here we are, struggling and looking like we could easily drop.

For me we haven’t improved at all despite having ‘better’ players.

The ultimate football stats are that we have collected less points despite the players we have brought in.

AFCON can’t be used as it has been our choice to bring these players in and Everton have had the same concerns but have improved markedly in terms of points gained.

The bottom 3 are weaker than last season and yet here we are, struggling and looking like we could easily drop.

yea I get that, overall I don't think we have improved although aspects of our football have, hence the water treading opinion. if we can stay up AND keep hold of our better players I am hopeful of genuine improvement.

Under Nuno, after 16 games we are 2 points better off than in Cooper's 17 games. That can be anywhere up to 3 or 5 after today. A win today and Nuno is close to doing his job.

There hasn't really been a proper sustained improvement though. We are worse at set pieces than under Cooper, probably worse at defending, probably better at scoring. We aren't picking up points at any better rate really. Some of the fight has certainly gone. But we'll see that today

Huge blow to Luton. This was a really winnable game.

They have Everton next at home and then Fulham on the last day. They looked dead on their arses. How did we not take six points from those games? They are really poor. Key injury as well.

Could have done without Burnley getting that win, but all we need to do is our jobs tomorrow.

So frustrating that without that points deduction we would be pretty comfortable
Didnt see the game but the report suggests Brentford met fire with fire; once the physical battle had been won, it was a stroll in the park.

If only we had that kind of approach

Just got back

Terrible. No runners, no one willing to take responsibility. Absolutely gutless display. Stick your double pivot up your arse. We need to go 442. Get MGW playing a 8 and Yates at 6 then 2 wingers. We need a standard formation that even these idiots understand.

I'm fucking livid

think it is difficult to be conclusive because of all the off field bullshit.

not sure we have gone backwards, more treading water imo

When you consider the quality of the players at Leeds, Leicester and Southampton last season, compared to Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd, we do seem to have gone backwards.

When you consider the quality of the players at Leeds, Leicester and Southampton last season, compared to Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd, we do seem to have gone backwards.
agree, for all the money we've spent, to see the displays we've been putting out, fulham aside is a shockingly poor return.

To compound our misery further, I have just read that Ashley Young thought the ref was spot on for all 3 decisions . They weren’t penalties because they weren’t given apparently. Just genius

Just another stereotypical thick , lying , overpaid footballer.

How refreshing would it be for someone to say- “ I probably got a bit lucky, but you have to take it when these days come along” Is that too much to ask in this day and age?

To compound our misery further, I have just read that Ashley Young thought the ref was spot on for all 3 decisions . They weren’t penalties because they weren’t given apparently. Just genius

Just another stereotypical thick , lying , overpaid footballer.

How refreshing would it be for someone to say- “ I probably got a bit lucky, but you have to take it when these days come along” Is that too much to ask in this day and age?
He looked incredibly smug in that interview- far more smug than a player who was shit and absolutely should have cost his team the game should be.

I bet everyone else in that dressing room is congratulating him but thinking "stupid prick"

He looked incredibly smug in that interview- far more smug than a player who was shit and absolutely should have cost his team the game should be.

I bet everyone else in that dressing room is congratulating him but thinking "stupid prick"
Honestly, probably not. They probably thought it was funny. Toney was worse but Young comes a close second.

Why did Forest release that statement? Most punters have taken a negative view of the statement even if they agree all three decisions were wrong. It appears churlish and could get club in to trouble. Statement isn’t claiming fix but is claiming incompetence in allowing appt of officials it did. According to Athletic a plan was discussed to release it at halftime.

The reaction has been along time coming. Cooper got fined £8000 for his reaction to decisions in championship year. The decisions and complaints continued last season and more so this. Since Nuno’s arrival the bad decisions and letters of apology have increased. Reid and club have been fined for over reacting when commenting on “every week”. The appointment of Clattenburg was reported as being an attempt to understand thinking and decisions.

The reaction is understandable but what were Forest hoping would be the response and outcome. Why the comment about considering options? Does this not just get them in to more trouble? Apparently this was not a knee jerk reaction. It was considered releasing at halftime. The comment about Attwell being on duty was made last week. The statement went up to the top and received confirmation. What would be a better response? They have tried writing reports, collecting apologies, appointing a communications conduit and venting anger. What response is more appropriate. Forest are unlikely to win a game ever again with officials deciding games like they have done recently. Any suggestions?

Didnt see the game but the report suggests Brentford met fire with fire; once the physical battle had been won, it was a stroll in the park.

If only we had that kind of approach
Collins and Pinnock, two big CB’s just bossed centre of defence. Even found time to score and miss chances. Barclay was still class but the rest were journey men. Tank is empty.

Why did Forest release that statement? Most punters have taken a negative view of the statement even if they agree all three decisions were wrong. It appears churlish and could get club in to trouble. Statement isn’t claiming fix but is claiming incompetence in allowing appt of officials it did. According to Athletic a plan was discussed to release it at halftime.

The reaction has been along time coming. Cooper got fined £8000 for his reaction to decisions in championship year. The decisions and complaints continued last season and more so this. Since Nuno’s arrival the bad decisions and letters of apology have increased. Reid and club have been fined for over reacting when commenting on “every week”. The appointment of Clattenburg was reported as being an attempt to understand thinking and decisions.

The reaction is understandable but what were Forest hoping would be the response and outcome. Why the comment about considering options? Does this not just get them in to more trouble? Apparently this was not a knee jerk reaction. It was considered releasing at halftime. The comment about Attwell being on duty was made last week. The statement went up to the top and received confirmation. What would be a better response? They have tried writing reports, collecting apologies, appointing a communications conduit and venting anger. What response is more appropriate. Forest are unlikely to win a game ever again with officials deciding games like they have done recently. Any suggestions?
I think it had to be done, if it wasn't us then eventually another team would.
Look at all the dodgy decisions we have had against us and then look at some of the dubious decisions Luton got in their favour.
Ask wolves fans about the decisions they've had go against them.
I couldn't give a fuck about the PL anymore, I've never felt so angry with the shocking decisions that went against us yesterday.
Yep I am still fucking pissed off with it all at the moment.

Just got back

Terrible. No runners, no one willing to take responsibility. Absolutely gutless display. Stick your double pivot up your arse. We need to go 442. Get MGW playing a 8 and Yates at 6 then 2 wingers. We need a standard formation that even these idiots understand.

I'm fucking livid
I’ve said it before but our lack of reading situations and lack of running off the ball carrier is basic shit and we can’t do it. That’s on coaching staff