General Football thread | Page 521 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Agree.

I’d go 3-5-2 with CHO and Wood as our top 2

MGW, Danilo and Yates/Dom as the mid 3.

Now seriously expecting Luton to beat west ham. They’re hopeless
No brainer , we should play the same formation as v Man City. Chelsea are " worse" then City nd will give us space at the back. Problem is, that we are missing too many chances. Unfortunately no matter what formation do we play we are bound to concede, but if score the opposition might be a bit more wary from attacking us as if there is no tomorrow.

Keep him. Get that 3rd CF so we can manage his minutes and training. Was impressed with Brereton this half season. He’d be ideal as a joint second choice with Wood on loan
Brereton is a top Championship striker nothing more. We need strikers that make the difference. Yesterday against us he had the freedom of the ground and its not as if he scored goals. Infact he missed a sitter or two.

West Ham will be a different animal it's their last home match of season & Moyles' last home game. Everton lost 6-0 a few days before they played us
Same did Chelsea, first they destroyed Everton then lost heavily to Arsenal the following week. The Premiership is unpredictable ...

Lot of planning for next season going on in here.
Oh, what a change, some optimism.
But we ain't there yet my doom mongers, not yet.

Lot of planning for next season going on in here.
Oh, what a change, some optimism.
But we ain't there yet my doom mongers, not yet.
Yep, but if we stay up there’s so much uncertainty leading into next season

Do we need to sell before June 30? If so, should we?
Will the PL revise this last year of shite unfair and corrupt PSR for some sort of amnesty?

Then we can debate ins and outs. Need points back this week 🤞

Yep, but if we stay up there’s so much uncertainty leading into next season

Do we need to sell before June 30? If so, should we?
Will the PL revise this last year of shite unfair and corrupt PSR for some sort of amnesty?

Then we can debate ins and outs. Need points back this week 🤞
You can't do anything about Uncertainty, open a Coors, have a moose burger and get some chorein done.
Look at it again after next Saturday, things might be clearer.

For anyone who is interested, Bromley have just been promoted with Chesterfield to the football league.

People might remember we bought Gareth McLeary from Bromley.

Sad day for Solihull Moors, who have lost in the playoffs yet again.

For anyone who is interested, Bromley have just been promoted with Chesterfield to the football league.

People might remember we bought Gareth McLeary from Bromley.

Sad day for Solihull Moors, who have lost in the playoffs yet again.
Thoroughly recommend the film "The Bromley Boys" for anyone that hasn't seen it. It's about a young lad's obsession with the Bromley football team. one of those brilliant British films that doesn't get the exposure it deserves. Available on Amazon prime at moment I think

Spurs getting hammered as well , nice to see they're in tip top form ahead of next week:ROFLMAO:
They have to win. Lose and they can’t catch Villa. Draw and they have to rely on Villa losing their last two games.

If Burnley don’t win both of their games they are done.

Going to be tense next weekend…

West Ham may be falling apart as Moyes’ tenure comes to an end, but we really tend to overestimate Luton’s ability to win virtually any of their games - they’ve taken 6pts from their last 10 matches, and that’s about their form for the entire season, too. West Ham away looks a nice, friendly fixture for them, but they’re still more likely to lose it than to win it.

West Ham may be falling apart as Moyes’ tenure comes to an end, but we really tend to overestimate Luton’s ability to win virtually any of their games - they’ve taken 6pts from their last 10 matches, and that’s about their form for the entire season, too. West Ham away looks a nice, friendly fixture for them, but they’re still more likely to lose it than to win it.
This is very true.

Below represents the last 19 games for Luton- half a season

Screenshot_20240505_193829_Samsung Internet.jpg
That is 14 points scored, 6 away from home and 8 at home. 0.73 points per game. Two points then from two games based on a half season form.

They have Adebayo back and that makes a difference. He isn't that great but he is powerful, similar to Awoniyi. I am assuming they will get at least 3 points in one of the games.

But they know that lose a tough away game at a hurting West Ham and they are toast.

And they are waiting on our appeal with more baited breath than we are; any returned points and they are as good as down if not actually down.

I suspect we will be disappointed with that but it's a tough road. We need to win one game out of two at most.

You can't do anything about Uncertainty, open a Coors, have a moose burger and get some chorein done.
Look at it again after next Saturday, things might be clearer.
Have some respect. Coors is American, not Canadian. Off you go and have yourself a room temperature Bud, it’s still one of the cheapest in Tesco, and reflect.

If not Coors I'm unfamiliar with Canadian beer.
I suspect it's shit, if American beer is anything to go by.