General Football thread | Page 483 | Vital Football

General Football thread

This is international football.

You don't just outscore the opposition because defending is a lot easier than attacking. Stopping goals is a lot easier than scoring them.

England go gung ho, "hey, we have Bellingham and Foden and Kane" etc- and all that will happen is that teams will set up to stop them, deny them space, frustrate them.

Then they will exploit our absolutely shite defence to nab a goal and defend Rorkes Drift for the rest of the game not giving us a peek.

It doesn't matter how good Bellingham is if he has 11 men in front of him and no space to run into

And teams will do that because they know they can defend and we cant

Agree with all of this, plus the fact that teams do not win tournaments by going 'all out attack'. The Spain team of 2010 is regarded as one of the best international teams ever, yet they only won one game by more than a single goal, didn't score more than 2 in a game and won all of their knockout games 1-0.

I've really cooled on Southgate since the World Cup but this desire to see him basically play a team of attackers and ignore the defence is nuts - we'd be out in the group stages.

Te
Agree with all of this, plus the fact that teams do not win tournaments by going 'all out attack'. The Spain team of 2010 is regarded as one of the best international teams ever, yet they only won one game by more than a single goal, didn't score more than 2 in a game and won all of their knockout games 1-0.

I've really cooled on Southgate since the World Cup but this desire to see him basically play a team of attackers and ignore the defence is nuts - we'd be out in the group stages.
Teams with poor defences win nothing.

As Fletch reminded us, the last British side to retain the European Cup were Forest.

City won't be emulating that feat just yet.

£20m is a very decent uplift on the £11m we paid to Corinthiens.

Good luck to the lad, playing for one of the Mega 6:

Is well in excess of £20m, £21m? I think i've read it via one of them vile forums, we'll need around twenty million pounds to avoid PSR prior to 30 June?
Wheels are turning...

£20m is a very decent uplift on the £11m we paid to Corinthiens.

Good luck to the lad, playing for one of the Mega 6:

Is well in excess of £20m, £21m? I think i've read it via one of them vile forums, we'll need around twenty million pounds to avoid PSR prior to 30 June?
Wheels are turning...

Yes, yes. Very fair price. Bite their hands off. Sell before end-June.

Yes, yes. Very fair price. Bite their hands off. Sell before end-June.
Sarcasm aside, i fully concur.

The unfortunate thing is, our shite/deadwood - in spite of the deluded happy clappers estimate - will not generate no nothing money.

We need reddies, and the big guns know this.
Having a backstop of 30 June is obviously gonna hamstring us, hence the £20m valuation.

Honestly, the EPL have so much to answer for. VAR, bent refs, zero sponsorship and the little clubs are left to pick up the crumbs of the broken promises.

"Upon the pyre of the charred remains, the prideful provincial powerhouse gasps for honest graft and greets the artful plagiariser. Anti-happiness welcomes the masses"

SA

Sarcasm aside, i fully concur.

The unfortunate thing is, our shite/deadwood - in spite of the deluded happy clappers estimate - will not generate no nothing money.

We need reddies, and the big guns know this.
Having a backstop of 30 June is obviously gonna hamstring us, hence the £20m valuation.

Honestly, the EPL have so much to answer for. VAR, bent refs, zero sponsorship and the little clubs are left to pick up the crumbs of the broken promises.

"Upon the pyre of the charred remains, the prideful provincial powerhouse gasps for honest graft and greets the artful plagiariser. Anti-happiness welcomes the masses"

SA
Try £65m plus before even sitting down to discuss such a transfer

This league is fucked. We should not sell MGW or Murillo if we stay up, try and move those players we don’t need on loan, or at a loss.

Add what we need. To hell with the current rules and if it means 4-6 point deduction, take it and then go legal

To hell with every aspect of PSR and its anti competitive league

Try £65m plus before even sitting down to discuss such a transfer

This league is fucked. We should not sell MGW or Murillo if we stay up, try and move those players we don’t need on loan, or at a loss.

Add what we need. To hell with the current rules and if it means 4-6 point deduction, take it and then go legal

To hell with every aspect of PSR and its anti competitive league

up front in cash or fook off. after raising st prices substantially, if and when we sell, it should be for record amounts.

Wow @Will.NFFC check this.

Cosying up to yet another victim